sorry wall of text... the real study of chiarelli's last 5 years in boston

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You know the Chiarelli era lasted 9 seasons in Boston and has been over now for 3 seasons.

Back in 2009, did posters re-hash the previous MOC/Sinden/Thornton/Samsonov era (1997 until 2006) as much as folks beat to death the Chiarelli/Julien/Bergeron/Chara era?

Just asking cause this topic seems like it's really old news at this point.
Yes

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You know the Chiarelli era lasted 9 seasons in Boston and has been over now for 3 seasons.

Back in 2009, did posters re-hash the previous MOC/Sinden/Thornton/Samsonov era (1997 until 2006) as much as folks beat to death the Chiarelli/Julien/Bergeron/Chara era?

The Thorton trade talk dragged on for years here.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You just said you did?

"I saw the Chiarelli and the Julien firing coming a million miles away the second cam neely got hired after they did. " Was there some sarcasm behind this that is being missed?

I wouldn't call it bold... I feel anyone that pays attention could easily see it. I don't profess to have super powers. I just pay attention and as a result you will rarely see me make a post here where I say I am surprised by something or I don't know what the team is doing

honestly I think it just comes from paying attention and not letting my personal bias get me angry when the team goes against my wishes. my wishes are often ignored by the team. the team often goes against my wishes. but you can see my 15 years of history posting here... I don't get angry at the team

I do make a huge effort to try to understand the team. its not bold. its just paying attention and keeping my emotions out of it

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I wouldn't call it bold... I feel anyone that pays attention could easily see it. I don't profess to have super powers. I just pay attention and as a result you will rarely see me make a post here where I say I am surprised by something or I don't know what the team is doing

honestly I think it just comes from paying attention and not letting my personal bias get me angry when the team goes against my wishes. my wishes are often ignored by the team. the team often goes against my wishes. but you can see my 15 years of history posting here... I don't get angry at the team

I do make a huge effort to try to understand the team. its not bold. its just paying attention and keeping my emotions out of it

Haha...Yeah, you're the only one who really pays attention.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Just add Barzal/Conner/Boeser to that list and you have 3/4 of my posts

I wish the other plebs that post here thought the same way we do.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

My calling it bold was sarcasm.

Patting yourself on the back for knowing Chia and Julien would eventually be fired (and it happened 8 years later) is pretty silly. Of course they were probably going to get fired eventually.

The overwhelming majority of these guys do not get to go out on their own terms. It doesn’t take any special knowledge to assume a coach and GM would be fired eventually

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My calling it bold was sarcasm.

Patting yourself on the back for knowing Chia and Julien would eventually be fired (and it happened 8 years later) is pretty silly. Of course they were probably going to get fired eventually.

The overwhelming majority of these guys do not get to go out on their own terms. It doesn’t take any special knowledge to assume a coach and GM would be fired eventually

not patting myself on the back at all... just shocked you and others didn't see it coming. I told the other poster it wasn't bold... told you it wasn't bold

just common sense... no great feat

im surprised others are not able to see these things. I just assume they can pay attention and get it too

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
not patting myself on the back at all... just shocked you and others didn't see it coming. I told the other poster it wasn't bold... told you it wasn't bold

im surprised others are not able to see these things. I just assume they can pay attention and get it too
Shocked we didn't see it coming that they would be fired 8 years later?

Just stop.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bold prediction of the day!

Both Don Sweeney and Bruce Cassidy will be fired from their employment with the Boston Bruins on some day in the future. You heard it hear first.

Unfortunately my crystal ball does not allow me to determine if they are fired on the same day or not.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

:laugh: You’re completely missing the point.

It doesn’t require any attention to figure out that coaches and GMs will eventually be fired. Everybody knows it

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I’m trying to picture you with super powers...

Captain Obvious?

In sports, the moment that GM’s and coaches get hired, you can start the countdown until they are fired. It’s the nature of the business.

If Chia and Julien were really “dead men walking” as you seem to want us to belive, Neely would have shit-canned them after they blew a 3-0 lead against Philly in 2009/10. He had just been named Prez (after being VP since 07) and what better way to send a message that he was the new Sheriff in town?

I think you are trying too hard on this one, even with your keen powers of observation and deduction.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’m trying to picture you with super powers...

Captain Obvious?

In sports, the moment that GM’s and coaches get hired, you can start the countdown until they are fired. It’s the nature of the business.

If Chia and Julien were really “dead men walking” as you seem to want us to belive, Neely would have ****-canned them after they blew a 3-0 lead against Philly in 2009/10. He had just been named Prez (after being VP since 07) and what better way to send a message that he was the new Sheriff in town?

I think you are trying too hard on this one, even with your keen powers of observation and deduction.

in 2011... as we go to the overtime in round I... the announcers on the telecast are saying if montreal scores this goal Julien and Chiarelli will be fired

honestly I doubt it was a huge secret to most people. the boards here were screaming for his firing

the previous year... we actually went to round II before that collapse. it was a bit of an upset. no one thought we would get past buffalo after the injury to Thomas. sure we eventually did lose but Savard and Bergeron were both injured or playing hurt... Seidenberg missed the playoffs after being a late pickup... the kessel thing happened without being able to find a replacement... then krejci our best player gets taken out with a dirty hit

it would be hard to fire Chiarelli under those circumstances

and before that... what success was there for neely to claim? Chiarelli was making great moves. firing him premature might lead to a disaster. much smarter to allow the team to get on solid footing and then fire him when the team is on the verge of winning it all

our cup win in 2011 caught everyone by surprise. im sure that was the year that Chiarelli and Julien were supposed to be fired according to the master plan

it sure played out that way as I watched the show unfold

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
:laugh: You’re completely missing the point.

It doesn’t require any attention to figure out that coaches and GMs will eventually be fired. Everybody knows it

and yet everyone is making a big deal out of it here... when I wasn't

my response to you was when you tried to say... how bold... yes I got the saracasm

I responded to tell you... nope not bold

I don't know why you keep thinking I said this was huge news when ive said in every post it isn't huge news

but thanks for trying to beat this into my head. I got this years and years and years ago... but never hurts to be reminded of it I suppose

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

my response to you was when you tried to say... how bold... yes I got the saracasm

I don't know why you keep thinking I said this was huge news when ive said in every post it isn't huge news

but thanks for trying to beat this into my head. I got this years and years and years ago... but never hurts to be reminded of it I suppose

I know you didn’t say it was huge knews. You’re not paying attention to what I’m saying.

My problem is that you came in acting like you know better than everyone else (as usual) because once Cam was hired in 2007, you “knew” that eventually the team would make a coaching and GM change. And then you keep talking about how it’s easy to figure it out if you pay attention, as if the rest of us aren’t paying attention. You’re being a condescending shit. Every single person here knew that, eventually, Claude and Chia would be let go

Reactions: Chief Nine

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I saw the Chiarelli and the Julien firing coming a million miles away the second cam neely got hired after they did. right or wrong, he made it clear to me he wanted to be THE MAN. unfortunately anything that was happening positively involving people before neely got hired was their credit and not his.

Neely was hired in 2007. At that point, you saw that Chiarelli and Julien would eventually be fired? Bold.

no... not really

You just said you did?

"I saw the Chiarelli and the Julien firing coming a million miles away the second cam neely got hired after they did. " Was there some sarcasm behind this that is being missed?

This is really an amazing sequence.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
in 2011... as we go to the overtime in round I... the announcers on the telecast are saying if montreal scores this goal Julien and Chiarelli will be fired

honestly I doubt it was a huge secret to most people. the boards here were screaming for his firing

the previous year... we actually went to round II before that collapse. it was a bit of an upset. no one thought we would get past buffalo after the injury to Thomas. sure we eventually did lose but Savard and Bergeron were both injured or playing hurt... Seidenberg missed the playoffs after being a late pickup... the kessel thing happened without being able to find a replacement... then krejci our best player gets taken out with a dirty hit

it would be hard to fire Chiarelli under those circumstances

and before that... what success was there for neely to claim? Chiarelli was making great moves. firing him premature might lead to a disaster. much smarter to allow the team to get on solid footing and then fire him when the team is on the verge of winning it all

our cup win in 2011 caught everyone by surprise. im sure that was the year that Chiarelli and Julien were supposed to be fired according to the master plan

it sure played out that way as I watched the show unfold

Hard to fire Chia under the circumstances?

Thought you said it was a done deal the moment Neely was hired?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I know you didn’t say it was huge knews. You’re not paying attention to what I’m saying.

My problem is that you came in acting like you know better than everyone else (as usual) because once Cam was hired in 2007, you “knew” that eventually the team would make a coaching and GM change. And then you keep talking about how it’s easy to figure it out if you pay attention, as if the rest of us aren’t paying attention. You’re being a condescending ****. Every single person here knew that, eventually, Claude and Chia would be let go

sure

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
that he wanted to do it... yes... that he needed the right political climate... yes

really...

I am shocked I need to explain this very very simple concepts to some of you I used to have more respect for
i'm definitely having a hard time grasping these very very simple concepts so maybe you can help me out...

why weren't Chia & Claude fired after the 2010 collapse? Surely that should have been reason enough for Neely if he'd already had the agenda of getting rid of them. And why did they keep Claude for another year after firing Chia?

I'm kind of slow so please don't use too many big words in your reply. (I know you're a man of few words so you'll be gentle I'm sure)

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad