Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Don’t know much about him but all reports are that he is one of England’s top 16 year olds. If he is close to Kaide Gordon’s level that’s a hell of a player

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Don’t know much about him but all reports are that he is one of England’s top 16 year olds. If he is close to Kaide Gordon’s level that’s a hell of a player

Kaide Gordon is the name to remember for the future :nod:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bobby Clark sounds like the name of a player that in 75 years people will be talking about as an old time English legend.

I have no clue if he’s any good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just to finish this up before the season starts; I'll add blurbs later

Strikers

Youssoufa Moukoko (’04)
————————
Karim Adeyemi (’02)
Maximilian Beier (’02)
————————
*Malik Tillman* (’02)
Lukas Nmecha (’98)
Florian Krüger (’99)
Nick Woltemade (’02)
Emrehan Gedikli (’03)
*Fiete Arp* (’00)

Moukoko is the top talent, but Adeyemi & Beier are really exciting too. Nmecha has become a good young forward in the mold of a young Volland. I like Krüger a lot too, not sure just what his ceiling is, but he's interesting even if he never becomes senior NT caliber. Of the tier 3 teenagers, Tillman is the most interesting to me if he didn't miss too much time to injuries; good mobility, good size, and very good creativity.

Attackers
Florian Wirtz (’03)
Jamal Musiala (’03)
————————
Lazar Samardzic (’02)
Jan Thielmann (’02)
Jonathan Burkardt (’00)
Paul Nebel (’02)
Mateo Klimowicz (’00)
Ansgar Knauf (’02)
————————
Mika Schroers (’02)
Armindo Sieb (’03)
Turan Calhanoglu (’03)
Lucas Copado (’04)

Organized these groups a little differently, tier 2 v tier 3 is more about readiness/closeness-to-breaking-through, than talent...like I did the others. Wirtz & Musiala are in a tier of their own, but there is senior team potential throughout the other two groups...Samardzic, Nebel, Schroers, & Burkardt, in particular I like.

Midfielder
Sidney Raebiger (’05)
Torben Rhein (’03)
————————
Jordan Meyer (’02)
Angelo Stiller (’01)
Tom Bischof ('05)
Rocco Reitz (’02)
Can Bozdogan (’01)
Dennis Geiger ('98)
————————
Tom Krauß (’01)
Anton Stach ('98)
Arne Maier ('99)

Raebiger & Rhein bring a lot of young Kimmich to the table; excellent passers, confident on the ball under pressure, surprisingly combative...seeing how they'll develop will be very interesting. Jordan Meyer has a few Fritz Walter medals and is getting closer to cracking Stuttgart's rotation. Stiller is a really good talent, and should see regular PT after having left Bayern for Hoffenheim. Rocco Reitz got some cameos for Gladbach and looked very interesting, kid certainly has some Mo to the way he can weasel his way up the pitch.

Can Bozdogan is still playing a creative midfield role for Schalke, but I see him as more of an 8 than a 10 when all is said & done. From the more experienced guys, I still like Geiger a lot and Stach really impressed me at the olympics, want to see more of him now that he's at Mainz...though Maier has been disappointing at the senior level so far, still very talented with good size & strength, but he's just too peripheral too often. I have yet to see Bischof myself, but there is speculation about whether he will crack Hoffenheim's rotation this season.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Vanderson, 20y old right back from Gremio.

This kid is special. Looks like a blend between Marcelo and Dani Alves. Good size (1,80cm), great pace, dribbling skills and a crazy good shoot, good free kick taker, the complete package

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Vanderson, 20y old right back from Gremio.

This kid is special. Looks like a blend between Marcelo and Dani Alves. Good size (1,80cm), great pace, dribbling skills and a crazy good shoot, good free kick taker, the complete package

Nice ones, how is his defending or is he more of a wing back?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Nice ones, how is his defending or is he more of a wing back?

He's incredible going foward and adequate defensively. For example, he's better defensively than, say, Renan Lodi was when he left for Atleti. Not great, but good for what he brinks offensively. He also a very willing guy, doesn't take it for granted, gives a good effort on both sides. Any time I catch a game of him I go away impressed, haven't watched a fullback that talented down here in quite a time

edit:

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's incredible going foward and adequate defensively. For example, he's better defensively than, say, Renan Lodi was when he left for Atleti. Not great, but good for what he brinks offensively. He also a very willing guy, doesn't take it for granted, gives a good effort on both sides. Any time I catch a game of him I go away impressed, haven't watched a fullback that talented down here in quite a time

edit:

John Pedro is the best poster on this site nobody can tell me differently.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
upload_2021-8-18_18-18-18.png

Any idea why Mexican u-18 teams play with these numbers on their backs?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
View attachment 461564

Any idea why Mexican u-18 teams play with these numbers on their backs?

I’ve read it’s because it makes these players have to earn a first team number. They start with triple digit numbers, and the closer they get to the first team their number starts getting a lot closer to the normal numbers we usually see.

It makes some sense. Why should some U18 guy that has accomplished nothing in football have the same number at the same club as Messi? It seems out of proportion to put them on a level playing field with the number they get to wear.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Seems like Morato has become a regular starter for Benfica. 20y old.

One of the most talented CBs I've watched play for Sao Paulo under sides alongside Eder Militão. Very calm and talented on the ball, great on the air and nice pace for a CB.

Brazil has a nice new wave of CBs coming with Morato, Renan (19, Palmeiras) and Kaiky (17, Santos). Huge potentials and getting starter minutes already.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Extremely impressive BuLi1 debut for Armel Bella Kotchap. Kid was a force in the back for Bochum...like he had been all of last season in BuLi2...and I just love how he wasn't happy with himself after playing it safe with a late clearance & conceding a corner. Really gives the vibe that he won't be content unless he becomes genuinely great; which would be huge for us after the way Süle, Tah & Kehrer stagnated at this level.

The WM will be too soon for him, but if he keeps this up, he'll be starting for us by the 2024 cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad