OT - NO POLITICS Spring Ahead, Things that are Green & Pretty Flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Daisy is back home after getting loaded up with medicine. Vet said we could do diagnostics but he thought it was just regular stomach issues, and she was there all day for them to observe. They gave me a few cans of food to help with stomach problems and she just gobbled half a can down so it seems like she is getting back to herself. :dd:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Daisy is back home after getting loaded up with medicine. Vet said we could do diagnostics but he thought it was just regular stomach issues, and she was there all day for them to observe. They gave me a few cans of food to help with stomach problems and she just gobbled half a can down so it seems like she is getting back to herself. :dd:

thats positive news.
Capt. Jack went for his annual today. Needs dental work. That’ll be$700 to $1K.

His blood tests showed lyme disease. Although not showing symptoms. I need to try to get a urine sample to the Vet to test his kidney function.

416DB720-3A65-4C1D-90C1-79C30D566B4C.jpeg

But he’s family.

F75FA76D-AEE2-4C2A-803E-013B8826C8D1.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
thats positive news.
Capt. Jack went for his annual today. Needs dental work. That’ll be$700 to $1K.

His blood tests showed lyme disease. Although not showing symptoms. I need to try to get a urine sample to the Vet to test his kidney function.

View attachment 530084

But he’s family.

View attachment 530082
Cost me $247 today but she feels better so it's worth it

Her prescription food costs me $90 a bag :eek3:

At least it lasts me a couple months

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Cost me $247 today but she feels better so it's worth it

Her prescription food costs me $90 a bag :eek3:

At least it lasts me a couple months

actually they had us change food too.For years both dogs here have eaten Taste of the Wild.
But both overweight, older and too much protein. They had me order Royal Canin Lrge Aging. Yep more $ too. $86 for 30 lbs from Chewys. Thatll last me about 2 weeks.
So Ill start the two week changeover this weekend. 10% per day. And see how they react.

We will probably line up his dental stuff next month.
But what you gonna do?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
actually they had us change food too.For years both dogs here have eaten Taste of the Wild.
But both overweight, older and too much protein. They had me order Royal Canin Lrge Aging. Yep more $ too. $86 for 30 lbs from Chewys. Thatll last me about 2 weeks.
So Ill start the two week changeover this weekend. 10% per day. And see how they react.

We will probably line up his dental stuff next month.
But what you gonna do?

Choosing a dog food for my puppy was so stressful.

Breeder gave me a small container of something when I picked him up and it lasted a week or so, ended up buying some puppy chow, but the vet told me I needed something better. I did research and really everyone has different takes. Some recommended Taste of the Wild, others say it made their dogs sick and said to not get it, so I was a little scared off that. Royal Canin is really well reviewed but obviously much more expensive than the rest. Ended up doing Purina Pro Plan because it had pretty constant positive reviews as the best mid-range dog food. The perk of having a smaller dog is that the 18 lb bag has lasted for about 2-3 months so far. He's eating it so I'm happy sticking with it until he reaches a year and can graduate to adult dog food.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Choosing a dog food for my puppy was so stressful.

Breeder gave me a small container of something when I picked him up and it lasted a week or so, ended up buying some puppy chow, but the vet told me I needed something better. I did research and really everyone has different takes. Some recommended Taste of the Wild, others say it made their dogs sick and said to not get it, so I was a little scared off that. Royal Canin is really well reviewed but obviously much more expensive than the rest. Ended up doing Purina Pro Plan because it had pretty constant positive reviews as the best mid-range dog food. The perk of having a smaller dog is that the 18 lb bag has lasted for about 2-3 months so far. He's eating it so I'm happy sticking with it until he reaches a year and can graduate to adult dog food.

Purina Pro Plan is also recommended by my vet. If my dogs were younger 8 & 11 Id go there too.
Dogs are as varied as us. We tried Blue Buffalo years ago. Highrated. But my dogs couldnt adapt to it. Serious gastric issues. We then switched to Taste of The Wild. Been great. Just my dogs are now older, bigger and have different needs. Jack is a boxer/ bullie and Ellie is a Shepherd/ ridgeback. He weighed in at 76 today and she at 65.
Hills Science is also a good brand if you ever need prescription food.

it is stressful. It came down to we have been going to Dr. Linc 20 years for all our dogs.We trust her so figured she never steered us wrong yet.

Reactions: McGarnagle

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ve been feeding nutro to my brothers dog. It’s $55 for #30 which is on the lower end of the expensive tier imo. I only keep buying it because she eats it, doesn’t get sick, and it’s what my brother used to always feed her. I just opted in for a subscription of it actually. Saved me 50 percent on the first month and 5 percent going forward.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Did my federal last week. Had to pay a lot because of my capital gains from selling stock to purchase a house. Still have to file and pay the state ones as well by Friday.
I did the same except for the house part lol. Annoying having to dump like 8 more tesla shares to pay taxes for selling some tesla stock last year just to have to pay for it next year. :laugh:

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I did the same except for the house part lol. Annoying having to dump like 8 more tesla shares to pay taxes for selling some tesla stock last year just to have to pay for it next year. :laugh:
Yep, exact same thing.

Government wants to tax you for selling shares but you have to sell more shares to pay the tax which triggers a taxable sale and more money owed for next year. It's a complete scam, as most of the tax code is.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Yep, exact same thing.

Government wants to tax you for selling shares but you have to sell more shares to pay the tax which triggers a taxable sale and more money owed for next year. It's a complete scam, as most of the tax code is.
I hate pulling a "well actually" and sticking up for "the man", but their expectation is you withhold the amount you owe in taxes from your capital gains. You either sell more than you immediately need in order to withhold then (potentially sitting on that money), or do it how you've handled it, which is not selling until the next year when you need the money to pay your tax bill. That doesn't even get to the part that if you're making enough, the IRS expects you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, unless you want to pay an underpayment penalty.

Anyway, that's enough soapbox talk for me today.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Dad and I play Scrabble pretty much every afternoon. Today's game was very good...

PXL_20220413_205855436.MP.jpg

I was ahead early after Quip, but he pulled into the lead with a bingo, Rooster.

He extended his lead with He/Have/Aloud and I thought I was done.

I got both blanks and got a bingo of my own on my second to last turn, Risings, but was still 20 points down when my dad played Tooting, leaving him just 3 tiles.

Amazingly, I was able to play Meanders on my last go, for back to back bingos to end the game, 396-333.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just got back from the steroid injection in my neck. Worst part was they set you up with an iv port "just in case" and the nurse had to stick me twice, once in the hand and then in my forearm. In her defense, my veins like to hide, but I've had better experiences lol.

And now, I wait to see if it will do any good. They said it can take up to three days, or it can be immediate. We'll see how i feel tomorrow, I guess.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just got back from the steroid injection in my neck. Worst part was they set you up with an iv port "just in case" and the nurse had to stick me twice, once in the hand and then in my forearm. In her defense, my veins like to hide, but I've had better experiences lol.

And now, I wait to see if it will do any good. They said it can take up to three days, or it can be immediate. We'll see how i feel tomorrow, I guess.

I was so dehydrated once they had to get my blood between the knuckles.

Don't do that folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad