Post-Game Talk: Someone buy the video review dude a beer. Habs win 2-1 vs Arizona

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Hudon deserves to stay in the lineup
I would move Byron or Lehkonen to the 4th line. Byron is the kind of player that will still be very effective playing there unlike Hudon.
If Peca is there too, thats 2 speedster on the same line, which could do some damage.

Reactions: Toligwen

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Rewatching the game, I was reminded how happy I am that Pacioretty is no longer on our team. No compete, mostly float, no energy. The team is so much more entertaining to watch without him.

Great win! Price moving up the goaltending standings in all categories. Nice to see him back to where his game should be. Give me 8 more years of this :)

Reactions: Habs Icing

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Rewatching the game, I was reminded how happy I am that Pacioretty is no longer on our team. No compete, mostly float, no energy. The team is so much more entertaining to watch without him.

Great win! Price moving up the goaltending standings in all categories. Nice to see him back to where his game should be. Give me 8 more years of this :)
It usually is, but this particular game had little entertainment value. Glad I saw it for free from the comfort of my home.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Does JD have a stipulation in his contract to be on the ice with a chance for an ENG? The Patioready Clause

He’s the last player I’d pick to be on the ice

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I dont miss Patches one bit, never wanted him as a Captain, that was a terrible mistake. Happy he's gone.
But I find the 12-13 team was more entertaining.

Reactions: Bacchus1

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't think I've seen a team lose an offside challenge, ever since they instituted a minor penalty for losing the challenge.

Coaches don't attempt these challenges unless they are sure it's being called back, it seems.
Nice catch by the guys..........we tend to miss those most times. It kinda looked offside from the TV angle, but we couldn't tell for sure, because the player, and his stick seemed to block it. Nice to have some lady luck for a change...

Once again we made a goalie look amazing....he hadn't played in two months, and he looked like Hasek last night. Nice to get the two points and now a break.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
Games in hand and all that, but the Habs sit 4th in the conference at the All Star break. Right with the "mighty" Leafs and ahead of the Bruins, Caps and Pens. Nobody could have saw that coming.
And yet according to the mainboard:
  • For us it's a fluke
  • The Leafs aren't at their best
  • All of them will make the playoffs but not us

At least that's what I imagine they're saying. I made it up but from experience, I'm sure it's accurate.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
  • For us it's a fluke

At least that's what I imagine they're saying. I made it up but from experience, I'm sure it's accurate.

Pretty much. They just switch from one narrative to another.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Nice catch by the guys..........we tend to miss those most times. It kinda looked offside from the TV angle, but we couldn't tell for sure, because the player, and his stick seemed to block it. Nice to have some lady luck for a change...

Once again we made a goalie look amazing....he hadn't played in two months, and he looked like Hasek last night. Nice to get the two points and now a break.
Credit has to be given, we upgraded the peripherals of the organizations a lot since last year.
Starting by the assistants, Going from the league worst JJD and Lacroix to luke and ducharmes two top young mind.
Also AHL coaching, from worst coach in any league to one of the top mind and teachers to come. And he is from quebec to boot. If in doubt , look what alzner and mete said about him.
I honestly think, he is the single most important piece of the organization going forward.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Hudon deserves to stay in the lineup
I would move Byron or Lehkonen to the 4th line. Byron is the kind of player that will still be very effective playing there unlike Hudon.
If Peca is there too, thats 2 speedster on the same line, which could do some damage.

Byron is also more effective than Hudon as a 3rd liner....and seriously, if there's one thing that kept bugging me with Hudon is the tendency to take bad penalty in the offensive zone and he did it again last night. So i won't move a guy like Lehkonen or Byron to make place for a guy who can't get on the board offensively and keep taking bad penalty.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
  • For us it's a fluke

Why do you go to the mainboard to read this? There are plenty of Hab fans right in this forum that will tell you the same thing and worse.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's getting to be a familiar theme on AC now.

It started with Gaston Therrien a couple of weeks ago, then Damphousse joined and now Carbonneau -- all of them with the same refrain. "I know that Marc said he wouldn't make major moves at the deadline but ...".

They're all pining for rentals. These guys are totally on board to derail the track we've been on.

Playoff revenues and the boss' lap dogs.

Reactions: Runner77

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I guess the mainboards has switched the narrative back from "Price is terrible" to "Price is carrying the Habs" again.

Never change, mainboards.

Well.. at least from my perspective I don't think its entirely wrong.... Our goalies are playing very well right now.. Esp price.

however they cant score goals so its not solely the Montreal Carey Prices.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Luckily, the City of Montreal's solution is quite simple:

Anyone who encounters a coyote, which can be the size of a German Shepherd, should yell and wave their arms to appear larger. Do not turn and run, as this can trigger a coyote’s prey instinct.

Montreal to deploy scare teams to shoo away urban coyotes

This is Montreal's solution to dealing with killer animals that hunt kids?? wow

More brilliant ideas from the Plateau.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Byron is also more effective than Hudon as a 3rd liner....and seriously, if there's one thing that kept bugging me with Hudon is the tendency to take bad penalty in the offensive zone and he did it again last night. So i won't move a guy like Lehkonen or Byron to make place for a guy who can't get on the board offensively and keep taking bad penalty.
I agree on the penalties, but lets be fair, yesterday he was the one being held, and still got the penalty

Reactions: Toligwen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad