Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The best young American prospect, Moses Nyeman, is trialing at Dortmund during the MLS offseason.

Terrific news. I hope we sign him in two years. He’s not yet old enough to transfer to Dortmund yet due to a lack of a European passport. He’s going to play for DC United for a few seasons. He recently signed a pro deal with them. And great scouting by our scouts to bring him in for a trial.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Antony in what could've been his last match at home for Sao Paulo had a great night and helped the team qualify to Libertadores group stage. 4 goals and 6 assist in Brasileirao.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Big game from Kulusevski vs. Napoli

Yep...he’s been slept on tbh haven’t heard much hype about him at all despite his age and performances. Maybe because he plays in Italy but kid’s got skills.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Yep...he’s been slept on tbh haven’t heard much hype about him at all despite his age and performances. Maybe because he plays in Italy but kid’s got skills.
I think it's a combination of a couple of things. He left for Italy at age 16 so he never played in Allsvenskan, meaning no hype from the Swedes. Then his breakthrough came as a loanee, where Parma fans know that they don't own him and Atalanta fans know that he's not part of their future.

I saw some speculation about an agreement with Inter, but who knows really.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ihattaren with yet another banger. Holy moly this kid at 17 is unreal.

So happy he's declared for the Netherlands.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ihattaren with yet another banger. Holy moly this kid at 17 is unreal.

So happy he's declared for the Netherlands.

Do you think PSV would sell him this summer? We are going to need a Sancho replacement, and I’d rather someone like this than some of the names that have been talked about. Can Ihattaren effectively play RW or does he need to play CAM?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Do you think PSV would sell him this summer? We are going to need a Sancho replacement, and I’d rather someone like this than some of the names that have been talked about. Can Ihattaren effectively play RW or does he need to play CAM?
He can play across the front but is best at CAM he has great passing and vision for his age. That said I doubt PSV would be willing to move him on right now. They’ll likely build their team around him for the next 2 years unless he forces a move.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he'll get his debut a year from now after he turns 16. There's a rule that you can't play in the Bundesliga until you're 17, but exceptions have been made, and I suspect one will be made for Moukoko.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reyna and Pherai are participating in the Dortmund winter training camp. I doubt Pherai breaks through because we've gotten away from using youth and its now harder for them to break through. But those who watch the U19's regularly think Reyna has as good of a chance to make it as anyone we've had in years. Based on what I've seen of Reyna, he's made big improvements in the last year, and will probably turn into a Dortmund player.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yasser Larouci (possibly?) switching from Algeria to France

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
In somewhat under the radar news unsurprisingly Naci Unuvar became the youngest ever Ajax goalscorer yesterday. It was a late penalty, but noteworthy all the same.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Nice goal by Perez. Captaining the team despite being one of the younger guys. In the u23.

Can’t wait to see him with the other young defenders for Argentina on the first team. They may be able to actually defend! Lol

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
82903616_2964283453581677_4703974007941103616_n.jpg

Christopher jullien with his wee boy karamoko dembele on the pitch today...

Reactions: gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Saint Etienne in all competitions with and without William Saliba since September 2018, in games where Saliba has been 17 and 18.

- Win percentage

with Saliba : 61%, without Saliba : 36%

- Goals conceded per game

With Saliba : 0.9, without Saliba 1.6

- Clean Sheet percentage

with Saliba: 52%, without Saliba :18%

The man might be the best CB prospect in the world.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Harvey Elliott. Liverpool’s blue chip prospect. Younger than Ansu Fati

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Saint Etienne in all competitions with and without William Saliba since September 2018, in games where Saliba has been 17 and 18.

- Win percentage

with Saliba : 61%, without Saliba : 36%

- Goals conceded per game

With Saliba : 0.9, without Saliba 1.6

- Clean Sheet percentage

with Saliba: 52%, without Saliba :18%

The man might be the best CB prospect in the world.
There's a reason St. Etienne pushed for him to be loaned back for the year. It's like a VvD to Liverpool transformation whenever he plays for them.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
There's a reason St. Etienne pushed for him to be loaned back for the year. It's like a VvD to Liverpool transformation whenever he plays for them.

Stylistically, he is very similar to Van Dijk too. Incredibly physically imposing, smart, composed and great on the ball. He could be the complete CB really.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Down 1-0 at the half Argentina come back and win with 4 goals in the 2nd half. Argentina playing very well in all age groups. Nice to see. Zaracho with a nice finish impressed by Tagoni.

All this and they were missing their top 2 players in Mac allister and Perez. Since they already qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad