Confirmed with Link: Soooooo... Who is available on the trade market?

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Take out the 2nd rounder coming back to Boston and I'd still do that deal.

Hard to tell what San Jose are going to do. I think they want to rebuild but with Thornton and Marleau refusing to waive their no-trades it makes it hard for them to blow it up and re-build properly.

But they have next to nothing in their pipeline for young goaltenders. They have picked one goaltender in the past 5-6 drafts. They might have interest in Subban.

Either way Burns would be a great addition and if he's available likely one of the very few top-end D who might, might be available for the right price. Problem is with the lack of available D in UFA if Burns was available it would become a bidding war.

I think out of Burns and say Byfuglien, Burns might be more attainable. He has 2 years left at $5.67 per year. I think it is a more than fair deal even if San Jose were to not include anything other than just Burns. I would certainly pay or slightly over pay for a guy that can play defence and forward over a guy that is a single role or even center and wing because I feel we are good at that category. I think we can fill Smiths absence with someone in Providence but our defence is hurting and Burns would come in and eat some big minutes.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Oshie has value to this B's team as a younger player and a shootout player. But he'd get paired with Marchand and Bergeron and I'd really prefer him as 3rd liner, not a top-2 line player.

I'd be calling any teams in no-man's land right now regarding trades. If a team needs a vet defenseman, give 'em Seids. We absolutely need mobility on the blue line though. Watching the playoffs, I think our forwards, when healthy, are good enough. Our d-men are just slow compared to who's left- look the guys that Anaheim or Chicago or Minny have on the blue line. Guys like Fowler, Keith, Scandella, Suter, etc. skate circles around our defensemen.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Having watched a few Ducks games this playoff, I`ve liked Matt Beleskey`s game, haven`t a clue what his stats are, but I do like the big body, moves reasonably well and I did hear during the broadcast he`s a UFA unless I heard different. Nice 3rd line L winger possibility?

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Revisit Oshie talks for sure!

Oshie + Sobotka + Reaves

for Eriksson, Smith, Subban?

makes us much, much harder to play against while adding skill and legit players.

They have no use for Subban they have 23 year old jake allen

OrrCam

Aug 9, 2008
Having watched a few Ducks games this playoff, I`ve liked Matt Beleskey`s game, haven`t a clue what his stats are, but I do like the big body, moves reasonably well and I did hear during the broadcast he`s a UFA unless I heard different. Nice 3rd line L winger possibility?

Yes I like him too. Looks pretty good for a 4th round pick. He's not small (6.0 ft - 204 lbs), he works super hard and hits like a tank. And he scored 22 goals this year in 65 games. Man would he look good behind the spoked B.

You are correct, he's a UFA. Just came off a 2 year $2.7MM contract. Not sure but I thought I read somewhere that the Bs were interested in him....maybe at the deadline. Not sure.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am eyeing the Sharks second pick which could potentially be Brandon Carlo. That would give us Chara 6'9, Hamilton 6'5, Burns 6'5 and Carlo 6'5. That is a huge top 4. Put all 4 out on the penalty kill and stand hand to hand in a line. Who would get through. Red rover red rover...hammer the Habs over !!!

Hmm. Not sure you can project picks that precisely. The Globe & Mail has referred to Burns as a high risk, high reward trick or treat who is unlikely to change. Not encouraging.

Pencil in Krug & Trotman, btw.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
For Hawks these 4 names are likely available

C/W Patrick Sharp (2 yrs at 5.9M)
LW/RW Bryan Bickell (2 yrs at 4M)
LW/RW Kris Versteeg (1 yr at 2.2M)
C/W Andrew Shaw (1 yr at 2M ,,, RFA after)

Not sure if any would fit the B's

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes I like him too. Looks pretty good for a 4th round pick. He's not small (6.0 ft - 204 lbs), he works super hard and hits like a tank. And he scored 22 goals this year in 65 games. Man would he look good behind the spoked B.

You are correct, he's a UFA. Just came off a 2 year $2.7MM contract. Not sure but I thought I read somewhere that the Bs were interested in him....maybe at the deadline. Not sure.

Belesky is a decent player, but given his scoring burst this season he is very likely to win himself a Ville Leino contract, and some fool org may give him 6 years and 24+ million

I'd like him for the Bruins at around 3years 2.5 million per year. He will get much more and is not worth it

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hamuis is a bc guy who left money on the table to go home. Unless he is asking to be moved, its very risky for a team to trade someone like this... shane doan in phoenix is another example and chris phillips reportedly.

I know vancouver media/fans speculate hamhuis is available but i seriously doubt its true.

Look for kevin bieska to be the one they move... big cap hit/ being used as bottom pair guy/keeps saying crap in the mediaa that is stupid to say. Potentially has value to a gm that remembers how good bieska was just recently

Garrison didn't want out either. Told Benning multiple times before finally relenting. Looks like it is working out just fine for him.

There is more of a chance of Hamhuis agreeing to leave over Bieksa. I like the Hamhuis move much more given the contract and overall play.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Belesky is a decent player, but given his scoring burst this season he is very likely to win himself a Ville Leino contract, and some fool org may give him 6 years and 24+ million

I'd like him for the Bruins at around 3years 2.5 million per year. He will get much more and is not worth it

If we gave Reilly "The Ghost" Smith 3.5m there's no way Beleskey will accept 2.5, after scoring essentially twice as many goals this year as The Ghost, in 16 fewer games.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

22 goals? Hmm, as I said, didn`t look at his stats but was impressed on his physical play and quick pursuit of the puck, big body etc...

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It's been a few months since I've read everyone's favorite Superhero (Kassian) name on here thankfully. His Fraudness has fallen out of favor here on these boards I see.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
For Hawks these 4 names are likely available

C/W Patrick Sharp (2 yrs at 5.9M)
LW/RW Bryan Bickell (2 yrs at 4M)
LW/RW Kris Versteeg (1 yr at 2.2M)
C/W Andrew Shaw (1 yr at 2M ,,, RFA after)

Not sure if any would fit the B's

Shaw would be a great addition to the 3rd or 4th line.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If we gave Reilly "The Ghost" Smith 3.5m there's no way Beleskey will accept 2.5, after scoring essentially twice as many goals this year as The Ghost, in 16 fewer games.

I didn't say he would take it, I said what I would be willing to pay, and that he will get much more.

Belesky follows in a long line of guys like Leino, but even more so David Clarkson

These guys are not bad players, but they have one fluke goal scoring year and suddenly people jump up and pay them like they are going to be 20 goal guys moving forward. Belesky won't be, he'll go back to being an 8-12 goal 10-15 assist guy, who bangs, basically a rich man's Thornton

Belesky is also a guy who has had a difficult time playing a full season

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Smith + Krug
for
Edler + Kassian

Absolutely no.

I know that the popular thing around here is to bag on Smith's lackluster season ( which still saw him place 5th in team scoring ) but he is a much better player than Kassian. Smith's worst season is still better than Kassian's best.

Edler and Krug is a bit of a wash, but on this team, Krug's PP skills are much more in need.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Absolutely no.

I know that the popular thing around here is to bag on Smith's lackluster season ( which still saw him place 5th in team scoring ) but he is a much better player than Kassian. Smith's worst season is still better than Kassian's best.

Edler and Krug is a bit of a wash, but on this team, Krug's PP skills are much more in need.

I just like Edler more because he can play in a top 4 role while being able to play big minutes against the oppositions better players.

Not a knock on Smith at all; just figure Edler is the best player in the deal and by a bit IMO.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I would think Nashville, Vancouver, & St. Louis will definitely be moving some players after 100 point seasons and one and done in the playoffs. Same with Montreal and the Rangers if they bow out in the 2nd round. Montreal has a pretty good cap situation though; so they don't really need to clear anyone.

The Rangers will definitley need to clear some cap space anyway for several RFAs; they could probably move Dan Boyle though as he still has some value and would give them another 4.5.

I'd be interested in an Oshie for Smith swap. Both players make about the same amount now; and while Smith is a little younger, Oshie is a more physical player and could definitely help us in the shootout. One of the Blues fans on the trade board proposed Oshie & Backes for Smith & Krejci. I'd make that trade as the points nearly balance out; but we save cap and get two much more physical players up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad