Spengler Cup

babylonzoo

Mar 8, 2010
This kind of hockey always takes me down the rabbit hole. YouTube has taught me tonight that Leon Draisitle has a father who represented Germany in 3 Olympics hockey tourneys. And when Jason Woolley scored in the shootout vs Germany in the 1992 Olympic qf, the announcer credited him with “a ballsy move” going top shelf haha

Do you remember draisaitl's shot vs Sean Burke that stopped on the line? Great times

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Great game by Kevin Poulin, currently playing for Medvescak Zagreb in Austrian EBEL league. I can see him signing for a better, richer club in DEL or NLA very soon

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Not really. The top-line was missing (Hollenstein, Praplan and Haas) and with Ambühl (playing for Davos there) and Moser (injured) other good wingers were not there. The team will look different, especially on Offence. Genoni will be our goaltender and the D will look quite similar.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Is this the swiss team that will be in the olympics?
Similar, but not quite. Untersander I think will play in defense, plus Haas, Praplan, Hollenstein as forward. Probably Pius Suter and for sure if healthy Simon Moser. Rüfenacht maybe.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Watching Davos Canada Switzerland play on the big ice with a superb crowd in a full arena is a lot more fun than watching the pathetic World Juniors this year.
I always enjoy the Spengler more then the over hyped Juniors, been watching it for a long time

Reactions: Fixxer

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Quality game today - the thought was Switzerland had the speed differential but if they did it was not overly noticeable.

Poulin has taken his opportunity and run with it. Good for him.

Reactions: Hagstrom

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Pretty good first period between Magnitogorsk and Trinec. tied 0-0
This was a decent game. Metalurg were the better team down the stretch.

Hrubec was positively outstanding in the Trinec net and did look dog tired at the end. The Czechs switched goalies for the shootout which the cameraman picked up on but TSN's guys were oblivious to. They kept calling the goalie Hrubec when it was Petr Kvaca that came into the game. A word to the wise for coaches that want to get cute with this. Kvaca came in and was hurt very badly stopping the 3rd attempt. He looks to have torn a groin or hip.....coming in completely cold to stop 1 on 1's is probably not a good idea.

I don't know if they have another goalie but teams typically like to avoid back to back appearances for goalies in the round robin. Hrubec may have to go back in there tomorrow after expending a lot of energy today.

I don't know how you can miss the goalie switch while commentating on the game. Details are important in that line of work. I do like Doug though...a miss on his part.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
That was painful to watch. I hope the guy is ok, but it did not look good.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I love the spengler cup. i would really like to go there witnes it in person. the arena is always jam packed and they always have a good time over there. it as become a holiday tradition here at my house.

Feb 24, 2017
I love the spengler cup. i would really like to go there witnes it in person. the arena is always jam packed and they always have a good time over there. it as become a holiday tradition here at my house.
I have never been to Europe. One day I will, and it is going to be for the Spengler Cup.

Reactions: albator71

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2