Winnipeg Jets | FKD4PL
Kiss | brelyt
The Merchant | Xandet

Last edited by a moderator:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Mighty No 9?

Those new controllers look like Xbox One controllers - which intrigues me since I love the Xbox One controller.

However, I need wireless. Well..."need"...I really prefer wireless. I using a docking station to keep them charged.

Love potion #9?

I'm so happy that I got the new hard drive for the Pro. Can't wait to use it :).

I'm still eyeballing the Pro. AC wireless and SATA 3 is a great start, but not enough for me to consider dropping the cash. If it can churn out higher frame rates, I think it'd be worth it for me personally. I really like my games to be smooth.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It should churn out higher frame rates, there is no reason why it won't. Hell, some games are actually going to be running at 4K on the system. I think even ESO is going to run at 4K. Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and others are going to be able to run at 4K. I would think they would allow you to run it at 1080p 60FPS then.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
It should churn out higher frame rates, there is no reason why it won't. Hell, some games are actually going to be running at 4K on the system. I think even ESO is going to run at 4K. Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and others are going to be able to run at 4K. I would think they would allow you to run it at 1080p 60FPS then.

That's 4K/30FPS upscaled, right? Rendered would be a very impressive feat for a $500 system.

I know I read Rise of the Tomb Raider will have 1080p/60 functionality, but that not all will be able to hit the mark. If that becomes common enough, I'm probably upgrading. It's an improvement that is likely not worth the cost for a lot of people, but the jump from 30 to 60 would be worth it for me personally.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Anyone play Return to Arkham yet? Is it actually a remaster that's worthwhile or wait for bargain bin?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So PlayStation is gonna have a controller like Xbox now right? Joysticks in the same place?

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Anyone play Return to Arkham yet? Is it actually a remaster that's worthwhile or wait for bargain bin?

If you aren't a massive Arkham fan like I am I would just wait. The remaster has brightened a lot of the faces and environments in the 2 games and that's the opposite of what you want in a Batman game. You want dark and gritty not bright and smooth. Anyways it's a good deal if you have yet to play any of them because Asylum+City are BY FAR the best in the series AINEC.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Oh yeah I love the Arkham games even Origins which got blasted but I don't see why.

Just not sure about the remaster, given how many times I still play the originals. I'll wait it out not hearing good things with the lighting but still want it just probably not at full price

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
That controller looks horrendous. It's so bulky and ugly. What's wrong with the DS4? It's probably my favorite controller ever.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
That controller looks horrendous. It's so bulky and ugly. What's wrong with the DS4? It's probably my favorite controller ever.

They are the most fragile version of a playstation controller yet. I have gone through as many controllers on my PS4 in the 2 years that I have owned one then the entire life of my PS3.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

More buttons.

Depending on the price I would rather get a SCUF than one of these. Just need the DS4 with paddles.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
They are the most fragile version of a playstation controller yet. I have gone through as many controllers on my PS4 in the 2 years that I have owned one then the entire life of my PS3.

I've heard that complaint, but never really experienced it outside of the rubber on the analog stick peeling off.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008

True. The DS3s felt fragile, but held together surprisingly well.

I've heard that complaint, but never really experienced it outside of the rubber on the analog stick peeling off.

Me too, which is super annoying.

I have friends who've gone through several. Triggers and analog sticks seem a common failure.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
I guess I just don't get what some people are doing to their controllers. I've never had a DS3 or a DS4 break. Are you people throwing them across the room, or slamming them into tables or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad