Spengler Cup

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
Was very cool being able to hear the officials talking to each other during the review

Yes it was, but does anyone here have any idea how the Canadian player was not called offside? Seems to me being in the zone, the puck leaving the zone, then coming back to you still in the zone.... pretty cut and dried, no?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Incredibly the commentators got the Trinec goaltender wrong again. They do have a 3rd goaltender...Lukas Danacek

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Yes it was, but does anyone here have any idea how the Canadian player was not called offside? Seems to me being in the zone, the puck leaving the zone, then coming back to you still in the zone.... pretty cut and dried, no?
He tagged back up before he played the puck

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
The man closest to the boards? Maybe I'm forgetting something but he never seemed to have left the zone.
I'm pretty sure his skate was on the blue line before he touched the puck, from what I remember. I can't find highlights from the game anywhere, except for a very artsy brief video from the Spengler Cup youtube account

Feb 24, 2017
The man closest to the boards? Maybe I'm forgetting something but he never seemed to have left the zone.
I kind of zoned out during the review but it was a fairly lengthy one so I’m just assuming they came to the right conclusion. I also realize this doesn’t really help here haha

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
I kind of zoned out during the review but it was a fairly lengthy one so I’m just assuming they came to the right conclusion. I also realize this doesn’t really help here haha

Which is what makes it all the more confusing. They looked at it for a good minute and a half.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Game between Metallurg mg vs. Kalpa is done. Nice overtime goal by the Kalpa Team (Tommi Jokinen).
So much space out there, international ice 3 vs 3 overtime.
Nice setup for the goal.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Kal Pa win and get a bye but they are not a pretty team to watch. Have to hope they don't get to the final.

Canada gets the Ice Tigers this afternoon, looking for the bye.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
i dont like the play by play guy for tsn, he doest know the players name a lot. and they talk too much.

P.S. Where's Paul Romanuk? he was the best.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
i dont like the play by play guy for tsn, he doest know the players name a lot. and they talk too much.

P.S. Where's Paul Romanuk? he was the best.
It's a new trend in hockey and soccer where the play by play guy talks a lot about everything but what is happening in the game, really bad.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Kal Pa win and get a bye but they are not a pretty team to watch. Have to hope they don't get to the final.

Canada gets the Ice Tigers this afternoon, looking for the bye.
KalPa is only 11th in Liiga. I m very disappoited from KHL Top Team Metallurg. Respect to Kuopio!

Reactions: PanniniClaus

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
if your Magnitogorsk why even go if you're not going to dress your A team. The Spengler cup organizer should not invite KHL team if they dont guarantee to dress their A team. Instead of KHL team why have an USA team like Canada.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Ah, finally, the expected Russian supporter “we aren’t really trying” post. Doesn’t matter which tourney or level. It always comes.

Hmmm, no, not really, I'm criticizing them. Do you realize that there is literally a "kid skating with dad" on a line? That the whole first line is not even in Switzerland with the team? To me, KHL teams shouldn't be invited if they don't take it seriously.

Feb 24, 2017
Hmmm, no, not really, I'm criticizing them. Do you realize that there is literally a "kid skating with dad" on a line? That the whole first line is not even in Switzerland with the team? To me, KHL teams shouldn't be invited if they don't take it seriously.
Then perhaps you’re owed my apologies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad