Speculation: Sports Book USA has Hawks finishing season with 90.5 points

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Not much else to discuss at the mo. I am going to be bold and say we come close to 100 mainly because we have improved the goal tending & D 10 fold.

It all depends on how many points they get out of the Central.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Not much else to discuss at the mo. I am going to be bold and say we come close to 100 mainly because we have improved the goal tending & D 10 fold.

I think the Hawks go over that but I do think Hawks fans are overrating how much the defense will be improved. We should be a lot better at goaltender though.

Reactions: ChiHawk21

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I think the Hawks go over that but I do think Hawks fans are overrating how much the defense will be improved. We should be a lot better at goaltender though.
I think the forward group as a whole will play much better defense. I think that is being overlooked. The PK should be much better as well.

So while the group of defensemen is by no means incredible (and still includes Seabrook) I still think the defense will be much improved. And yes, the goaltending should be much better.

I’m guessing somewhere between 98-104 points.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
In:
Shaw
de Hann
Maatta
Carpenter
Zack Smith
Lehner

Out:
Kunitz
Kruger
Kookoo
Cam. Freaking. Ward.
Anisimov
Hayden
Manning

The defense is going to be much improved.

you forgot Kubalik and yes the guys coming in are much better than the guys going out...I think we will reach 100 its

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Seems everyone else has the Hawks finishing worse than Hawk fans do.
pretty fair tho. would guess it will even out with the hawks gaining a little ground. between the roster getting better and everyone having career years last year with no injuries (crawford but didnt do much to the win totals as ward had a great record). the division is still tough and they projected a 6-7 point increase.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
you forgot Kubalik and yes the guys coming in are much better than the guys going out...I think we will reach 100 its

I left him out only because I’m not 100% if he’s going to be a positive for the team from a defensive perspective.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
This is about dead on where I have them, was thinking 89 points. The thing with the Hawks is there is so much volatility with all of the new players and injury concerns. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them finish anywhere from 75-105 points depending on how many things work out for them.

This is a free money bet for anyone that has a lot of confidence they will make the playoffs. For me, if they had this team going into last year, I’d be all over it. This season, the other teams in the West have improved way too much to take the risk IMO.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Not to mention an entire off season for everyone to practice under the new systems. You don’t think that will make a big difference too?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
This is about dead on where I have them, was thinking 89 points. The thing with the Hawks is there is so much volatility with all of the new players and injury concerns. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them finish anywhere from 75-105 points depending on how many things work out for them.

This is a free money bet for anyone that has a lot of confidence they will make the playoffs. For me, if they had this team going into last year, I’d be all over it. This season, the other teams in the West have improved way too much to take the risk IMO.

Last year they had 84 points while rostering the crap I posted above AND switching coaches in the middle of the season. You don’t think that’s a 5 point improvement?

Lehner over Ward is a 5 point improvement on his own if you ask me.

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

I would be pretty damn shocked if they finished with less than 80 points.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
In:
Shaw
de Hann
Maatta
Carpenter
Zack Smith
Lehner

Out:
Kunitz
Kruger
Kookoo
Cam. Freaking. Ward.
Anisimov
Hayden
Manning

The defense is going to be much improved.

Those ins outside of de Hann (who probably won't be ready to start the season) and Lehner aren't anything to write come about. Like I said, Lehner is the big prize and should help reduce the amount of goals given up. But Maata, Smith, Carpenter....whatever.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Those ins outside of de Hann (who probably won't be ready to start the season) and Lehner aren't anything to write come about. Like I said, Lehner is the big prize and should help reduce the amount of goals given up. But Maata, Smith, Carpenter....whatever.

Shaw is nothing?

Replacing Kunitz and Kruger who had to be some of the worst 4th liners in the league with one of the better 4th liners in the league is nothing?

Smith is probably a better defensive guy than AA at this point.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Not to mention an entire off season for everyone to practice under the new systems. You don’t think that will make a big difference too?

This isn't football. Hockey systems just aren't that complicated

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Shaw is nothing?

Replacing Kunitz and Kruger who had to be some of the worst 4th liners in the league with one of the better 4th liners in the league is nothing?

Ya Shaw is just a guy. He's probably going to end up missing 20 games this season too

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00