Confirmed with Link: Soooooo... Who is available on the trade market?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
If you notice the prefix, I am only interested in guys out there that are openly known (or heavily rumoured) to be available.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Changes are coming, yes, but who are the players out there? I don't think anybody is interested in someone taking over the thread with stupid ass proposals --especially for guys you like, but are not being moved.

Again, who are the guys out there that are known to be available?

I think we need to look at trading for the rights to Sobotka and Burmistrov (both have their rights up for auction).

Sobotka, enough said.

Burmi was actually the top ranked and drafted Russian in the same draft as Kuznetsov and Tarasenko. He was rushed into the NHL and poorly managed in Winnipeg but I still really like his upside and he is a very good defensive player as well. Kuznetsov (again, same draft) is only now coming out --and looking like a stud in the playoffs here. How bad would he have looked in the NHL at 18/19/20?

That being said, there have to be way more guys out there that are available for trade (hopefully some bigger guys that can skate and cause havoc/turnovers). Fill me in, who are they?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
There's Phaneuf who's apparently been available for awhile and who we've been rumored to be in on during the deadline.

I'm split on him. With the right coaches and players surrounding him, he'd be a great asset. I've just seen him make so many dumb plays over the course of the past 3 seasons, mental mistakes that you would expect out of a younger dman, not one that's been in the league for as long as he has.

I think I'd be fine with him as a second pairing guy with a solid defensive partner playing the right side. Maybe Seids could be the new Hamerlik effect for Phaneuf?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I think it starts with the teams who carried high expectations yet flamed out in the first round.

St.Louis & Pittsburgh come to mind. No solid rumors, just speculation. Have to think Pitt will be looking to unload some salary. With their depth on the blue line it's possible Letang gets shopped.

Who knows with the Blues. Oshie comes to mind but he doesn't excite me & I feel he's quite a bit overrated.

I also feel like Vancouver will be looking to make some major moves.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
hopefully Chara,Sieds,Kelly & Smith

Agreed those are the 4 I would shop, Kelly get what we can and move on, the others actually do have some value and we can get back something decent.

I would even look at trading the rights to ufa's like Soderberg and Bartkowski, never know maybe a draft pick if some teams wants exclusive negotiating rights.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
There's Phaneuf who's apparently been available for awhile and who we've been rumored to be in on during the deadline.

I'm split on him. With the right coaches and players surrounding him, he'd be a great asset. I've just seen him make so many dumb plays over the course of the past 3 seasons, mental mistakes that you would expect out of a younger dman, not one that's been in the league for as long as he has.

I think I'd be fine with him as a second pairing guy with a solid defensive partner playing the right side. Maybe Seids could be the new Hamerlik effect for Phaneuf?

Dion is a decent regular season player but when he gets under a tonne of pressure, he cracks. He's not a guy you want on the ice in overtime in the playoffs.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

No thank you. He's not a leader and he's a defensive liability who continues to make boneheaded plays.

And that excludes his contract.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Phaneuf on a 2nd pair at 3-4 million, yes . Then we can afford his idiotic pinches and missed open ice hits. At his current salary or role? No thanks.

Would love Sobotka back for our 4th line role.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk

Phaneuf is toast. A deal to bring him in should get a GM fired, not hired. He's lost 2 steps, can't pass, doesn't have the brains to make up for it, is lazy on the backcheck and ALWAYS makes the extra hack / push / shove and takes himself out of the play. He's a dope and in a sharp decline. NO WAY JOSE!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If you notice the prefix, I am only interested in guys out there that are openly known (or heavily rumoured) to be available.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Changes are coming, yes, but who are the players out there? I don't think anybody is interested in someone taking over the thread with stupid ass proposals --especially for guys you like, but are not being moved.

Again, who are the guys out there that are known to be available?

I think we need to look at trading for the rights to Sobotka and Burmistrov (both have their rights up for auction).

Sobotka, enough said.

Burmi was actually the top ranked and drafted Russian in the same draft as Kuznetsov and Tarasenko. He was rushed into the NHL and poorly managed in Winnipeg but I still really like his upside and he is a very good defensive player as well. Kuznetsov (again, same draft) is only now coming out --and looking like a stud in the playoffs here. How bad would he have looked in the NHL at 18/19/20?

That being said, there have to be way more guys out there that are available for trade (hopefully some bigger guys that can skate and cause havoc/turnovers). Fill me in, who are they?

I mentioned Burmistrov in either this thread or another as a possibility. I questioned his commitment when he was with the Jets but he has speed/skill and wondering if his attitude would change having faced the reality check of life in the KHL, might be worth investigating into

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
I mentioned Burmistrov in either this thread or another as a possibility. I questioned his commitment when he was with the Jets but he has speed/skill and wondering if his attitude would change having faced the reality check of life in the KHL, might be worth investigating into

What reality is that?:sarcasm:

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
I keep reading about Phaneuf lately. Please, even at that price of 5.25 mil do not get him. He really stinks defensively. His best days were in Calgary.

Three Dog

Apr 12, 2015
well..... (without contributing to another 5 pages of "yay" or "nay" to whether Phaneuf would be a good fit) ...... (or another 65 pages of whether Kelly, Seids and Chara need to go)......

I agree with Oates2Neely.... typically, any team that doesn't make the playoffs or was ousted in the first round, are pretty open to making moves. I like a number of St. Louis pieces that I think would go well on the Bruins. ....and I'd expect them to be looking to make some trades considering an early exit yet again this year.

I also remember hearing Nicklas Grossman was supposed to be traded at the deadline. I really have never watched his game that closely, so not sure if he'd be a good one to pick up, but im guessing he'll be available....

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
agreed, far too much of the cap is being wasted on these guys (approx 25%)

While I agree that none of these guys are worth what they get paid, I don't think we have a replacement for Chara or even Kelly. Don't laugh at the Kelly comment. He does bring leadership and is still excellent on the defensive end of the game. Seidenberg and Smith however are no longer fits with this club for what they bring game in and game out. They are very replaceable with either cheaper options or just better players for the same money. I would rather try and package those 2 for at least one upgrade, prefer a better defenceman. Maybe Brent Burns who is just as fast or just as slow as either Seidneberg and Smith depending if you are a glass half full or empty kind of person. With the injuries this team had this past season, maybe a guy like Brent Burns is what we need. Can fill dual roles depending how healthy or unhealthy the team is.
Brent Burns name is popping up recently. Is so far just a rumour but the Sharks need changes too. Throw in Subban ? How about the following...

to :bruins Brent Burns and 2015 2nd round pick

to :sharks Dennis Seidenberg, Reilly Smith and Malcolm Subban

Thoughts ???

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
While I agree that none of these guys are worth what they get paid, I don't think we have a replacement for Chara or even Kelly. Don't laugh at the Kelly comment. He does bring leadership and is still excellent on the defensive end of the game. Seidenberg and Smith however are no longer fits with this club for what they bring game in and game out. They are very replaceable with either cheaper options or just better players for the same money. I would rather try and package those 2 for at least one upgrade, prefer a better defenceman. Maybe Brent Burns who is just as fast or just as slow as either Seidneberg and Smith depending if you are a glass half full or empty kind of person. With the injuries this team had this past season, maybe a guy like Brent Burns is what we need. Can fill dual roles depending how healthy or unhealthy the team is.
Brent Burns name is popping up recently. Is so far just a rumour but the Sharks need changes too. Throw in Subban ? How about the following...

Thoughts ???

I wouldn't think twice, however, there's no way in hell the Sharks take that deal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Thoughts ???

That's a huge win for us.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
patrick sharp is as good as gone from chicago this summer.

this is not "out there" in the media, but my opinion is tj oshie will be traded by the blues.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

this is not "out there" in the media, but my opinion is tj oshie will be traded by the blues.

Only? :laugh:

The Bs board can finally get Reaves. Bruins then draft Carlo and Crouse. :laugh: :laugh:

:cry::cry::cry:

:)

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

He may excel with a lesser role of a 3 or even 4.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Revisit Oshie talks for sure!

Oshie + Sobotka + Reaves

for Eriksson, Smith, Subban?

makes us much, much harder to play against while adding skill and legit players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad