Speculation: Sports Book USA has Hawks finishing season with 90.5 points

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The Avs made it in at 90 points for the last spot last year. This is basically a bet on them making it.

Right. Why is that so crazy to some? This team has improved far beyond the personnel they had last year, and they only missed, then, by 6 points. This is an easy bet to play the over here. This team should finish somewhere between 95-105 points, IMO. I think there's about a 1% chance they finish sub 90 points.

90 points is like 41-33-8. 40-32-10. That's not anything crazy.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Right. Why is that so crazy to some? This team has improved far beyond the personnel they had last year, and they only missed, then, by 6 points. This is an easy bet to play the over here. This team should finish somewhere between 95-105 points, IMO. I think there's about a 1% chance they finish sub 90 points.

Well, I wouldn’t bet on the under either. I think it’s definitely possible they make it. If it’s 99%, that’s big bet territory, $500 or more. Pessimism would be betting the under.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
This is not really true. In the Hawks case, changing systems is reversing instincts that have been in place for close to a decade. Again, the half second delay in decision making is the difference between a goal against and the man being covered.
there was like 4 guys who have been here for a decade and they all had career years besides seabrook the systems argument is so overblown. the roster sucked to start the year and continuously got better. these guys play different systems all of the time, their whole lives and sometimes mid season.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
anyone else thinks Lehner will be our starter by December?? meaning he is the guy getting all the big matchups/games..and Crow getting the 20-25 starts back up role..

Yeah that’s kind of what I’m expecting, if not even sooner than that. I could see it being a 70/30 split.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I wish I knew why so many people seemed to struggle to read on here. I haven't seen a single person claiming they're favorites for the Cup or something.

I'm confident they're improved to the point they're a playoff team. Apparently that's too much for some pessimists to handle.

vegas has them at 90.5 that could be in and could be out. are they pessimists?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

i mean u laugh at people all day on here and then say stuff like this. cmon

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
there was like 4 guys who have been here for a decade and they all had career years besides seabrook the systems argument is so overblown. the roster sucked to start the year and continuously got better. these guys play different systems all of the time, their whole lives and sometimes mid season.

It's not at all and you are missing the point. It was blatantly obvious that the systems change was a struggle for a lot of the guys on the team.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
It's not at all and you are missing the point. It was blatantly obvious that the systems change was a struggle for a lot of the guys on the team.
i dont doubt that but its also because a lot of the guys on the roster at that point were not any good.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

I thought it was obvious that a lot of players just aren't that good. Brandon Davidson, Brandon Manning, Seabrook, Forsling, Dahlstrom, these guys just can't play.

Reactions: ChiHawk21

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Vegas does think the Hawks will be better. Its not like they set the point total at 80.5

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Again you are missing the point but something tells me that you are doing it on purpose...
maybe your wording it wrong because your saying guys have been on the team for a decade but then talking about other players. who was struggling with the change in your opinion?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
And honestly when we're talking about the guys that played under Q for a decade thats Toews and Kane (who had great years) and Seabrook and Keith. Seabrook wasn't bad because of a new system.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i mean u laugh at people all day on here and then say stuff like this. cmon
And? I'm confident that they're a playoff team. That's all that sentence says. This team finished with 84 points last year... Vegas thinks with all the improvements, they're only 3 wins better. C'mon. Vegas is in the business of making money. They set things like this based upon what they feel is the safest way to make money whether people bet the over or the under... They're doing their best to make it a no-lose situation for themselves. Nothing more.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I thought it was obvious that a lot of players just aren't that good. Brandon Davidson, Brandon Manning, Seabrook, Forsling, Dahlstrom, these guys just can't play.

Manning is just bad but he was traded early so he is a bad example for you. Davidson played 3 games...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Being an Illinois fan. For years I've watched Illinois fans talk about how much better the team will be because of XYZ while the rest of the national media says the opposite. Then everyone acts so surprised when Illinois isn't good again. Sometimes looking outside of our little Hawks bubble is useful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad