Post-Game Talk: Sorry, not sorry Patches, Habs grab a 5-4 Win over Vegas

POTG

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I think what I'm suggesting is that a swap would allow Kotkaniemi to take softer assignments. Turn Kotka's line into one that gets mostly offensive minutes, turn Danault's line into one that could be a purely checking line. Tatar-Kotka-Lehk/Hudon/Gally could get mostly offensive assignments, Byron-Danault-Armia could get mostly defensive assignments

There are no easier minutes. He is getting 65% o zone starts against bottom 6 players. Claude is killing it on his utilization, this is textbook how you should launch a young player.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think what I'm suggesting is that a swap would allow Kotkaniemi to take softer assignments. Turn Kotka's line into one that gets mostly offensive minutes, turn Danault's line into one that could be a purely checking line. Tatar-Kotka-Lehk/Hudon/Gally could get mostly offensive assignments, Byron-Danault-Armia could get mostly defensive assignments
Why make one line that produces if you can have two? You guys should relax...

That Danault line is doing a great job at even strength out there while facing tough assignments. It gives the other lines an easier matchup.

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
He is man. It's amazing what the centre depth we could have. Kotka. Domi. Poehling. Suzuki. Crazy. I think all these guys have significant potential in the NHL.
Part of me selfishly wanted hughs this year but this team is way to fun to watch. I RARELY and i say RARELY *if ever?* see kotka make a mistake in where he coughs up the puck and turns it over. Same goes for his passing , he seems to always successfully complete his passes and at this age its extremely impressive. I already feel confident with the kid on the ice and i cant say that for 80 percent of the players on on the ice. With every passing game he creates more and more i can see him completely dominating the WJC. Like i said when he fills out his weight and plays with more responsibility bergevins decision at the draft in picking him might be one that justifies his tenure. I still believe the pk trade was a mistake but this was def the right pick at the draft for us !

Reactions: DAChampion

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Big saves from niemi despite four goals ! Great team effort so satisfying to see tartar score and patioready try his hardest there wasnt no coasting from him tonight and he still couldnt score. Now please someone we need that tartar fan clip for pregame purposes

That fan clip for Tatar was amazing. :laugh:

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why make one line that produces if you can have two? You guys should relax...

That Danault line is doing a great job at even strength out there while facing tough assignments. It gives the other lines an easier matchup.

I agree with this. No need to stack one line. Spread the wealth. The Habs have proven that this is a good recipe. Every line is contributing. The fourth line is the fourth line, but Habs' Top-9 is working.

17 games played so far and Montreal has scored less than 3 goals in only 4 games. In every other game, whether win or loss, they've scored 3 or more goals per game.

It's working.

Jul 6, 2016
Part of me selfishly wanted hughs this year but this team is way to fun to watch. I RARELY and i say RARELY *if ever?* see kotka make a mistake in where he coughs up the puck and turns it over. Same goes for his passing , he seems to always successfully complete his passes and at this age its extremely impressive. I already feel confident with the kid on the ice and i cant say that for 80 percent of the players on on the ice. With every passing game he creates more and more i can see him completely dominating the WJC. Like i said when he fills out his weight and plays with more responsibility bergevins decision at the draft in picking him might be one that justifies his tenure. I still believe the pk trade was a mistake but this was def the right pick at the draft for us !

The K Kid is properly used.

Reactions: Cacaniemi

Jul 6, 2016
I agree with this. No need to stack one line. Spread the wealth. The Habs have proven that this is a good recipe. Every line is contributing. The fourth line is the fourth line, but Habs' Top-9 is working.

17 games played so far and Montreal has scored less than 3 goals in only 4 games. In every other game, whether win or loss, they've scored 3 or more goals per game.

It's working.

A tighter D + better goaltending would place them at the top of their Conference.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad