Spengler Cup

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
yeah, like gord miller and ray ferraro...non stop blah blah blah...not a fan
Miller is a great play by play guy but Ferraro is the one bringing him to do all the blah blah. Really awful tournament by Magnitogorsk, I really don't get the thing about accepting the offer and then not playing your best...

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Miller is a great play by play guy but Ferraro is the one bringing him to do all the blah blah. Really awful tournament by Magnitogorsk, I really don't get the thing about accepting the offer and then not playing your best...
Or the KHL is overrated? ;)!

Canuckroyal

Dec 28, 2018
Magnitogorsk is playing juniors on the ice. Get a Swedish team on the ice or even try and invite an AHL team.

I'm going to try and get tickets to this event in the future as it looks like a blast. Anyone know what a tournament pass goes for?

Feb 24, 2017
I have no idea how people salivate over some Canada slanted and focused tourney like the world junior championship and seem to think the Spengler Cup is some ugly stepsister. I haven’t gone to a game anytime world junior championship is in Vancouver, but I’m already planning a trip to Davos for Spengler Cup 2019. Do people even have eyes? Like wtf.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Most people these days can't think for themselves that's why. I used to love the World Juniors but these days it's a big cash grab and when they took out the great format of 1st straight in semis and 2vs.3 in 1/4 it made the round robin useless. The Spengler Cup is nice atmosphere, big ice and fun hockey albeit at times lacking in high end skill. The Spengler is like the great little tournament you played as a kid during the holidays...

Reactions: Fixxer and uncleben

Canuckroyal

Dec 28, 2018
Most people these days can't think for themselves that's why. I used to love the World Juniors but these days it's a big cash grab and when they took out the great format of 1st straight in semis and 2vs.3 in 1/4 it made the round robin useless. The Spengler Cup is nice atmosphere, big ice and fun hockey albeit at times lacking in high end skill. The Spengler is like the great little tournament you played as a kid during the holidays...

I don't know about lacking skill. I watched Davos vs Trinec yesterday. Very fast and skilled hockey game.

For the hockey, Spengler Cup is bettee than WJHC, the players are older and better and the teams are more evenly matched.

I'm planning to go to the Spengler Cup as it looks like a blast! The Vaillant Arena is beautiful.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
As much as I cheer for Canada, not sure if it's good for the tournament if they win it every year. If Canada wins again this year maybe in the future they should stick to picking players currently playing in Europe, rather than bringing in people from North America. That said, they looked more vulnerable as the game went on today.

Reactions: Fixxer

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
As much as I cheer for Canada, not sure if it's good for the tournament if they win it every year. If Canada wins again this year maybe in the future they should stick to picking players currently playing in Europe, rather than bringing in people from North America. That said, they looked more vulnerable as the game went on today.
It's not that bad though... List of Winners | Spengler Cup

Feb 24, 2017
6 man breakout on the PP :laugh: This better not cost Canada!
F4112928-47FB-4446-AFCB-3BFB18FA5F53.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad