Speculation: Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If anyone is wondering who's making this team before training camp starts just look at the Rangers facebook page, its 80 percent Lundkvist and Barron. I don't disagree with either making it but it appears to be a foregone conclusion.
Eh I don't think the PR team has any info.

It's the same PR team that tweeted out Buch and Shesty "Reunited and it feels so good" like the day before he got traded.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Goodrow played top 9 minutes for a Championship team.

He isn't playing on the 4th line here.
In my construction, Gallant has four lines that do different things well. Like a pitcher has different pitches, I am giving him 2 strong creating scoring lines as well as a Crash line. The Kreider line is a little less well-defined but that’s the personnel we have. And it has plenty of upside, too. The “fourth line” would be getting plenty of run. More like a 1A/1B with a 3A/3B.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Tampa's camp roster
NYR South redux
Claesson, Day, Raddysh, Walcott on D (tho roster lists DW as F)

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
What is Olbermann talking about? What conspiracies does Drury believe in?

Smh. This f***in guy had become a class A embarrassment. No ones gives a shit what you think OLbermann. You have become little more then a carnival act. Him and Carp should get bunk beds in a room with soft walls. Maybe they can get a discount?
What do you think of the palace coup carp!??

Badass....

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Pretty amazing we could trade/waive Hajek, Reunanen, Gauthier, and Georgiev and be no worse for the wear. About 10 years ago, this would've been losing our best prospects.

All these players on the cusp and some quality organizational depth is stressing me out. I think it's the first time I've seen the Rangers with this problem in my lifetime. What do we do?

Reactions: Speedtrials

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Pretty amazing we could trade/waive Hajek, Reunanen, Gauthier, and Georgiev and be no worse for the wear. About 10 years ago, this would've been losing our best prospects.

All these players on the cusp and some quality organizational depth is stressing me out. I think it's the first time I've seen the Rangers with this problem in my lifetime. What do we do?

well I don’t trust Kinkaid so keep Georgiev

I feel bad for Reuananen. I think he just needs a chance

Hajek and Gauthier are likely running out of time in NY . Hajek for sure

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
<ahem>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Give me a break, Olbermann. Davidson got fired because Dolan thought we weren't tough enough and his Islanders fan neighbors were giving him shit about it.

Drury with a "palace coup". What a crock.
Just saying, Drury was getting the job regardless. Gorton said that he told Drury he’d be the Rangers GM one day and he’d be gone. I don’t see why Drury would rush that process. Not saying this is a credible source or anything but it’s not like Drury has been waiting forever

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Let me try one.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kravtsov
Panarin-Chytil-Strome
Kreider-Barron-Kakko
Goodrow-Rooney-Blais

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Goodrow on the 4th line and Strome at RW are huge reaches. He's the first guy up if there's an injury in the top 9.
If Kakko plays third line he’s having another disappointing season. He’s not going to produce there. The most reasonable lines are

LaF-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais-Rooney-Reaves/Gauthier

Kravtsov and Goodrow I’d be okay with flip flopping. But Kreider-Barron-Kakko would do pretty bad as a line

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If Kakko plays third line he’s having another disappointing season. He’s not going to produce there. The most reasonable lines are

LaF-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais-Rooney-Reaves/Gauthier

Kravtsov and Goodrow I’d be okay with flip flopping. But Kreider-Barron-Kakko would do pretty bad as a line
I think you likely need to at least start the season flipping chytil and strome. I agree with most of this though.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Olbermann is an absolute POS. Why are we giving him any "views"

When a very experienced reporter with 1m followers post a tweet like that accusing Drury to be a “paranoid conspiracy theorist”, it makes you wonder what it is about. Could be some mix up about the TDA debacle, but if that’s the case it’s beyond bad…

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
When a very experienced reporter with 1m followers post a tweet like that accusing Drury to be a “paranoid conspiracy theorist”, it makes you wonder what it is about. Could be some mix up about the TDA debacle, but if that’s the case it’s beyond bad…

Olbermann is a carnival barker who feeds nonsense to an audience that craves it. You can stop wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad