LeBrun: Some teams are interested in Edmundson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yours were and are idiocy. No one said players like Edmundson or Anderson would actually get traded. Just that a 1st is what it would take to get them. They aren't going for nothing like Klingberg.
Lol there it is! There are literally hundreds of pages of text saying they would be traded or are worth that much. Stay classy though, more of the same behaviour from Montreal fans. Cant even admit when you're wrong. But have to turn to insults like before.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
This is well deserved after the abuse I took for suggesting exactly what has transpired. Maybe some accountability from the posters that felt the need to talk down to anyone that didn't agree with their asinine takes.

But they are injured? How can you sit there and gloat when you don’t even know what they would be worth on the market if they were healthy?

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
But they are injured? How can you sit there and gloat when you don’t even know what they would be worth on the market if they were healthy?
Edmondson just played... Anderson is Healthy.... The main argument I had the entire time was that the reason Montreal did so well acquiring Monahan was that he was injured. That due to those injury issues he wouldnt be returning anything major. I was told I was wrong, that he had comparable value to ROR. That their injury was the same etc etc. I couldnt wrap my head around the concept that so many posters couldnt understand the very reason they were given a 1st rounder to take him was the same reason why he was worth very little to nothing.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Edmondson just played... Anderson is Healthy.... The main argument I had the entire time was that the reason Montreal did so well acquiring Monahan was that he was injured. That due to those injury issues he wouldnt be returning anything major. I was told I was wrong, that he had comparable value to ROR. That their injury was the same etc etc. I couldnt wrap my head around the concept that so many posters couldnt understand the very reason they were given a 1st rounder to take him was the same reason why he was worth very little to nothing.

I can't wrap my head around how you don't understand that there's a big difference between having had injuries in a previous season and being currently injured without a timeline to return.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Shitty TDL for Montreal. Nothing prominent, nothing good.
They could probably have gotten something of interest for Anderson, Dvorak, Savard or Matheson... but the idea isn't to just do well in trades, it's to build a winner long-term, and you need veterans to do that, keep the team competitve while the kids grow into their roles.

Reactions: Enniskillen

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It was smart of Montreal to take on Monahan and get a nice pick out of it.

But I think the Habs fans that insisted that Monahan would get another 1st at the deadline this year for him and laughed at those who were skeptical deserve to be dunked on.
Circumstances changed. Monahan went from playing well as a 50 ish point center to being injured.

Given his history, you could say you knew the injury was coming. Thats fair. I think, in the interest of being fair, we can recognize that if he remained healthy, he likely would have been tradeable and desirable for a contender.

Shitty TDL for Montreal. Nothing prominent, nothing good.
Nothing really good to sell.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Circumstances changed. Monahan went from playing well as a 50 ish point center to being injured.

Given his history, you could say you knew the injury was coming. Thats fair. I think, in the interest of being fair, we can recognize that if he remained healthy, he likely would have been tradeable and desirable for a contender.

Nothing really good to sell.
That’s exactly the point. If Monahan didn’t have a history of debilitating injuries, Calgary may not even have given him up.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
They could probably have gotten something of interest for Anderson, Dvorak, Savard or Matheson... but the idea isn't to just do well in trades, it's to build a winner long-term, and you need veterans to do that, keep the team competitve while the kids grow into their roles.

You also need to retain on most deadline deals and Montreal likely doesn’t want to eat a few million on Anderson (for example) for 4 more years after this one just to say they did something. Just wait until players are on expiring deals. You move Hoffman and Edmundson next year at the deadline, and Dvorak and Savard the following.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You also need to retain on most deadline deals and Montreal likely doesn’t want to eat a few million on Anderson (for example) for 4 more years after this one just to say they did something. Just wait until players are on expiring deals. You move Hoffman and Edmundson next year at the deadline, and Dvorak and Savard the following.
I think don’t think Anderson is moving at all. As for Edmundson, he’s likely gone between the draft or TDL next year. I won’t even bother with Hoffman.

One I could see getting moved at the draft is Dvorak. In his prime, good 3C who can play a bit in the top 6 when there’s injuries. He’s the perfect support player for a deep contending team

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Literally nobody thought Monahan would return a 1st at this point, not since his injury

And the dude is saying Montreal would have happily traded a 1st to be out of his salary, which is one of the worst takes I've ever seen.
That is not true. Well after his injury, there were Habs fans saying he might still get a (conditional) first. But in some of these discussions there were also several sensible Habs fans saying “Habs fans don’t share the same brain” and they’re the ones who would say he’s not going to get a first.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Because of his contract, Anderson is a player that you trade summer time. I have no doubt Montreal will trade him down the road but now isnt the time.

Monahan they might bring him back for another year and try to capitalize on him next trade deadline.

Edmundston same but I would prefer they trade him this summer to make room for the kids

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I can't wrap my head around how you don't understand that there's a big difference between having had injuries in a previous season and being currently injured without a timeline to return.
Just take the L. You guys were all wrong. Reason no one wanted Monahan at any point healthy or projected to come back was because his injury history. You did great getting a first to take him. Why do you need to be so greedy. Just use some deductive reasoning.

Because of his contract, Anderson is a player that you trade summer time. I have no doubt Montreal will trade him down the road but now isnt the time.

Monahan they might bring him back for another year and try to capitalize on him next trade deadline.

Edmundston same but I would prefer they trade him this summer to make room for the kids
When the cap goes up assuming Anderson continues to keep this level of play and can stay healthy he will have value. He just doesnt right now with how much term he has and the flat cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad