OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Hey guys just an update, thank you for the friendly advice, looks like I am moving to Coconut Creek (thank you flapntherspunk). Can't wait to get everything situated!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Hey guys just an update, thank you for the friendly advice, looks like I am moving to Coconut Creek (thank you flapntherspunk). Can't wait to get everything situated!

Nice! For now, that's where I live. It's not a bad location. Nearby highways and is midway between The Everglades and the beach. Also, midway between West Palm and Miami. It's mostly a middle class area and is family-oriented.

The Coconut Creek Promenade, which is an outdoor area with plenty of shops, restaurants, and a movie theater, is the only reason people really come here without driving through. Otherwise, it's just residential with some a few shopping centers mixed in.

Ryankeelan

Jul 3, 2015
hey everyone! I'm visiting key west tomorrow with friends. any suggestions on what we should do?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Didn't see a ticket thread, so please move this if one exists:

If any season-ticket holder is selling their Dec 29 seats against Montreal, I'd be interested in buying them. PM me with details, prices, etc.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Hi guys

Visiting states for the first time in the end of October/November. I plan to go to games vs Bruins & Caps (31.10., 1.11.). Noticed that tickets came out yesterday, so my question is, if there's a good chance that they will be sold out soon or is it safe to wait for another month or so, or even longer?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Hi guys

Visiting states for the first time in the end of October/November. I plan to go to games vs Bruins & Caps (31.10., 1.11.). Noticed that tickets came out yesterday, so my question is, if there's a good chance that they will be sold out soon or is it safe to wait for another month or so, or even longer?

Lol definitely won't be sold out. You could wait until the day of the game.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Didn't see a ticket thread, so please move this if one exists:

If any season-ticket holder is selling their Dec 29 seats against Montreal, I'd be interested in buying them. PM me with details, prices, etc.
We'll have one closer to the start of the season.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Lol definitely won't be sold out. You could wait until the day of the game.

The Bruins game can easily sell out. Half of the crowd could be Bruins fans. Caps game won't unless there's 6,000 bandwagon Ovechkin supporters.

Ordering tickets on StubHub is usually a cheaper option, but for games with large crowds like the Bruins one, you might want to order from the team directly. You can probably wait until a few days before.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Thank you.

How expensive are tickets usally, i am aiming at cheaper sits, hoping to get them for around 50$.

Dave Chung

Mar 3, 2008
Guys trip in Miami

Hey guys

I'm from Edmonton and am planning to have a stag with 7 of my friends in South beach/Miami Beach in late November. We watching the Panthers vs Rangers game on November 21st and then hitting up the Dolphins/cowboys game Sunday and then the Heat/Knicks game the Monday night. Just wondering if we could get some tips for our trip:

1) Based on where we are staying in south beach, better to cab to the games or rent a car?

2) Any good food places to hit up around the area we are staying?

3) Any good gentleman's clubs to attend?

Thanks!

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Hey guys

I'm from Edmonton and am planning to have a stag with 7 of my friends in South beach/Miami Beach in late November. We watching the Panthers vs Rangers game on November 21st and then hitting up the Dolphins/cowboys game Sunday and then the Heat/Knicks game the Monday night. Just wondering if we could get some tips for our trip:

1) Based on where we are staying in south beach, better to cab to the games or rent a car?
Heat game, from South Beach, you can even take a bus to Miami down town. Public transportation to/from Miami Beach is excellent.
Others, cab or rental car (problem is parking in south beach, very expensive). cab to sunrise would be also very expensive.

2) Any good food places to hit up around the area we are staying?
All kinds of food places, expensive.

3) Any good gentleman's clubs to attend?
In Miami Beach, so called gentleman's clubs do not have liquor licenses. There might be only one place in Washington Avenue.

JOL

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Question if anyone knows - how old do you have to be to start paying for a ticket??? Want to see if I need to get my son a child ticket if we can make it down to catch a game.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Thanks, gonna need to verify this because my son is 2yrs 4months.

Found this on the Panthers website, which they apparently need to update (hence the arena name).

"Children's Admission
Children who have celebrated their second birthday must possess a valid ticket for entry into the BankAtlantic Center. Children under 24 months will be required to sit in the lap of a guest with paid admission."

Sorry :(

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Found this on the Panthers website, which they apparently need to update (hence the arena name).

"Children's Admission
Children who have celebrated their second birthday must possess a valid ticket for entry into the BankAtlantic Center. Children under 24 months will be required to sit in the lap of a guest with paid admission."

Sorry :(

"He turns 2 next month"

:sarcasm:

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Quick question. Is Victor E. Rat still a mascot and do you guys still sell the rats in the gift shops?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Guy from Texas in town for Panthers game... Question...

Hey, I am from Texas, and I am in town to catch the Panthers game tomorrow. Anyone know what hotel the Flyers might be staying at while in town? Was hoping to maybe score an autograph....

Dave Chung

Mar 3, 2008
Tailgate parties

Hey guys

Me and 6 other friends from Edmonton are hitting up Miami for 5 days. We are going to the Dolphins vs Cowboys game on Sunday. I never been to a tailgate party before so just wondering how it all works. Time it usually starts? Lots of food? etc etc

I don't want to look like a complete noob when i'm there so seeing if anyone can help me out.

Thanks!

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Hey guys

Me and 6 other friends from Edmonton are hitting up Miami for 5 days. We are going to the Dolphins vs Cowboys game on Sunday. I never been to a tailgate party before so just wondering how it all works. Time it usually starts? Lots of food? etc etc

I don't want to look like a complete noob when i'm there so seeing if anyone can help me out.

Thanks!

Gates open at 9 so many (including myself) typically get there around then but not everyone. You can definitely get there a bit later and be fine. Most will probably be grilling with some sides and other foods out on a table with a cooler for the drinks.

A tent is necessary in Miami even though we're in late November.

If you need anything else post it here or shoot me a PM if you wish.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Leaf Fan visiting Jan 26

Hey Panthers Fans,

My daughter and I had such an amazing time in your beautiful state last year when we came up, that we decided to spend another week this coming January. I took my daughter to a Panthers game versus the Avs and it was great. We even met someone from your forum group at the game who came up and introduced himself.

How thrilled am I, as a lifelong Leafs fan to be able to see the Buds face off in FLA against my second favourite team on the 26th? Yup, I'm stoked...

Booking my tix early for a party of 5, so I am looking for recommendations for seating. We want to be close enough to catch a puck if possible.

What are your favourite seats? What's the chances of meeting players for a photo?

Thanks!

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
There's a pinned thread up top for "Visitors" I suggest posting there.

All seats are good in our house and you can get some club levels cheap on ticket sites for 30 dollars or so (Or just call them and get some). When I go i sit club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad