Movies: Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5th, 2019)

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Can't see Sony backing out. Especially when there's probably a clause that would allow the two worlds to crossover in a future movie. Something like Tom Holland making an appearance in a Venom movie

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
What is it at currently? I’d go see it again just to prevent another Sony Spider-Man movie :laugh:

They killed it with Into the Spider-Verse. And let's be fair, the first amazing spiderman wasn't overly bad, the second one was f***ing terrible, but that's what happens when you bring Alex Kurtzman on to your staff.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
They killed it with Into the Spider-Verse. And let's be fair, the first amazing spiderman wasn't overly bad, the second one was ****ing terrible, but that's what happens when you bring Alex Kurtzman on to your staff.

It seems any film they get too hands on really fails, SM3, the Amazing Spider-Man films.

Into the Spider Verse was great but I think they were pretty clearly hands off on that one

Reactions: Hypernova

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm 50 minutes in, and just like with Home Coming, Ned is really making it difficult to enjoy the film

Poorly cast, poorly written. He's not funny, he's not entertaining. He's easily the worst character in the MCU

And whose idea was it to put him in a cringy as f*** relationship with a girl he couldn't possibly have a shot with?

I'm sure most of you went to high school. Did any of you ever see someone that looks like this:
1243392-300

Go out with someone that looks like this:
angourie-rice.jpg

It's just absolutely f***in' ridiculous!

Last edited:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The Sam Raimi ones were fine.

Its the Andrew Garfield/Marc Webster ones that were so damn awful.

The first two Raimi movies were good, the third one not so much.

Sony seems to be hanging their hat on a mediocre-at-best movie in Venom for their own universe. I really don't see them succeeding with Spiderman given how popular he was in the MCU.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I'm 50 minutes in, and just like with Home Coming, Ned is really making it difficult to enjoy the film

Poorly cast, poorly written. He's not funny, he's not entertaining. He's easily the worst character in the MCU

And whose idea was it to put him in a cringy as **** relationship with a girl he couldn't possibly have a shot with?

I'm sure most of you went to high school. Did any of you ever see someone that looks like this:
1243392-300

angourie-rice.jpg

It's just absolutely ****in' ridiculous!

But shes a nerd! :laugh:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

And whose idea was it to put him in a cringy as **** relationship with a girl he couldn't possibly have a shot with?

1243392-300

angourie-rice.jpg

It's just absolutely ****in' ridiculous!

Yes, let’s seriously question the realism of that relationship in a movie where a dude has the abilities that Spider-Man does, while simultaneously someone can create realistic illusions, that include creating physical effects using drones, in a world that’s otherwise no more technologically advanced than our own.

It’s called fantasy.

Not to mention that, to start out with, Betty was clearly more about the power she enjoyed over Ned than anything that was truly for Ned’s sake.

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I mean:

Henry+Zebrowski+2016+Adult+Swim+Upfront+Party+QFIbkDOf1jul.jpg

Plot twist: Being funny can go a long way with the opposite sex

And I didn't even see this movie.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Yes, let’s seriously question the realism of that relationship in a movie where a dude has the abilities that Spider-Man does, while simultaneously someone can create realistic illusions, that include creating physical effects using drones, in a world that’s otherwise no more technologically advanced than our own.

It’s called fantasy.

Not to mention that, to start out with, Betty was clearly more about the power she enjoyed over Ned than anything that was truly for Ned’s sake.

It's a fantasy set in a real world setting

In no real world that I know of would she go out with him

The abilities and the technology stuff are why we watch these films, but there's a limit to which I'm willing to suspend my disbelief

Clearly, you have lower standards for such things. Have at it!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's a fantasy set in a real world setting

In no real world that I know of would she go out with him

The abilities and the technology stuff are why we watch these films, but there's a limit to which I'm willing to suspend my disbelief

Clearly, you have lower standards for such things. Have at it!

Please. Nearly every character in the Marvel Universe fits some standard of attractiveness. I mean, not only is Jane Foster an astrophysicist, but she’s also gorgeous. And then on top of that, her research assistant is also gorgeous. How does that square with your standards of personal realism? Cmon now.

The ENTIRETY of it all is a fantasy. My standards aren’t “lower”... they’re just not caught up in thinking about whether any of it is believable.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Spiderman was popular and will always be popular without the MCU. Whether or not it will be the most economically successful is a different question.

Sony's track record with Spiderman after 2004 hasn't been very good. There will be immense pressure on them, and they will be at a disadvantage not being able to reference anything that happened with Tom Holland's that Marvel owns.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Please. Nearly every character in the Marvel Universe fits some standard of attractiveness. I mean, not only is Jane Foster an astrophysicist, but she’s also gorgeous. And then on top of that, her research assistant is also gorgeous. How does that square with your standards of personal realism? Cmon now.

The ENTIRETY of it all is a fantasy. My standards aren’t “lower”... they’re just not caught up in thinking about whether any of it is believable.

I've complained in the past about the attractiveness of casts taking away from the realism of a show/movie, so you'll get no argument from me there

It's a fantasy based in a real-world setting though. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief when it comes to the superhuman abilities, and the futuristic technology because one needs to in order to enjoy these films

But I have to draw the line somewhere

Oh, and fun fact about Natalie Portman, she's a genius with an IQ of 140. She can speak 6 languages fluently (English, Hebrew, Spanish, French, German and Japanese). And she's a Harvard graduate

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad