Movies: Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5th, 2019)

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm wondering this also...

Fury saying "You have a job to do kid" has me thinking something as well.

My way out there guess for how End Game ends, is with Spider-Man being g the only major superhero that's still alive on Earth that we know of. Thor, Iron Man, Cap, and Hulk are all killed.

We also finish End Game being led to believe that Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Ant-Man are "dead" as well. With Doctor Strange being stuck in some alternate reality, which leads to the next Dr. Strange movie being about him in this alternate reality and getting himself back to his correct reality. Wakanda is assumed to have been destroyed in the fight against Thanos along with BP, and the next BP reintroduces Wakanda and that it wasn't destroyed at all but was hidden from the world again. While Ant-Man and The Wasp are thought to be lost in the Quantum Realm. So each movie for these 3 after End Game goes about reintroducing them back into the MCU again after they are assumed dead/lost, and then bringing them in as the new Avengers with Spidey as the lead of the group taking over Iron Mans role.

It leaves Spidey as the only avenger left to defend the world hence Happy saying he's all alone and Fury telling him he has a job to do now.

Based on this trailer your theories do seem to make sense, so I wouldn't be surprised. It'll be fun o see how it plays out.

That would be some serious Shakespearian shit Marvel pulls by going all out MacBeth in End Game :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He always has been one of Spider-Man's biggest foes so I figure he will be. Then again they seem to have changed him in that the comics he is an FX guy who uses that to create illusions but in that trailer it seems almost like he uses actually magic like Dr.Strange.

I doubt he can use actual magic. Seems like he is tapping into the Syndrome plot from Incredibles.

Reactions: irunthepeg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Making MJ a social justice warrior is possibly the worst thing to happen to the Marvel Cinematic Universe outside the Fantastic 4 movies.

Also, is it just me, or is Jake Gyllenhaal totally portrayed as a hero in the trailer? Looks like he's fighting the villain?

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Also, is it just me, or is Jake Gyllenhaal totally portrayed as a hero in the trailer? Looks like he's fighting the villain?

I'm not that familiar with the broader Spiderman lore and what exactly Mysterio is supposed to be able to do, but idle speculation here would be if he's supposed to be the bad guy that could just all be a ruse.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Making MJ a social justice warrior is possibly the worst thing to happen to the Marvel Cinematic Universe outside the Fantastic 4 movies.

That was my initial thoughts as well. But Mysterio uses illusions a lot in the comics...

My guess is he's the one actual villain in the movie and the 4 elemental monsters we see in the trailer are actually his illusions he created and is fighting to try and make it look like he's a good guy so he can hide whatever it is he's doing.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
220px-Secret_Wars_8.jpg

That black stealth suit in the trailer had me thinking of Spider Man Noir from Into The Spider-Verse. I’d laugh if Nic Cage has a short voice over.
A black Spiderman costume has existed since Secret Wars. He should wear it all the time.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I hope he isn't actually flying around and that is just some kind of illusion.

he already had the "wings" in Homecoming when he jumped the helicopter. its more like gliding than flying

Sep 19, 2008
Very impressed to see them in Venice and the Rialto bridge. Was there about two weeks ago. Beautiful city. Also, yeah, MJ puts off a kind of weird vibe.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I have a hard time getting too upset about any changes that are made to "MJ".

Mary Jane's "character" is basically just "hot redhead with confidence".

"Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot". :rolleyes:

The character of Mary Jane has always sucked so its not like they are spoiling anything by making her uninteresting in a different way.

MJ in the Spider-Man PS4 videogame was the closest she has ever come to a real person.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That was my initial thoughts as well. But Mysterio uses illusions a lot in the comics...

My guess is he's the one actual villain in the movie and the 4 elemental monsters we see in the trailer are actually his illusions he created and is fighting to try and make it look like he's a good guy so he can hide whatever it is he's doing.

Certainly doesn't look like illusions here. At face value it all looks Asgardian, but the MCU also gives the option for magic or a variety of advanced technologies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad