Spittin' Chiclets Podcast - Part II

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I found Whitney obnoxious and i hate his voice as well. He seems like a f***ing douche.

I like Biz and their guests though.

But i rarely listen to them due to Whitney. Ironically i liked Whitney as a player...

Having your schtick be "playing the (m)asshole" is very hit or miss.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Really enjoying Missin Curfew podcast with Upshall, Hayes, and Connolly. Reminds of the old days of Chicklets before all the tension appeared. John Scotts podcast is pretty good even though John is horrible at analyzing the game lol.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Of course, the "brilliant mind" was sarcastic, but it was more humor than an insult. If you took it as such, I apologize, but again... wow!

I might sound full of myself, yes. It happens when I'm having fun. I found this interaction quite amusing! AND THIS IS NOT AN INSULT, don't worry! It is a discussion board, after all.

And I explained lengthy why I'm still listening to the podcast, so I don't know why I should keep scrolling... you really misread the situation here, friend.

And for someone who is "exhausted with all of the social justice" you sure bring wood to the fire. You are full of contradictions. Again... very entertaining! I suggest you move on, you bite quite too easily.

Now, back on topic:

They like to have enforcers on their podast and sometimes, I feel like they all sound the same. But Todd Fedoruk was quite interesting. I especially enjoyed is vulnerability when he was talking about his wife in his consummation problems days. We don't always have access to that.
I think your analysis of the podcast is pretty fair. I listened to a few episodes and the casual sexism etc soon gets boring. I agree it’s not needed and adds nothing. It does however seriously remind me of my experience working with pro teams in the past so it hits the vibe I think it aims for whilst unintentionally highlighting the ‘social justice’ issues in the game and its culture issues. Moving on...

When they stop the locker room stuff it’s not too bad. I quite like there analysis of games and on what is going on in the league. I don’t always agree but I do find their takes interesting. They are not great at conducting the interviews and I agree they lead their guests into answers at times but they do have some great people on. That’s the only reason I listen to it now, I cherry pick certain interviews. If a guest appears that I like, I listen to the interview but ignore the rest of it. Kevin Stevens and Mike Richards were pretty good. Stevens was amazingly open and whilst it would have been interesting to get similar detail from Richards, I never expected it as it’s probably still too raw. Domi was good too. There’s a few more guests I’ll listen to but I no longer bother with the rest as it quickly becomes tedious.

Reactions: Thierry

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I feel like Whit and crew are holding back biz. Whitney seems like he’s only partially committed to the show; he’s not out there producing content or doing much beyond the actual shows. RA is some slob that thinks too highly of himself.

I know Biz was added after the pod started, but he’s the true star. If the show failed or Biz left the show, you wouldn’t hear about the other three in six months. The only thing positive about whit is the fact that he can find people to interview, which is obviously important. But the only time he truly seems all in is during golf talk, which is when I fast forward.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I feel like Whit and crew are holding back biz. Whitney seems like he’s only partially committed to the show; he’s not out there producing content or doing much beyond the actual shows. RA is some slob that thinks too highly of himself.

I know Biz was added after the pod started, but he’s the true star. If the show failed or Biz left the show, you wouldn’t hear about the other three in six months. The only thing positive about whit is the fact that he can find people to interview, which is obviously important. But the only time he truly seems all in is during golf talk, which is when I fast forward.

I don't get the impression at all that RA thinks too highly of himself. On the contrary, he seems to have a self depricating demeanour to me. He's not polished, but I think that adds to the show's charm.

My gripe is that the guys sometimes cut into an interview with poorly timed questions, where they literally interrupt a guy. I think biz is especially guilty of this, but I imagine thats tough to oversee when you have three mouthpieces in a virtual setting.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't get the impression at all that RA thinks too highly of himself. On the contrary, he seems to have a self depricating demeanour to me. He's not polished, but I think that adds to the show's charm.

My gripe is that the guys sometimes cut into an interview with poorly timed questions, where they literally interrupt a guy. I think biz is especially guilty of this, but I imagine thats tough to oversee when you have three mouthpieces in a virtual setting.
RA considers himself a legitimate journalist; he’s a blogger at best.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Take a look at their career earnings...

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Really enjoying Missin Curfew podcast with Upshall, Hayes, and Connolly. Reminds of the old days of Chicklets before all the tension appeared. John Scotts podcast is pretty good even though John is horrible at analyzing the game lol.

What tension? You noticed too how much Biz and Whit are at each other's throats and practically hate one another?

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Yep. The worst example of this is one of the times they had the Yandle brothers on and KY was on a roll with some story about how his dad cursed out a top college coach who called to recruit Keith and out of nowhere RA barely buckles out "so what part of your game did you work on most to improve" or something, completely ruining the vibe of the conversation and only recovered because KY is one of the most charismatic guys on planet earth
and they all look at RA like he's an alien.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
What tension? You noticed too how much Biz and Whit are at each other's throats and practically hate one another?

What tension? What did I miss! How come they dislike each other now? Last few episodes, it seemed to me like they were having fun together!

Yep. The worst example of this is one of the times they had the Yandle brothers on and KY was on a roll with some story about how his dad cursed out a top college coach who called to recruit Keith and out of nowhere RA barely buckles out "so what part of your game did you work on most to improve" or something, completely ruining the vibe of the conversation and only recovered because KY is one of the most charismatic guys on planet earth
and they all look at RA like he's an alien.

I remember that one. RA seems to be guily of that a lot. It happend in a recent interview too. I think it was with Tuch maybe (who was awsome, by the way)? He was telling a good story and RA just go in a completely different direction.

Again... pretty bad interviewers... but when Whit and Biz are on a good vibe with the guest, it can get very funny.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Oh, another thing! I remember a lot of interviews with players that had addiction problems. From the top of my head, I remember Theo Fleury, Brantt Myhres and Derek Sanderson. They were asking a lot of questions about their party days and I found that a bit akward, considering what they went through! I'm not saying it's bad, I was just suprised. Those guys are usually candid about those days and shed lights to their struggles, always humbling.

I remember when they said Fleury should have a drinking contest with another guy and Theo took a little bit of time to answer and said something like "Yeah... nah... I'm sober now." That one was weird haha !

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
A lot of people think he’s the best one on the show. You ever think maybe he just isn’t your cup of tea?
I’m sure a lot of people like him the most. That’s fine.

But what’s going to happen in a few years when people stop caring about the people he brings in like Ryan Malone or some obscure idiot from Boston? Do you think anyone will care about Yandle once he retires? He will have no value at that point.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax

But what’s going to happen in a few years when people stop caring about the people he brings in like Ryan Malone or some obscure idiot from Boston? Do you think anyone will care about Yandle once he retires? He will have no value at that point.
Well again, a lot of people like him/his character on the show. So I guess if it gets to that point people who don’t like him would just stop listening...

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Hey how about if you don't like it, instead of constantly crying just let the people who enjoy it, keep enjoying it.

RA is the man. He literally recorded interviews in a janitors closest. He is living his dream and knows it. I could sit and chat with him for hours over beers and joints.

The other two when they get going, if that's not entertainment I'm scared to hear what people find entertaining.

I guess if you wanna listen to the same old "team is really coming together, we gotta get shots on net, gotta get pucks deep" interview we heard forever then power to you.

But it ain't this guy.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I haven't listened since the season ended, what am I missing with the bolded, tension?

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

So far obscure idiots from Boston have been some of the best interviews so if he finds more of those I’m more than okay with that. Yandle is a personality and I’m sure will still be an entertaining guest whether or not he’s in the NHL.
Whitney also hinted at himself doing another podcast(likely about his golf rounds) so it seems Barstool considers his personality has value.

Reactions: GREMLIN

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So far obscure idiots from Boston have been some of the best interviews so if he finds more of those I’m more than okay with that. Yandle is a personality and I’m sure will still be an entertaining guest whether or not he’s in the NHL.
Whitney also hinted at himself doing another podcast(likely about his golf rounds) so it seems Barstool considers his personality has value.
I’m sorry but if you listen to a Whit podcast about his golfing rounds, then you need to get a hobby of some sort. I love to play golf, but the last thing I want to hear is a shot-by-shot recap of another person playing golf.

To each their own. At least he would be somewhat passionate about golfing. Maybe he would do more than the bare minimum.

Reactions: TB12

P10p

May 15, 2012

What happens when he continues to get interesting guests?

See we can both my up scenarios...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad