OT - NO POLITICS Spring Ahead, Things that are Green & Pretty Flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Well, I sure am looking forward to Springtime and we will be springing ahead next Sunday. Hoping this summer, I can get lots done as I have a ton of painting to do as the Wife and I look to retire very soon and fixing up the house so we can sell. A five-bedroom home near the Lake is too big for us and Piper. So hoping it is not a humid summer as painting in humidity does not work so well.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Yup, would love to have a cabin on quiet lake up north but be able to be near the ocean and golf most of the year.
we have two big decks and I’m tired of shoveling, the old plow truck breaking, etc. really impacts my mood too.

But we are a long way away here. And wife very tied to the community w her baking business now.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Worst part about living in Chicago is that we usually get about a week or two of really nice spring weather in March.....and everybody starts thinking that we've made it through winter. Then inevitably, we get that late snowstorm, usually around the last week of March-first week of April that just crushes your soul, followed by about 2 weeks of rain.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Yup, would love to have a cabin on quiet lake up north but be able to be near the ocean and golf most of the year.
we have two big decks and I’m tired of shoveling, the old plow truck breaking, etc. really impacts my mood too.

But we are a long way away here. And wife very tied to the community w her baking business now.

That's our plan next year. Just closed on land on a 330 acre lake in Maine, outside Ellsworth, with no public boat launch. Nice and quiet. 15 minutes to ocean.

Time to put finishing touches on house here, have a large yard sale and get ready to go.

Meeting with our builder next month, planning on a May 2023 move in.

Both have our own businesses here, so I can't wait to get to a semi normal schedule and not do something work related 7 days a week.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
New England Winter is better in theory than in practice.

Big snowstorms or a white christmas look pretty, sometimes it's nice to have a snow day and just cozy up inside. But then there's the shoveling/snowblowing, clearing the car, your pant legs being soaked in slush, etc.

I don't miss the winter all too much. The fall is what I really miss though. You just can't beat a cool October weekend in New Hampshire.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
New England Winter is better in theory than in practice.

Big snowstorms or a white christmas look pretty, sometimes it's nice to have a snow day and just cozy up inside. But then there's the shoveling/snowblowing, clearing the car, your pant legs being soaked in slush, etc.

I don't miss the winter all too much. The fall is what I really miss though. You just can't beat a cool October weekend in New Hampshire.

Fall in New England is amazing

Reactions: sarge88 and Alicat

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
2788A571-6CA1-48AA-9E55-A6BBD328A9BB.jpeg

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
almost 60 here Saturday.....3-6 inches of snow Monday morning to mid-afternoon. Glad I don't have to go anywhere but my friends have a medical appt tomorrow late morning. I will gladly stay at the Cave - got all my shopping done Saturday.

I love winter because I am retired and don't have to go anywhere - and the snow is pretty......

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Went to our monthly breakfast with my 3 best friends from HS yesterday.

All of us are happily married but another friend is recently divorced and more recently, re-engaged.

Each of us at almost the exact same time said some version of….

I love my wife, but if she left me tomorrow, you’d need to kill me before I’d ever re-marry.

And none of us is worth over a billion dollars.

One of the few times I’ll ever dare second guess someone as successful as Mr.Kraft.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad