Post-Game Talk: Someone buy the video review dude a beer. Habs win 2-1 vs Arizona

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lehkonen would be in the press box a few games when Byron and Shaw are back. I love him but he needs to realize that he needs to be better then that, hes got alot more to offer offensively but a little bit like Danault, at time, he seems to be satified with being responsible defensively.

I find it hard to criticize Lehkonen, because his work rate is right up there with Gallagher, but yeah, there are some plays that I hate, like that terrible clearing attempt before the yotes first goal.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
ARZ was 6-1-2 in there last 9. I think 5-1 in there last 6 road games.

Sure they aren't the most talented team, but they have been one of the hottest teams in the league.

Now if we can get Shaw and Byron back and keep Armia in the line up and things are going to be looking pretty pretty good.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The love he gets is even weirder

What are you talking about he only gets mentionned by the same people that bashed him when he was in Montreal. If he doesn't get brought up to be compared with Domi (to prop up Domi) he isn't brought up at all.

We can enjoy our new players without pretending our previous players are all worthless garbage.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
What are you talking about he only gets mentionned by the same people that bashed him when he was in Montreal. If he doesn't get brought up to be compared with Domi (to prop up Domi) he isn't brought up at all.
He was called clutch tonight. Might have been the most ridiculous post of the year so far.
A guy who did nothing tonight and has 8 goals shouldn’t have the word clutch attached to his name.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If that clip was shot this season, he's still got it -- although we all could have done without the Euro-trash music accompanying it, lol.

So long as he's willing to give up his number 13, he would be a fine addition and shouldn't cost much.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Obviously he is not what he was 5-6 years ago but he would still be a great asset if used properly.
Used properly how? To get the senior discount on the road?

He would start at 41 years old. 41!
Was he great at one time ? Yes
Is that time now?
No, no its not.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I find it hard to criticize Lehkonen, because his work rate is right up there with Gallagher, but yeah, there are some plays that I hate, like that terrible clearing attempt before the yotes first goal.

Yeah, im with you on the fact that his effort level is great, but hes been creating pretty much nothing the last 10-15 games and guys need to realize thats a 2 way game, being responsible defensively is not enough, you need to produce offensively.

I found it very interesting at the beginning of the year when i was watching a Wild’s game and the coach said that Joel Ericksson Ek was a healthy scratch because he wasnt creating enough offensively. I think the habs needs to start taking decisions like that to make players accountable at both end of the ice, not putting all the emphasis on defense.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
If that clip was shot this season, he's still got it -- although we all could have done without the Euro-trash music accompanying it, lol.

So long as he's willing to give up his number 13, he would be a fine addition and shouldn't cost much.

Having a future hall of famer put on a Habs jersey in his twilight years isn't enticing enough to take away time from a younger player. I don't see how the Habs benefit from a a 41 year old Datsyuk , unless Habs are missing a high end veteran player but even at that I think we are ok with our current vets and continue the course with the youth movement.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Used properly how? To get the senior discount on the road?

He would start at 41 years old. 41!
Was he great at one time ? Yes
Is that time now?
No, no its not.
Dwight King
Andreas Martinsen
Steve Ott
Brian Flynn
Mark Streit
Chaput
DLO
D'Agostino (I got bored and stopped)
Most of these guys were never considered good let alone great at any time in their careers but hey, they got a shot here. Relax man, we won't sign Datsyuk.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Having a future hall of famer put on a Habs jersey in his twilight years isn't enticing enough to take away time from a younger player. I don't see how the Habs benefit from a a 41 year old Datsyuk , unless Habs are missing a high end veteran player but even at that I think we are ok with our current vets and continue the course with the youth movement.

I wasn't looking at anything beyond this season. I'm with you on the 41 year old thing but sometimes there is the odd player who is uniquely well-preserved. He'd cost practically nothing and would be worth it if that second clip represents what he can still do now.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
ANYONE SAYING A 40 YEAR OLD WOULD BE A NO USE IS NUTS...it's Datsyuk your talking about....not a slug...

he's always great on the PP...Montreal is awful...
Even at 40 he would make our PP way better period...

Look up his stats...he got 918 career points about 330 of those were on the Power Play...

Reactions: OldCraig71

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

While his work effort and two-way play are nice, the Habs already have Danault, Byron, Armia, Shaw and the entire 4th line that are better defensively than they are offensively. Lehkonen is redundant and can fetch an actual offensive winger or a LD in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad