Sony PS4 #9: Your Exclusive Home for Exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For those bloodborne players, any strategies for beating Laurence after he loses his legs and/or orphan of kos?

I'm basically over leveled and still can't beat them. First 2 bosses I genuinely don't think I can beat with practice

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You can parry and backstab Orphan.

Laurence is a flailing idiot so yea good luck.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Orphan of Kos is a terrible boss, up until him the DLC was amazing. I had to summon my brother in to help me.

Laurence I didn't have much trouble, just avoid the fire because it melts and take your time.

The hardest bosses for me were Father Gascoigne and Blood Beast which were 2 of the first 3 bosses; don't know if it was because I was a noob and it was my first Souls-ish game but in NG+ I killed father first try and Blood Starved Beast 2nd.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Any guns that parry better than others? I'm using pistol and a lot of his attacks don't get parried

Maybe? I can't remember.

Dunno, I just remember him being easy to backstab for the first half and then having a combo that ended with an overhead attack that was easy to parry.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
I ordered a Hori Pad controller for my ps4 today so I can get a controller with turbo feature. Anyone try one of these yet?

This is the one I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Horipad-FPS-Plus-PS4/dp/B0106XFCPI

I've been playing with it for probably 2 years. I've had two since the a stick started to drift on the first one about 6 months in(I do have Kontrol Freeks on it too).

I only really use the controller for Destiny and it's more of because it's what I'm use to now for that game. Other FPS I just use a regular controller.

The turbo feature can be a gift and a curse. It does make most guns full auto but some guns will not function anymore or poorly. If a gun requires a charge and not just a normal trigger pull it will not work. Since I use fusion rifles alot which require a charge it can't be used. If the gun is already an automatic it will fire slower usually. I put it on often for PVE but every once and awhile you swap guns only to realize it's not firing because the turbo feature isn't compatible with that gun. Nothing like trying to fire a gun in a raid and realizing it won't due to the turbo.

There is also a button in the back to slow down the speed of your reticle as you aim or try to quick scope. I've never even attempted to use this button besides just testing it out. It will slow down the speed so the shot can come easier but it just seems extremely cheap imo so I haven't bothered with it.

The cord can be annoying if playing in a common area and some people dislike the no headjack but it works fine with my Gold Headset.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
This is the one I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Horipad-FPS-Plus-PS4/dp/B0106XFCPI

I've been playing with it for probably 2 years. I've had two since the a stick started to drift on the first one about 6 months in(I do have Kontrol Freeks on it too).

I only really use the controller for Destiny and it's more of because it's what I'm use to now for that game. Other FPS I just use a regular controller.

The turbo feature can be a gift and a curse. It does make most guns full auto but some guns will not function anymore or poorly. If a gun requires a charge and not just a normal trigger pull it will not work. Since I use fusion rifles alot which require a charge it can't be used. If the gun is already an automatic it will fire slower usually. I put it on often for PVE but every once and awhile you swap guns only to realize it's not firing because the turbo feature isn't compatible with that gun. Nothing like trying to fire a gun in a raid and realizing it won't due to the turbo.

There is also a button in the back to slow down the speed of your reticle as you aim or try to quick scope. I've never even attempted to use this button besides just testing it out. It will slow down the speed so the shot can come easier but it just seems extremely cheap imo so I haven't bothered with it.

The cord can be annoying if playing in a common area and some people dislike the no headjack but it works fine with my Gold Headset.

Thats the one I ordered. For me i am not really looking for it as a fps controller, but as a trophy hunting controller for games where you have to mash buttons at an unbelievable rate, such as with the Test Your Might mode in Mortal Kombat X, FF8 summon boosts or GTA 5 triathalons (That killed me). it is not going to be a full time controller, but one that comes out when i need the turbo feature.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Rumor going around right now by Damien Thong (who predicted release dates for the Slim, Pro, etc), that the PS5 is slated to release in 2nd part of 2018.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Rev2 demo is free for people with PS+.

The Prey demo seems kinda bad?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
eh, even if that is dead on the money, its hard to be upset. The ps4 has developed a fantastic library that I've yet to even touch and the reality is these jaguar CPUs are laptop/tablet CPUs and have been a massive bottleneck this gen. Just cause 3 still dips to like 15 fps on ps4 any time there's any action on screen. They're going to have to deal with it eventually.

I think part of the reason the ps3 and 360 gen lasted a relatively long time for console (7 or 8 years) had something to do with the housing bubble. They couldnt push out a new 500 dollar product in the middle of a recession. I could be wrong though.

Either way. It'll be at least 2020 before I would pick up a ps5 and I doneben expect their library to fully develop before 2021.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Seriously give it another year or two. Let this generation at least come close to the og Xbox and ps2.

The next gen should start at 2020-2021.

Xbox was only out for like 4. You guys are overestimating console life cycles it can be Longer but it can also be on the shorter end. GPU tech has come along pretty quickly

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'd say it's going to be 2019 for the PS5. Two reasons, one, it will be 6 full years from the original PS4 and also 3 years since the Pro. And two, it's the 25th anniversary. What a big anniversary not to have something like that.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Don't really care what happens for future console generations as long as all physical and digital content is backwards compatible from now on.

MS and Sony both wanting to have a shorter cycle this time around is unsurprising since they were both too conservative from a technical perspective with the PS4 and One. Then 4K and VR happened mid-cycle when they were already under powered.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I mean if the PS5 has backwards capabilities and allows us to play/keep/re-download the digital library we have then thats a big plus and reason I'd upgrade.

If not I could see myself waiting a year before buying it. I waited a little over a year to get the PS4. I don't usually have too many games to play for each gen so I wouldn't be stuck waiting trying to catch up on games.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
PS4 took a good year + to get a solid library going, I would think the same happens to PS5. Hell year 6 is probably the best year its had with exclusives and games in general coming out for it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Xbox was only out for like 4. You guys are overestimating console life cycles it can be Longer but it can also be on the shorter end. GPU tech has come along pretty quickly

Nothing really happened until 2015. 2015-2020 is a perfect time frame. I don't want them to last 20000 years but I don't want them to last like 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00