Speculation: Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I can't believe I have to say this in a Roster Building Thread but after like 50 deleted posts in the last thread...

Keep all COVID talk and anti-vax BS out of this thread. If you want to beat your chest over your stance on COVID put that shit on facebook/twitter/instagram and keep it off the f***ing forum.

Zero tolerance. 1 year forum ban. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If COVID becomes a problem in the Rangers organization we can discuss it at that time.

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I can't believe I have to say this in a Roster Building Thread but after like 50 deleted posts in the last thread...

Keep all COVID talk and anti-vax BS out of this thread. If you want to beat your chest over your stance on COVID put that shit on facebook/twitter/instagram and keep it off the f***ing forum.

Zero tolerance. 1 year forum ban. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If COVID becomes a problem in the Rangers organization we can discuss it at that time.
Lolol..the fact that this even needs saying....

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
rangers1314 said:
Maybe a guy like Ryan Carpenter on a PTO?
Hard pass. He sucks at everything.

According to many on this Board every body not on the Ranger's roster sucks and not worth trading for because our roster is full of studs. Whether its this guy, Dvorek, Eichel , etc. amazing how none of them are any good. There is a lost sense of reality and fairness when evaluating non-Rangers.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
rangers1314 said:

According to many on this Board every body not on the Ranger's roster sucks and not worth trading for because our roster is full of studs. Whether its this guy, Dvorek, Eichel , etc. amazing how none of them are any good. There is a lost sense of reality and fairness when evaluating non-Rangers.

And, I’m sure, you know guys on this boards are absolute experts on the play of RYAN CARPENTER. Like when you watched his team play you were absolutely focused on him? His stats look good. (I know the poster in questions follows Vegas this is a general statement)

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
W Gardiner out long term Carolina has 4 former rangers D in their top 8

skjei , deangelo , smith and Keane but he never played an nhl game w nyr

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
So what’s the plan for Hajek now that he’s signed?

I like that they signed him, i don't think he is a lost cause yet. Put him in the minors, see if he can grow as a player, teach him how to be a defense first player and hope he is able to figure out how to use his skating and size. It's low risk at this point, he's got all the tools he just needs to figure it out.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Hajek is a throw in for a minor trade at this point

He may clear waivers once camp ends, although some team desperate enough like Arizona or Buffalo would probably take a shot on him just because

Reactions: bleedblue94

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
rangers1314 said:

That was my post you quoted. I watched Carpenter on Vegas for most of two seasons. He literally excels at nothing. We have enough bottom of the roster fill ins, which is all he would be. If you're talking about signing him for AHL depth, by all means....

Reactions: egelband

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Hajek is a throw in for a minor trade at this point

He may clear waivers once camp ends, although some team desperate enough like Arizona or Buffalo would probably take a shot on him just because

Outside of what he's done for NYR, he had an above-average resume to the point we acquired him. Some GM/Scouting Dept in the league probably still sees some value in him. His career hasn't crossed the event horizon yet.

I don't think he is waiver fodder quite yet, although objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Tiesto wearing a rongo jersey at electric zoo yesterday
CD8672-C0-41-BD-4727-BA7-C-3071-FD5164-E0.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
rangers1314 said:

But then there is the inverse where you think everyone sucks and guys who have played a position their entire career is better at another one with no evidence suggesting that this is even remotely true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad