LeBrun: Some teams are interested in Edmundson

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
2nd or 3rd round pick will be the price OR I could see a conditionnal 1st based on how many games he will play this year

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
2nd or 3rd round pick will be the price OR I could see a conditionnal 1st based on how many games he will play this year

1677815921009.gif

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Edmundson was very solid during the playoff run when the Habs got to the cup final, but he has been somewhat struggling ever since. Being in and out of the lineup due to injury is probably one of the main reason why he hasn't been able to find his game back. If they can't at least get a 2nd for him, I have a feeling they rather wait for next year hoping his value will increase.

Reactions: JustAHabFan

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Similar to Price and Weber, where it essentially ended their respective careers, that long playoff run took a lot out of Edmundson. I don't know how much is left in the tank now.

If he's right, he's an old school physical, mean defenseman, that can pair well with a more offensive minded guy. If he's not right, well he doesn't add much.

I like the guy and hope he's able to get back to being fully healthy over the summer.

I don't think he's moved this year, unless the Habs get a really solid offer.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Calgary needs to address their goaltending. If they get average netminding this is a playoff team. Flames have got .843% netminding since the all-star break.

Montreal has 2 goalies in top 20 with saves above average. Nobody does know them because they are playing behind 5 rookies on defense. Which is totally unheard of in today's NHL.

I can see Calgary interested in Edmunston. But this should be a larger trade.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Edmunston & Gally to ‘somewhere’ for FCs, ‘somewhere’ trades Gally and a pick to Arizona, Habs clear cap space, we don’t need anymore draft picks

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Edmunston & Gally to ‘somewhere’ for FCs, ‘somewhere’ trades Gally and a pick to Arizona, Habs clear cap space, we don’t need anymore draft picks
That s true I mean who needs a 1C, 1RD, starting goalie… saying the Habs don’t need more prospects is overvaluing the existing prospect pool

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Edmundson is bad and injury prone but ok
Injury prone yes bad no, scandella got a 2nd a couple times at deadlines. Edmunson is actually skilled in a lot of different areas. Perfect top 4.

But can’t stay healthy and that makes it hard to justify a 1st for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad