OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Going to CBJ game, I usually sit in the club level but wanted something lower bowl this time. My choices are behind the a goal 10-15 rows up; or section 133 row 7... which is about middle of shoot-twice. Thoughts?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ fan here. Moving to the Punta Gorda area tomorrow. Hoping to check out the Panthers/Jackets game in a few days. Never been to the arena or area before.. Taking my girlfriend to her second game ever ironically her first one was against the Panthers in Columbus a few weeks back lol.

How's parking ? How's the arena/what can we expect?

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
CBJ fan here. Moving to the Punta Gorda area tomorrow. Hoping to check out the Panthers/Jackets game in a few days. Never been to the arena or area before.. Taking my girlfriend to her second game ever ironically her first one was against the Panthers in Columbus a few weeks back lol.

Parking is expensive. Like $20. I always go early and eat dinner across the street at the Mall (Cheesecake Factory) then we walk off some of the food by crossing the street and walking to the stadium.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL

As Ekblast said, it's worth it to take the five minute walk from Sawgrass Mills across the street. I would recommend parking near The Oasis if you can find parking there or near VF Factory Outlet as there is an entrance/exit that goes right across the street to the arena. Otherwise, parking at the arena costs more than most tickets at $20. It's likely five minutes to walk there from your car anyway.

The arena is still beautiful after 17 years with wide open concourses and there are tons of food options (although pricey as most arenas are). There's no need to worry about Panthers fans as we're overall a super nice bunch and have no problem at all with the Jackets or their fans. Have a great time and here's to a good game :yo:

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Best Seats at BBT Center (Overall and Best Value)

Hi There!

I'm a Leafs fan coming over Florida over the New Year. I was considering buying tickets to the Panthers/Rangers game on January 2nd.

I've been to the stadium before, but it was a little too far back, so I don't remember much of the lay-out.

Any advice on the best seats in the house overall, and in terms of the best value?

I usually prefer to sit directly behind one of the nets, ideally about 10 rows up, or in the 1st row of the upper bowl(s).

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, in advance.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hi There!

I'm a Leafs fan coming over Florida over the New Year. I was considering buying tickets to the Panthers/Rangers game on January 2nd.

I've been to the stadium before, but it was a little too far back, so I don't remember much of the lay-out.

Any advice on the best seats in the house overall, and in terms of the best value?

I usually prefer to sit directly behind one of the nets, ideally about 10 rows up, or in the 1st row of the upper bowl(s).

Thanks, in advance.

What's your budget? There is no bad seat in the house.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Hi There!

Thanks, in advance.

Personally, in terms of a good sight line, I like sitting in the upper part of the lower bowl so you can see over the glass and it's not too high. Club Lexus is perfect for just that if you can afford it. Plus, it has unlimited food, drinks, and alcohol. The Club Level is a good height as well. Center Ice and the Panthers shoot twice goal have tickets that are a bit more expensive than the rest of the arena.

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Hey there Panthers board,

I'm going down to the Florida Keys to relax on the beach for my spring break at my grandparents house. I'm flying in / out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm an avid fan of the Rangers as well as play at school for the University of Pittsburgh. I'm really hoping to catch a Panthers game as it was a great time when I went last year.

The issue at hand is I need a place to crash. I'm only 20 years old and most of the hotels in the area have a 21 and over policy and I'll have my suitcase with me so I can't bring it to the game. I want to go to the 3/12 Saturday night game versus Philly, and I'm looking for a place to sleep & leave my suitcase before my 6:20 am flight back to Pittsburgh on Sunday morning. I know this is quite the grand request so I am prepared to treat you with tickets to the game / gas / food / parking.

If this interests anyone, and you feel like helping me out, please PM me.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Hey there Panthers board,

I'm going down to the Florida Keys to relax on the beach for my spring break at my grandparents house. I'm flying in / out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm an avid fan of the Rangers as well as play at school for the University of Pittsburgh. I'm really hoping to catch a Panthers game as it was a great time when I went last year.

The issue at hand is I need a place to crash. I'm only 20 years old and most of the hotels in the area have a 21 and over policy and I'll have my suitcase with me so I can't bring it to the game. I want to go to the 3/12 Saturday night game versus Philly, and I'm looking for a place to sleep & leave my suitcase before my 6:20 am flight back to Pittsburgh on Sunday morning. I know this is quite the grand request so I am prepared to treat you with tickets to the game / gas / food / parking.

If this interests anyone, and you feel like helping me out, please PM me.

Check out air b'n'b

naaat721

Mar 19, 2004
This is kind of a weird request, but I know some arenas are different than others. I'll be in your lovely city for the Oilers/Panthers game this coming Monday and I've never been to a game there (or to the city at all!).

Can I just use the mobile entry barcode on my phone or do I need to print the physical ticket? I'm so used to using passbook or an app, I never print stuff anymore, but I figured I should make sure before I fly out. Thanks in advance!

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
This is kind of a weird request, but I know some arenas are different than others. I'll be in your lovely city for the Oilers/Panthers game this coming Monday and I've never been to a game there (or to the city at all!).

Can I just use the mobile entry barcode on my phone or do I need to print the physical ticket? I'm so used to using passbook or an app, I never print stuff anymore, but I figured I should make sure before I fly out. Thanks in advance!

you can use mobile entry as long as there is a barcode.

Kazbek

Jan 17, 2016
Oilers in Florida

Hey guys my gf and I just drove down from Canada to catch the Oilers in back to back games vs the Panthers and Lightning. I know this is a Panthers forum so I figured you guys would know the best time or place that I could autograph hunt the Oil, whether it be at morning skate wherever that will be or before or after game. I would be very grateful for any help you can give me, it would be much appreciated.

satriales

Jan 17, 2016
Uber after the game

Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience of getting an Uber car after the game has finished on a weekday? Are there many around etc? I need to get back to South Beach and don't want to be stranded in the parking lot until midnight!

Thanks

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
hi peeps!

I'm in town and I'm thinking of going to the FLA-TBL game tomorrow. any advice? I want to go as cheap as possible. Are there any of those legendary ticket + parking + hot dog + drink deals available? Thanks dudes :yo:

Ciccarelli22eh

Jan 30, 2015
Practice Rink & Times?

Hey guys I'm in Florida to see a few games. I'm looking at attending a practice or two also. A couple things. Where do they practice? Is there a schedule of practice that they show the public to show them what ones the public are allowed to be at?

Thanks
Aaron

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hi Aaron. They are having practice at 11 on Monday (so later today). The practice location is 3299 Sportsplex Dr, Coral Springs, at the Ice Den. It is open to the public. It is probably their last practice before the ASG, so if you really want to go, it's your best chance.

LoveNHL

Jun 15, 2015
Sweden
Looking forward to next trip to Florida for some fishing and hockey. Just a question to you folks. Is it hard to get tickets now after the increase in interest in following the team. It would be a serious disappointment if I only could catch a marlin or two...and not see Panthers live.

satriales

Jan 17, 2016
Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience of getting an Uber car after the game has finished on a weekday? Are there many around etc? I need to get back to South Beach and don't want to be stranded in the parking lot until midnight!

Thanks

Bump

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad