OT - NO POLITICS Spring Ahead, Things that are Green & Pretty Flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Just got back from the steroid injection in my neck. Worst part was they set you up with an iv port "just in case" and the nurse had to stick me twice, once in the hand and then in my forearm. In her defense, my veins like to hide, but I've had better experiences lol.

And now, I wait to see if it will do any good. They said it can take up to three days, or it can be immediate. We'll see how i feel tomorrow, I guess.

My PCP sent me to the ER two weeks ago because she felt my EKG was showing a difference from my baseline (it turned out normal, by the way). The nurse put a port in to draw blood. She missed on the first arm, then missed on the second, so she had to stick the back of my hand. That one barely got the vials full, and she had janked it around so much, it was useless for an additional draw a little later, so the phlebotomist had to stick my other hand. Then another nurse tried to hook the janky port up to a saline bag, and it was leaking out all over my hand. I've never had trouble like that before, so I chalk it up to a nurse who had a bad day.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My PCP sent me to the ER two weeks ago because she felt my EKG was showing a difference from my baseline (it turned out normal, by the way). The nurse put a port in to draw blood. She missed on the first arm, then missed on the second, so she had to stick the back of my hand. That one barely got the vials full, and she had janked it around so much, it was useless for an additional draw a little later, so the phlebotomist had to stick my other hand. Then another nurse tried to hook the janky port up to a saline bag, and it was leaking out all over my hand. I've never had trouble like that before, so I chalk it up to a nurse who had a bad day.
Eek!

I'm usually okay with needle sticks, but I avoid watching them actually do it.

Reactions: jgatie

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Just got back from the steroid injection in my neck. Worst part was they set you up with an iv port "just in case" and the nurse had to stick me twice, once in the hand and then in my forearm. In her defense, my veins like to hide, but I've had better experiences lol.

And now, I wait to see if it will do any good. They said it can take up to three days, or it can be immediate. We'll see how i feel tomorrow, I guess.
Sending you Healthy Blessings.....

Reactions: Bruinaura

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I ran into IV issues when I was in the hospital in November. It sucked but I was so dehydrated so in a way it was my own fault.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Hope you and Daisy are both on the mend!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Good Luck! It can take up to 3 days (same as the injection into my SI Joint)

Reactions: Bruinaura

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So, my TV video died. I guess it's cheaper to get a new one than to try for repair.

I just ordered a 65 " LG. I had to order a new stand as my other was too small. They didn't have any stands so in two weeks they will deliver and put together my new stand, set up everything and show me whatever I need to know. Until then have a 32 " in my bedroom I can watch. They will also take my old TV away (it was only about 10 years old)

I once had a TV last for 25 years It was a Fisher (great sound). Things just don't last anymore.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I ran into IV issues when I was in the hospital in November. It sucked but I was so dehydrated so in a way it was my own fault.

I was thinking I was dehydrated, but the phlebotomist hit the vein first shot and the vials filled right up.

Reactions: Alicat

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
So, my TV video died. I guess it's cheaper to get a new one than to try for repair.

I just ordered a 65 " LG. I had to order a new stand as my other was too small. They didn't have any stands so in two weeks they will deliver and put together my new stand, set up everything and show me whatever I need to know. Until then have a 32 " in my bedroom I can watch. They will also take my old TV away (it was only about 10 years old)

I once had a TV last for 25 years It was a Fisher (great sound). Things just don't last anymore.
I have revived my samsung 37" tv from the dead twice now. they make these things so easy to repair, but they wont tell you that they want you to go out and buy a new one. if you want a spare tv or know someone who could use another i suggest spending some time googling or youtubing your model # and see what the issue is. i found a place in VT on ebay that recycles all sorts of electronics. they basically take your old tv and take every last part out of it that isnt dead or blown and sell them cheap as a package on ebay. i think the last cpu board inside my tv cost me $20 to replace and it came with all the speakers (suck on new tvs) bunch of replacement cables and mutliple cpu boards. some simple removable screws in the back of the tv and some tweaking around and my tv was alive again. well worth the time to figure it out and keeps it out of the landfill. if you have ever put a hard drive or ram in a pc etc.. you will not have any problem fixing a newer tv they are rather simple. of course if it is truly the lcd screen that is shot then you are screwed. i had to threaten to sue samsung and best buy until they sent it off and replaced that, it is too expensive and they usually do not sell them to customers.

Reactions: sooshii and Ladyfan

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Here come the storms

Straight line winds up to 70 mph :eek3:

Not looking tornado-ey at least, but straight line can still do a lot of damage

*hunkers down*
The winds have been around my place about every other day for a couple of weeks now.

tree-gif.gif

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
OU Women's Gymnastics just punched their ticket to the Nat'l Championship Saturday afternoon :) Utah joins them and the last 2 teams get decided tonight. Championships will be on ABC Saturday afternoon.

Crazy but awesome stat. The NIL is a huge reason for this. 4 out of the 6 Olympians from Tokyo compete(d) today along with a 2016 Rio alternate. They can now take advantage of their success while still competing instead of having to turn pro.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
So begins the journey to look for a new job/part time job. Looking at some of these salaries costsco started to suck ass at the end their pay scale was pretty dope. Drug testing too in 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

The new TVs only burn for a certain amount of hours before the brightness starts to fade. Once that happens, it's only a matter of time before the picture itself goes and you are correct that it's far cheaper to buy a new one than to try and fix your current one. This is the disposable world we live in these days. New phones every year. New car every 3. New TV every 5. Gotta keep that economy moving instead of using what you already have.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Coo job at Pepsi. But not sure if I want to be locked into another warehouse job forever. Some trucking courses at this local community college. If needed can always go back to costco too. keep my salary.

damn some starting pay is $11. I know costco starting was $15

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
When I lived in Pensacola we heard about the dangers of rip currents all the time. Don't recall that I've ever seen a picture of them, this is cool.

I live on the coast and am quite familiar with the beaches around here so I can usually spot a rip current, although they can be deceptive. But it's quite incredible to see them so well-defined as they are in that shot, and so many of them. I think I'd be staying out of that water!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So begins the journey to look for a new job/part time job. Looking at some of these salaries costsco started to suck ass at the end their pay scale was pretty dope. Drug testing too in 2022.
Don't most companies do drug test? I know the one I worked for until last July did.

This is a new chance for you! A fresh sheet of ice. Good Luck

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The new TVs only burn for a certain amount of hours before the brightness starts to fade. Once that happens, it's only a matter of time before the picture itself goes and you are correct that it's far cheaper to buy a new one than to try and fix your current one. This is the disposable world we live in these days. New phones every year. New car every 3. New TV every 5. Gotta keep that economy moving instead of using what you already have.
Not with my generator that oil I changed today.

Devices, yes

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not with my generator that oil I changed today.

Devices, yes
Well sure, there are ways to fight off the breakdown of said machines and to prolong them as much as you can but they still don't last as long as things that were built back in the day. Like a lawn mower now is all plastic and barely any metal because plastic is cheap and degrades faster than metal. I will say, that the concept of upping the ethanol content in gas as a means to lower the price is about the dumbest thing I've heard yet. Not for any reason other than because ethanol is terrible on wearing down engines, especially on smaller engines like weed trimmers, chain saws, mowers, etc.

But that again feeds the beast and keeps us as a nation of consumers and keeps monolithic companies profitable, I guess.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Well sure, there are ways to fight off the breakdown of said machines and to prolong them as much as you can but they still don't last as long as things that were built back in the day. Like a lawn mower now is all plastic and barely any metal because plastic is cheap and degrades faster than metal. I will say, that the concept of upping the ethanol content in gas as a means to lower the price is about the dumbest thing I've heard yet. Not for any reason other than because ethanol is terrible on wearing down engines, especially on smaller engines like weed trimmers, chain saws, mowers, etc.

But that again feeds the beast and keeps us as a nation of consumers and keeps monolithic companies profitable, I guess.
We agree

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I have heard this but I have a couple of big screen RCA’s ,they get quite a bit of use but still going strong 1 is probably 15yrs the other 10 .Knock on wood no issues yet.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Best thing I ever did was to stop using gas in my small motors...buy TruFuel. It's like $20 gallon, but I don't even use 2 gallons a year....And it saves $ since I am not replacing carburator every year. It's a white fuel like Coleman fuel, higher octane and doesn't have any of those additives that gum up your carb and seals.

There is a 2 cycle and 4 cycle version. Chain saw starts first pull everytime.
Highly recommend it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad