Speculation: Sports Book USA has Hawks finishing season with 90.5 points

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
anyone else thinks Lehner will be our starter by December?? meaning he is the guy getting all the big matchups/games..and Crow getting the 20-25 starts back up role..

I'm expecting that Lehner could be the starter as early as game 1. There's a good chance they go with whoever performs best in camp/preseason.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Being an Illinois fan. For years I've watched Illinois fans talk about how much better the team will be because of XYZ while the rest of the national media says the opposite. Then everyone acts so surprised when Illinois isn't good again. Sometimes looking outside of our little Hawks bubble is useful.

Not a good comparable, IMO.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm expecting that Lehner could be the starter as early as game 1. There's a good chance they go with whoever performs best in camp/preseason.
I can possibly see that, but for all the years Crow was here, out of respect I think he gets the ball handed to him out the gate to see what he can still do..if he struggles a bit then Lehner steps right in. Crow played well last year, I do not see a reason why he isn't the starter day 1 unless he absolutely looks like shit in preseason..

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I can possibly see that, but for all the years Crow was here, out of respect I think he gets the ball handed to him out the gate to see what he can still do..if he struggles a bit then Lehner steps right in. Crow played well last year, I do not see a reason why he isn't the starter day 1 unless he absolutely looks like **** in preseason..

The organization could have already talked to Crow and said that they brought Lehner in specifically to be the starter, with him serving backup duties, and then as long as Lehner plays well enough, he's a lock to start. Hell, we don't know, Crow could have even told the Hawks that they needed a #1, since his health is so iffy. :dunno: Just throwing shit out there. I don't necessarily believe any of it, just saying it's all possible, and we won't know until the season starts.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The organization could have already talked to Crow and said that they brought Lehner in specifically to be the starter, with him serving backup duties, and then as long as Lehner plays well enough, he's a lock to start. Hell, we don't know, Crow could have even told the Hawks that they needed a #1, since his health is so iffy. :dunno: Just throwing **** out there. I don't necessarily believe any of it, just saying it's all possible, and we won't know until the season starts.
agree nobody knows for sure, just would be odd if Crow at least isn't given the chance to be the starter right away if he doesn't shit the bed in camp and looks healthy. when Crow came back, this team looked good with him there up until that final 2-3 week stretch when everyone ran out of gas.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
As for Crow/Lehner, I think Crow is given the 1A starts to start the year (if healthy) out of respect. Then based on health and performance it gets adjusted as needed. If both were actually healthy all year, I don't think either guy starts more than 50 games, so the #1 distinction isn't a big one until the playoffs. The situation will figure itself out.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s still Crawford’s to lose. Lehner was brought in both as an insurance policy for an unhealthy Crow and because the Hawks simply cannot have another Ward/Delia situation

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It’s still Crawford’s to lose. Lehner was brought in both as an insurance policy for an unhealthy Crow and because the Hawks simply cannot have another Ward/Delia situation

This is entirely speculation. In all honesty, you have no idea why he was brought in. Neither do I.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He wasn't just a guy when we were winning the Cup with him (His Hawk years). He was a key part.

Yeah, that was a pretty stupid comment. We really missed Shaw when he left and we had no one to fill his void. He’s a guy who bring a lot more than just what you’d see in a stat sheet.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The depth of this team has improved quite a bit. No Cam Ward for 30+ games. They have guys in the bottom 6 that can play specialty roles unlike last year where the bottom 6 was mostly just guys that did nothing well. Bowman and Colliton went into the offseason with a plan and executed. And considering how much they improved to end the season and a full camp with Colliton this summer and they should avoid a 3-17 type disaster run that cost them the season last year.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He wasn't just a guy when we were winning the Cup with him (His Hawk years). He was a key part.

Handzus was just a guy, Ben Eager, and Adam Burish were just a guy.

He was a .31 and .33 PPG guy in our Cup winning years. In 14-15 he was getting 60% of his starts in the offensive zone, in 13-14 it was 69%! so its not like he was some defensive dynamo. He was an ancillary piece, if we're being honest he was what like the 10th at best most important player on the team during the Cup runs?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's semantics either way, but Shaw had the 5th most goals scored (5 each time) in both Cup runs. Is that "key"? Maybe not? But I don't think it's just a "guy" either.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He was a .31 and .33 PPG guy in our Cup winning years. In 14-15 he was getting 60% of his starts in the offensive zone, in 13-14 it was 69%! so its not like he was some defensive dynamo. He was an ancillary piece, if we're being honest he was what like the 10th at best most important player on the team during the Cup runs?

It’s not like anyone is expecting him to come carry a line. He’s a good 3rd wheel to the first and second lines, or a very good 3rd liner.

This team was dying for depth last year. He goes a long way to helping fix that problem given we didn’t give up an active player on the roster for him and he effectively pushes Kunitz out.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He’s not, @Illinihockey ’s negativity the last year or so is on par with BWC’s.

The Hawks haven't won a playoff series in 4 years despite having 3 no doubt hall of famers on the roster, why would anyone be negative? I didn't say the Hawks would suck next year, I just said people acting like an over under of 90.5 is insulting need to step out of their bubble.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Being an Illinois fan. For years I've watched Illinois fans talk about how much better the team will be because of XYZ while the rest of the national media says the opposite. Then everyone acts so surprised when Illinois isn't good again. Sometimes looking outside of our little Hawks bubble is useful.

Illinois and the Hawks have zero in common. Illinois hasn't been relevant at any sport for years...Hawks have multiple championships and the same front office/ownership group during that time span...

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
call me biased, but I think that this new roster with the additions and subtractions that have been made will eclipse the 90.5 point mark.

Rather easily too, in my opinion. The only thing is that the Central division has only gotten better as well. Colorado is loaded with talent up front, on the back end, and in goal for instance.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Illinois and the Hawks have zero in common. Illinois hasn't been relevant at any sport for years...Hawks have multiple championships and the same front office/ownership group during that time span...

The Hawks haven't made the playoffs the last 2 years and haven't won a playoff series in 4 years. If the Hawks are a 100 point team it'll be the story of the NHL next year. No one outside of this forum think that is even a possibility next year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The Hawks haven't made the playoffs the last 2 years and haven't won a playoff series in 4 years. If the Hawks are a 100 point team it'll be the story of the NHL next year. No one outside of this forum think that is even a possibility next year.

Then I guess they'll be the story of the NHL...Evolving Hockey's lineup creator model have the Hawks at +100 pts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad