LeBrun: Some teams are interested in Edmundson

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
He is injury prone, but not bad by any means, he is a great stay at home D able to eat minutes when healthy, on a good contract. Needs a puck mover next to him though.

Hasn t Kulak been good for EDM ?

Agree that Edmundson is not a bad dman.

Kulak has been solid for the Oil. Difference is.. Kulak is not as “aged”(not actual age but wear and tear), didn’t cost the rumoured ask of a first rounder and he’s $750K cheaper.

GreatDayforHockey

Jul 21, 2022
I believe a deal with Arizona fell through ........Arizona wanted a 2nd round pick to take on his contract but habs would only give a 3rd. They may revisit at the Draft.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Lol habs fans spent all year telling everyone they would get 1sts for Edmundson, Monahan, Anderson etc.

Did montreal even make a single trade before the deadline, nobody wants their players lmao
Monahan is the only UFA, and he was injured, so I fail to see your point? Edmundson is also injured, but has 1 more year left.

They could still get 1st round picks for Edmundson and Anderson next year.

They got a 2nd for frickin Kulak, I understand them to be greedy and confident.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Um both players suffered major injuries keeping them out for like 20 straight games?
Ya major injuries killed what ever value they had.
The usual suspects won't take that into consideration. Their are in this thread for one reason.

Well, montreal and Edmonton isnt really great tradepartners.
I never claimed they were.

What about Tampa? Myers and 2025 2nd for Edmundson (1M retained).
I would consider it.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
What happened to all those first round picks going to Montreal for Anderson, Edmundson and Monahan?!?!? I was told for months the habs were getting an insane amount of draft capital back for these players.

Two are injured - you’re not exactly demonstrating a deep level of insight here.

That Chiarot trade rotted their minds I fear.
was Chiarot injured or are you just spewing garbage?

Reactions: pth2

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
He is injury prone, but not bad by any means, he is a great stay at home D able to eat minutes when healthy, on a good contract. Needs a puck mover next to him though.

Hasn t Kulak been good for EDM ?
Stay-at-home d-men are somewhat, by definition, bad in today's NHL, especially when they aren't even that great in their own zone. He was "acceptable" in his first year with Montreal, but he's sucked big time defensively for the past 2 years. Injuries don't help for sure, but that's how he's been lately when he does play. He struggles to follow play, break up plays, and plays relatively passively overall, hence getting hemmed in his zone quite often. He's basically a pylon on opponents rush attacks.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Habs got a free 1st for taking Monahan and people think they're dunking on the Habs by bringing him up?
Nah he's dead weight like everyone knew, they would have paid a 1st to anyone willing to waste their space on him.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Glad it was us! Didn't hurt us at all lol.

But sure take it as a L for the Habs if you want
No not an L, just tried to say he's worth nothing and won't be moved for further value, which is obvious now since he's expiring

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Edmundson made his tearful pitch in the media yesterday that he loved Montreal, the team and didn't want to be traded.
That being said, I'm sure Hughes made him available but didn't like the return. The injury to Barron didn't help.
There are reports Hughes was still holding out for a 1st for him. Whatever.
Hopefully he gets healthy and then will probably be available next deadline with he's a UFA-to-be

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Context is an important thing when trying to make an argument, but you’re only looking to score cheap “likes” from the peanut gallery.
This is well deserved after the abuse I took for suggesting exactly what has transpired. Maybe some accountability from the posters that felt the need to talk down to anyone that didn't agree with their asinine takes.

Reactions: Huffer

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This is well deserved after the abuse I took for suggesting exactly what has transpired. Maybe some accountability from the posters that felt the need to talk down to anyone that didn't agree with their asinine takes.
Yours were and are idiocy. No one said players like Edmundson or Anderson would actually get traded. Just that a 1st is what it would take to get them. They aren't going for nothing like Klingberg.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Glad it was us! Didn't hurt us at all lol.

But sure take it as a L for the Habs if you want
It was smart of Montreal to take on Monahan and get a nice pick out of it.

But I think the Habs fans that insisted that Monahan would get another 1st at the deadline this year for him and laughed at those who were skeptical deserve to be dunked on.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It was smart of Montreal to take on Monahan and get a nice pick out of it.

But I think the Habs fans that insisted that Monahan would get another 1st at the deadline this year for him and laughed at those who were skeptical deserve to be dunked on.

Literally nobody thought Monahan would return a 1st at this point, not since his injury

And the dude is saying Montreal would have happily traded a 1st to be out of his salary, which is one of the worst takes I've ever seen.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad