Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The German U19s will face England's today.

Sieb looks a lot more engaged today, and our pressing is really messing with the english U19s...having forced a few turnovers in their own third already. Semic has had some good scenes already as well...looks like they didn't keep their shirt #s from the last one, so #2 today isn't Semic but is instead Mainz's Keanu Kraft. Brandt's younger bro Jacha has shown some nice flashes so far.

Ooph, a deflection on a Gürpüz shot almost falls to Amyn for the 1-0 but an english player blocked it out for the corner at the last moment.

Not loving what I've seen of Günther at LB these past two games.
...or Rosenfelder at CB; Arrey-Mbi has had to clean up for him a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England have been doing a lot better the past few minutes. Edozie showing some nice explosiveness, Jebbison regularly looking dangerous, and Liverpool's James Norris flashing some very quick feet. Humphreys has looked interesting as well, england's build-up play often ends up having to go through him to avoid our press & get anywhere...though Sieb has caused him some issues that he's just about gotten away with.

This is turning into a fun game...Jacha definitely has some Julian to his passing vision/creativity & ability to look like he's not doing anything with the ball while he waits for a run to develop.

Amyn is having a lot more trouble with England's size & athleticism than he did switzerland's, but is still having a good showing...right as I write that two english players pressed him successfully to create england's first half-chance :laugh:

Jonas Urbig is very impressive with the ball at his feet; not just for a u19 keeper. Two footed, he's shown some dribbling ability under pressure, and is playing excellent long passes into the midfield. Really hope he doesn't suck at the other parts of goalkeeping lol...seems an aggressive sweeper from the look of things.

Günther is getting forward more, but I still don't like his passing/crossing, touch/dribbling, or defensive instincts...and Kraft is looking so much better on the right; really strong performance from the Mainzer.

I knew it would happen one day...but I just watched Arrey-Mbi get beat for the first time, Edozie just got around him to play a pass to the middle that resulted in a toothless shot for Urbig to collect. Arrey-Mbi is just so good at cutting attacks out *drools*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun half. We controlled the opening ~15 minutes but couldn't capitalize. Over the next ~10 england grew into the game and came out of the water break with a period of ascendancy, before the last 10 minutes were more open. We had the stronger period of ascendancy and seemed to be getting the better of them during the open period, but the kids need to finish off some of these attacking movements.

Rhein & Arrey-Mbi were both excellent...Sieb has been just as good, but as a forward he bares more responsibility for us still not having scored. After those 3, I was most impressed by Brandt, Kraft, Urbig & Amyn...though the little iraqi-german has had a tougher time with the english physicality and hasn't been quite as impressive as Sieb or Brandt.

Gürpüz had some really nice moments, especially early in the game, and seems like a good presser, but all in all, he has been pretty anonymous again...there's definitely talent there, but I want to see more from him. Kesik & Rosenfelder have been mediocre-to-poor, not really much to add.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Amyn heard me doubting him & decided to dance through 4-5 english defenders like it was nothing...

Kraft with his first mistake puts Rosenfelder under pressure, which he managed to deal with without Arrey-Mbi's help.

Armindo Sieb with a nasty bicycle kick to bury the opener right before the teams each made like 5 changes...that's certainly one way to secure the standout of the match for himself :eek:

2minutes after Arrey-Mbi came off, England equalized...just sayin'...

Viktoria Köln's Youssef Amyn almost connected on another bicycle kick, this time with Sieb delivering the ball into the box. Amyn seems to have figured out how to deal with England's strength & physicality, he's been phenomenal in this 2nd half.

Castrop has looked really good since coming on, while Andresen has looked good going forward...though he's gotten burned badly going the other way once or twice...and Rosenfelder looks better as well; can't tell if that's just because Arrey-Mbi isn't there to make him looks worse by comparison or if he's actually playing better without that safety net.

wtf was that from Shoretire? That could've been a red in a competitive match.

After those two matches Youssef Amyn is my standout performer. Rhein & Arrey-Mbi were excellent too, and in this match, Armindo Sieb was the star of the show, but Amyn was fantastic against the swiss & in the second half today...even while he was struggling to adjust to england's strength, he almost opened the scoring just 5 or 6 minutes into the match. The tiny attacker has quick feet, is very crafty in tight spaces, works hard to receive the ball in good spots, and is constantly hunting for creative solutions...I might have to try to check out some 3rd league matches this season despite BayernII having been relegated...

