OT - NO POLITICS Spring Ahead, Things that are Green & Pretty Flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Food update: the doctor is testing me for celiac disese. I guess my iron levels are borderline anemic and that can be a sign of celiac especially with my other symptoms. If the blood test comes back positive I have to have an endoscopy to confirm.

I'm not on an elimination diet as my doctor said he doesn't believe in them. Instead he uses a food journal to find the trigger foods.

He suspects that I may have a gluten sensitivity and I am definitely lactose intolerant.

Getting the bloodwork on Monday so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is negative for celiac.

If you are gluten sensitive, please message me some of your favorite pasta and bread alternatives.
Welcome to the family!

No gluten, no lactose, and no processed sugar.

I feel worlds better if I don't have them.

Reactions: Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I came home with one of the Easter lilies from church.

Now I have to figure out how to keep it alive :oops:

20220417_182246.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Easter Bunny brought me Covid :/

I have a pcr tomorrow to confirm.

It honestly feels like allergies or the end of a head cold: runny nose, post nasal drip scratchy throat and a slight sinus headache. My joints also ache a little but my mattress sucks and I just saw the chiro on Friday.

Pretty sure I was exposed at Thursday’s game.

• Wow
Reactions: LSCII

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

It honestly feels like allergies or the end of a head cold: runny nose, post nasal drip scratchy throat and a slight sinus headache. My joints also ache a little but my mattress sucks and I just saw the chiro on Friday.

best wishes!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The new TVs only burn for a certain amount of hours before the brightness starts to fade. Once that happens, it's only a matter of time before the picture itself goes and you are correct that it's far cheaper to buy a new one than to try and fix your current one. This is the disposable world we live in these days. New phones every year. New car every 3. New TV every 5. Gotta keep that economy moving instead of using what you already have.

Yep, which is why I run everything until it explodes.

Used my last iPhone until the battery would die unless it was plugged in. Replaced it with the cheapest iPhone available.
Have had the same Black Friday special TV that I bought 5+ years ago, which was marked down again the following summer when I got it
Drove my last car from 9k miles when I bought it, to 165k when the transmission exploded. It would have also needed plugs and suspension work.

I have no desire to own the latest and greatest, because tomorrow there is something greater anyway.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Got Omicron back in Feb, no different than a typical sinus infection for me. Sinus pressure, congestion and a scratchy throat from the drip. Tylenol, Sudafed and a neti pot did the trick

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Got Omicron back in Feb, no different than a typical sinus infection for me. Sinus pressure, congestion and a scratchy throat from the drip. Tylenol, Sudafed and a neti pot did the trick
Pretty much what I’ve got minus the headache at the moment.My nose has finally stopped running and isn’t stuffy so I am hesitant to take anything more than regular Tylenol/Motrin as I don’t want to make it dry and stuffy. My neti pot made me feel so much better this morning.

Glad yours wasn’t too bad!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Pretty much what I’ve got minus the headache at the moment.My nose has finally stopped running and isn’t stuffy so I am hesitant to take anything more than regular Tylenol/Motrin as I don’t want to make it dry and stuffy. My neti pot made me feel so much better this morning.

Glad yours wasn’t too bad!

When it breaks, expect some body aches and a lot of fatigue. If it goes like my version of it, you'll sleep for a day and wake up past it

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Sorry to hear that Ali. Get some rest and feel better soon.

toria13

Sep 18, 2019

Hope you're feeling better soon!

toria13

Sep 18, 2019
Just wanted to thank everyone who sent prayers and good thoughts for my friend's fiance. He just went home and he'll be on bed rest for a few weeks before starting radiation. He's currently doing as well as you could possibly expect someone who had brain surgery a week ago to be doing and it's early but the doctors said things were looking good.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just wanted to thank everyone who sent prayers and good thoughts for my friend's fiance. He just went home and he'll be on bed rest for a few weeks before starting radiation. He's currently doing as well as you could possibly expect someone who had brain surgery a week ago to be doing and it's early but the doctors said things were looking good.
All the best for a speedy recovery

Reactions: toria13

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
When I had covid I had weird vivid delirious dreams nonstop for some reason
I was warned that vivid dreams could happen,

I actually had one while I napped today. Dancing electric blue and green fish. I really hope they aren’t any odder than that lol

• Haha
Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad