Post-Game Talk: Sorry, not sorry Patches, Habs grab a 5-4 Win over Vegas

POTG

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The posters who were doubting whether his point production was sustainable were right. He was just warming up. Man, I'd laugh if he ends up as the point leader.
There isn't a single person out there who ever thought Domi would be a top 5 scoring leader in the NHL. Not top 10. Not top 15. Not top 20. Not top 30. Not top 40. At best we were looking at a top 50 guy.
A guy that can crack the 60-65 mark.
Would be really awesome if he ends up in top 10.

Reactions: DAChampion

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There isn't a single person out there who ever thought Domi would be a top 5 scoring leader in the NHL. Not top 10. Not top 15. Not top 20. Not top 30. Not top 40. At best we were looking at a top 50 guy.
One thing I knew was that he had a terrific rookie year and he was much better than the past 2 seasons. One of those players who thrives in the Montreal type of market.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
That win might be a turning point in the season, huge come back win with Weber coming back soon to stabilize that D core... Tatar scores the game winner while Patches held pointlesss, those 2 pts are great and it should only boost this team's confidence even more... I think its more realistic to think the Habs will make the playoffs than the opposite at this point...

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
That's why I say wait to January 1st. Want to make something clear. I dislike bergevin. But this team this year is nothing like the past half decade where they relied on goaltending. The style is confidence has made a 180 turn. I'll give credit to berg for doing great on his two summer deals and to Julien for revamping the system to working in the new nhl. Amazing turnaround but I still want to draft a superstar at the draft...for now.
I completely agree with you. A superstar like Kakko would be insane. We would have of the league's best duos in Kotka and Kakko.
But yeah we all mocked Berge when he said Attitude was the problem with the team last year. Seems like he was 100% correct. Players with amazing attitudes like Tatar and Domi have truly turned this team around. I really hope we can win the lottery but at the same time I would absolutely love to meet the Leafs in the first round and give them another 1rst round exit. Now, that would be insane!

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
His production isn't a fluke either. He has the tools to be elite no doubt.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Let's not kid ourselves. Nobody expected such an amazing start from Domi, let alone to do it at center.
I expected much better than he has displayed the past two years. I was hoping for 55 points or more which is what Galchenyuk would produce

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Swap would be a mistake. Let Phil take the tough assignments and Kotka the easier minutes. Do we really want the rookie taking draws in the d zone and playing shutdown?

Claude his this right, let him learn playing other teams bottom lines. No brainer.

I think what I'm suggesting is that a swap would allow Kotkaniemi to take softer assignments. Turn Kotka's line into one that gets mostly offensive minutes, turn Danault's line into one that could be a purely checking line. Tatar-Kotka-Lehk/Hudon/Gally could get mostly offensive assignments, Byron-Danault-Armia could get mostly defensive assignments

Reactions: Stive Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1