Rhein & Arrey-Mbi, I've gushed about before. Neither's the finished product, but I just adore watching them at youth levels. Watching Rhein is pretty much what it was like watching Kimmich at the youth level...tiny, crafty, skilled, and intensely combative; "that clever little s***" is pretty much the perfect description for both. Now the question is if Rhein will be able to polish his skillset & develop his body as effectively as Kimmich did, because there's still a long ways to go for him...both physically & technically.

And against the ball Arrey-Mbi has everything you could want other than freakish size; he's incredibly quick and uses his reading of the game to defend extremely proactively. While he's good on the ball and can deliver excellent long passes, that is the part of his game that needs the most polish still; as he's just not as automatic with those longballs as he will need to be at the top level, yet.

After those three I was most impressed with Armindo Sieb, Jacha Brandt, Jens Castrop, Keanu Kraft, Lion Semic, Jonas Urbig and Bent Andresen...with Lütke-Fries & Gürpüz just missing the cut; the former because he gives me a lot of the same vibes that Passlack did and it's always hard to predict someone elevating their skill level the way Hofmann or Neuhaus have, the latter because he has the skillset and just wasn't able to do enough with it in these two matches. If you could merge the best qualities of each one into a single kid, you'd have one hell of a u19 player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
*sigh* there were always rumors about his dedication/ego, but those injuries just crushed him before he had a chance to mature past that.

Will give this a read later
Yeah it’s a shame that his knee was destroyed. Was starting to get more of a look too.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Missed it cause of work, but I'm glad to see the U21s were able to turn around an early defecit and missed pen...Moukoko grabbed his 3rd goal in 2 matches for at that level, and ABK came on for Thiaw again in the 2nd half. Hopefully I can catch a replay and see how Stiller, Krauß & Becker did together; as all 3 have some interesting qualities.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
@YNWA14 @Ajacied

Do you know anything about Isaac Babadi?
Honestly I haven't been plugged into soccer at all since last year basically. Been following on the surface, watching games here and there but I haven't even talked to any of my Dutch friends or the private group I'm in. I could look into it though but can't promise I'll be prompt.

Also sorry just saying because I know I've been tagged in a few posts like this recently and while I'd love to help I just haven't really been in it lately.

Reactions: cgf and Savant

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Watched the Germany v England U19 game. Struggled early with the German press, all three CBs giving the ball away in dangerous positions in the first 15 minutes. Eventually settled and grew into the game. Balagizi had a good chance after Edozie cut across Arrey-Mbi into the box.

Brilliant goal by Sieb but Balagizi missed a header at the near post to clear the corner. Chukwuemeka made an instant impact off the bench driving past the defender into the box to set up Scarlett for 1-1. England nearly went ahead after Oyegoke nutmegged the LB and fired in a cross that hit Rosenfelder then the GK without him knowing much about it. Shoretire was lucky to stay on after a heavy touch led to a bad tackle.

Liked the look of Nile John in CM, quick feet and ability to turn out of traffic and drive forward. England were missing one of their best CBs, Levi Colwill who is with the U21s and CF Liam Delap who I think is recovering from injury. A couple of the talented Arsenal kids, Patino and Hutchinson weren't in the squad either.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Anyone here have anything on Charlie Patino, 17yo CM in Arsenal's academy? He's been talked about a bunch over the past week or so after captaining the U21 team, and he's drawn comparisons to Wilshere from Arsenal scouts. Sounds like he's one to keep an eye on for us, so was wondering if anyone had any feedback.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Anyone here have anything on Charlie Patino, 17yo CM in Arsenal's academy? He's been talked about a bunch over the past week or so after captaining the U21 team, and he's drawn comparisons to Wilshere from Arsenal scouts. Sounds like he's one to keep an eye on for us, so was wondering if anyone had any feedback.

He’s more hyped than Saka and ESR at the same age. 17 and by far the best player for the U23 team so far. Scored this goal yesterday against United. Made Phil Jones and Dean Henderson look like scrubs.

I have only watched highlights of him, but the way he drives with the ball reminds me a bit of Wilshere. He isn’t nearly as physically powerful though and probably not as good as Wilshere at his age. But it seems like he is extremely talented has real good deep lying playmaker abilities. I think Frenkie De Jong is a good comparison.

This Hale End generation really should be hyped more. It’s a golden generation. I probably wouldn’t trade youngsters with any team in the world right now.

Reactions: KJS14

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Extremely impressive BuLi1 debut for Armel Bella Kotchap. Kid was a force in the back for Bochum...like he had been all of last season in BuLi2...and I just love how he wasn't happy with himself after playing it safe with a late clearance & conceding a corner. Really gives the vibe that he won't be content unless he becomes genuinely great; which would be huge for us after the way Süle, Tah & Kehrer stagnated at this level.

The WM will be too soon for him, but if he keeps this up, he'll be starting for us by the 2024 cycle.

He was injured during today's match, maybe a thigh injury. You could see he wasn't able to run properly in the situation where Maolida was given too much room to get his shot off and score. Belle Kotchap was then subbed off.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He was injured during today's match, maybe a thigh injury. You could see he wasn't able to run properly in the situation where Maolida was given too much room to get his shot off and score. Belle Kotchap was then subbed off.

Of course this happened after I had to run out...at least BMG won and Netz got his first start for them, though I haven't watched that one yet

...*sigh* hope ABK's not out for long.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In happier news, Lazar Samardzic scored a nice goal for Udinese on his debut. 10 goals per 90 is pretty legendary, wonder if he'll keep it up?...:sarcasm:

Goal at 2:25

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
cgf you are doing good job with those scouting reports. not to lick your ass too much but some of you guys should get picked by a club as a scout.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
cgf you are doing good job with those scouting reports. not to lick your ass too much but some of you guys should get picked by a club as a scout.

I appreciate the kind words but I have friends who have worked as scouts for certain 1st & 2nd division clubs in germany...thus my affinity for Gladbach & endless respect for Eberl...so I know for a fact that that life is not for me :laugh:

At least not at this point in my life. Maybe a couple of careers from now I'll retire to traveling eastern europe, scouting teenagers lol
The world has enough Draxlers

Facts. May no german prospect ever underachieve their talent as much as Julian has, again! :naughty:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think this is probably Dortmund's best chance to win the Youth League, and I actually think we might have the most talented potential squad in the competition this year. We have a shot most years, but with the talent we have this year it'd be a big shame to not win it.

This is the lineup we could put out at full strength.

---------------------Kirsch-----------------------------
Semic-------Collins---------Coulibaly--------Roethe

--------------Kamara--------Bellingham---------------

Knauff-------------Reyna------------------------Reinier

----------------------Moukoko-----------------------------

Bench: Ostrzinski, Mrosek, Cisse, Walz, Luetke-Frie, Guerpuez, Bynoe-Gittens, Bamba, Rijkhoff, Fink

I didn't even include some of the U23 team players that aren't likely to make it at Dortmund, but could have good pro careers like Thaqi, Bafounta, and Bueno.

We played the first game of the competition today in Turkey, and won 3-2 without probably 7 of our best XI age-eligible players.

@cgf, Sam Bamba is really starting to emerge as a top winger prospect. I had mentioned previously that some think he's going to be better than Bynoe-Gittens, who came from City billed as the next Sancho, and Bamba's taking advantage of the start to this season. Both are great, but Bamba has actually been able to stay on the field, and most reports state he's been the best player for the U-19's so far this season. He scored the first goal in the game against Besiktas today. He may move up to the U23's at midseason.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
[snip]

@cgf, Sam Bamba is really starting to emerge as a top winger prospect. I had mentioned previously that some think he's going to be better than Bynoe-Gittens, who came from City billed as the next Sancho, and Bamba's taking advantage of the start to this season. Both are great, but Bamba has actually been able to stay on the field, and most reports state he's been the best player for the U-19's so far this season. He scored the first goal in the game against Besiktas today. He may move up to the U23's at midseason.

Yeah, Bamba's one I'm curious to see play for myself as it certainly sounds like he's taking great strides for you guys. Would be fun if you guys found a Musiala of your own.

As for that hypothetical youth league squad, Reyna won't actually play for that team, will he? I can see Moukoko getting PT for them with Erling & Malen on the senior team, but won't Reyna be on the senior team until they get bounced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad