Post-Game Talk: Someone put potatoes in our pants. Habs lose 3-0 to Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Montreal took Beaulieu in that 2011 Kucherov draft,It was a great pick for Tampon as he went well into the 2nd round.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Damn lol. Drouin was bad though and he probably cost them the game against the Preds. Julien is also a veteran coach, he knows who he can call out by name and who can't.

Drouin's dumb turnover on a change for freebie breakaway would steam any coach.

Reactions: JianYang

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Not just Danault and Drouin, but Weise didn't shown enough restraint and took a stupid penalty, so obvious right in front of the ref. They've got to learn to keep their emotions in check and get the other guy when the scoreboard allows it.

I agree about Weise, that was an idiotic penalty to take but game was already over, no way Habs were coming back the way they and TB played in the 3rd.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Naaaah. If a guy has term and fits a need make the move, but don't trade for guys who are UFA's. Terrible idea. And I am probably higher on this Habs team then a lot here. Just ride it out.

If a trade for a player with term who fills a need, is available now -- then take it. If not, boot it forward to the summer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Canes had an easy schedule lately and the Habs had a really hard one.

Yes and they have more easy ones this month but still they won 16 of their last 20, going 16-3-1.

Since 12-31 - W vs phi, W vs phi, W vs jackets, W vs Ott, W vs NYI, L vs TB, W vs Buf, W vs Nash, L vs NYR, L vs Ott, W vs Edm, OTL vs Flames, W vs Nucks, W vs Vegas, L vs Flames, W vs Pitt, W vs Sabers, W vs NYR, L vs NJ, W vs Ott, W vs Edm, W vs Dal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree about Weise, that was an idiotic penalty to take but game was already over, no way Habs were coming back the way they and TB played in the 3rd.

I think they were behind 0-2 at that point. I know the odds of a comeback were slim but there were still some 7 or 8 minutes in the period at the time.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I saw Julien's post-game presser and he usually doesn't call out any player following a loss. But tonight he did. He named Drouin.

I mean it was the 3rd game in a row where a stupid neutral zone pass by Drouin led to a goal against.

Julien is right to call him out. Enough is enough already. He's not scoring and is hurting the team defensively.

murray

Oct 6, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Man, I hate this game.

The goals against us were all just bonkers shots. No blaming Price there.

Drouin, though...man. How can you go from that Jets game last week to this? That giveaway and subsequent non-effort on the backcheck was absolute dogs#!t. Eff that guy. I can’t believe that horrible effort.

Apr 28, 2010
Montreal took Beaulieu in that 2011 Kucherov draft,It was a great pick for Tampon as he went well into the 2nd round.

Yeah.. gotta give Tampa a lot of credit for drafting Kucherov in the second round. I googled some mock drafts only to see him in 3rd to even 6th round.

But lots of team missed out on him. **** happens. Tampa even drafted Namestnikov first before Kucherov..

Reactions: Oryxo

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I think they were behind 0-2 at that point. I know the odds of a comeback were slim but there were still some 7 or 8 minutes in the period at the time.

Yes there's no excuse for that penalty regardless of the score or time left in the game, showed poor discipline from Weise and made him look foolish.

Reactions: Runner77

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Yeah.. gotta give Tampa a lot of credit for drafting Kucherov in the second round. I googled some mock drafts only to see him in 3rd to even 6th round.

But lots of team missed out on him. **** happens. Tampa even drafted Namestnikov first before Kucherov..
Yes I noticed they took Namestnikov first...funny how it all works out in the end.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
The way it sits right now,I can't see anyone beating this Tampon Bay team for the cup.They have the best goalie and best forwards in hockey along with one of the best defense.They are playing like hockey robots right now.Almost not human.They need to be checked for performance enhancing drugs.Chewy Cooper seems sly and slippery enough to help pull that off.

Reactions: the

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Obviously you didn't get me. I didn't say anything about Weise. I'm talking about ultra-negative, whiney Habs fans who always take the opportunity to crap on players when they're down the disappear when they have a good game.

Where are all the ass-hats that were crapping all over Danault earlier this season when he only had 2 goals? Where are they now?
No idea, I've never crapped on Danault for more than a bad game.

So if I go through your message history, you're going to be positive about every player all the time?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So you expect the entire league to look at Tampa and say

1) they are going to kill us
2) let's just roll over and take it?

Right now no team stacks up against them straight up.

So you don't play em straigh up. If you lose you are no worse off. If you get them to not play to their strengths, you have a chance.

It's a physical and at times violent game. Plenty of opportunities to test an opponents resolve. Plenty

Yeah, I'm just talking about taking the law into your own hands.

Like I said, a Washington style team probably has the best chance.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The way it sits right now,I can't see anyone beating this Tampon Bay team for the cup.They have the best goalie and best forwards in hockey along with one of the best defense.They are playing like hockey robots right now.Almost not human.They need to be checked for performance enhancing drugs.Chewy Cooper seems sly and slippery enough to help pull that off.

This team is unreal, people were excited when we were tied during the 2nd period but little did they know that Tampa would destroyed us any minute. They normally pick up the pace in the 3rd and like predicted they destroyed us.

You want to make the playoffs? That’s fine but stay the f*** away from Tampa Bay.

We aren’t in their league and we might never be.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Damn lol. Drouin was bad though and he probably cost them the game against the Preds. Julien is also a veteran coach, he knows who he can call out by name and who can't.

When you’re turning the puck over multiple times in multiple tight games causing goals against, he doesn’t care who can take it and who can’t, he’s going to call you out by name regardless. Drouin has been pathetic offensively and defensively the last couple of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad