Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Just came back from watching Ajax U19 vs Sparta U19. Ajax won 3-1.
  • Devyn Rensch was excellent. Showed his offensive skills with nice rushes and even saved a goal with a fantastic slide when it was 2-1.
  • Musampa, his partner at CB, again had a strong game as well. Even scored the 3-1 on a nice header.
  • Sontje Hansen was great. He and Unuvar started every attack. Hansen was a bit unlucky in his finishing.
  • Joshua Pynadath (USA) came with a minute or twenty to go and he made a heck of an impression. Very opportunistic player. Dribbles fast, nice control and a nice technique. He can be a bit more efficient using it, but I like what I saw. Kid has potential.
  • Naci Unuvar was freaking ridiculous. Had two or three absolute beauty passes with the outside of his foot. It's beginning to be his signature. Dribbled his way out of crowded situations effortlessly. Scored a sweet goal and added in an assist. Kid has already outgrown this competition despite being nearly 4 years younger than most. Here is his goal:

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
  • Joshua Pynadath (USA) came with a minute or twenty to go and he made a heck of an impression. Very opportunistic player. Dribbles fast, nice control and a nice technique. He can be a bit more efficient using it, but I like what I saw. Kid has potential.
What I've heard about this guy is that he lacks speed and is very weak. I haven't gotten to see him play yet, but I hear very mixed reviews on him. He always looks good in highlights and every review I've seen says he's a talented player. He's not highly rated by the US Soccer Federation, which isn't saying much, but usually a player at Ajax would be more of a fixture in his age group. Pynadath is routinely one of these kids that gets called to a youth national team camp once or twice a year, and isn't called back for the big tournaments.

A brief comment on a player at PSV. Richie Ledezma put in a dominating performance for Jong PSV yesterday. 2 goals, 1 assist, and all of them were outstanding plays. I think he needs to be a little more consistent, but I suspect he's going to find his way into the first team this season. I'm a big fan of this kid. Very talented attacking midfielder, but he's missed a lot of time in the last year due to injury and his consistency is a problem. He definitely has big talent though.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
What I've heard about this guy is that he lacks speed and is very weak. I haven't gotten to see him play yet, but I hear very mixed reviews on him. He always looks good in highlights and every review I've seen says he's a talented player. He's not highly rated by the US Soccer Federation, which isn't saying much, but usually a player at Ajax would be more of a fixture in his age group. Pynadath is routinely one of these kids that gets called to a youth national team camp once or twice a year, and isn't called back for the big tournaments.

He definitely does not lack pace. His first steps are rapid, in fact, but physically he has some steps to take. I am looking forward seeing more of him, but there's a lot of talent at AM and W in the academy, so he needs to grab every opportunity he gets. I doubt he'll sniff Ajax I someday, but his first impression was a good one (never watched him perform live).

A brief comment on a player at PSV. Richie Ledezma put in a dominating performance for Jong PSV yesterday. 2 goals, 1 assist, and all of them were outstanding plays. I think he needs to be a little more consistent, but I suspect he's going to find his way into the first team this season. I'm a big fan of this kid. Very talented attacking midfielder, but he's missed a lot of time in the last year due to injury and his consistency is a problem. He definitely has big talent though.

Yeah, he scored two sweet goals yesterday. He was rather invisible in his first four games, but I was surprised how well he played. Just in time as well, as his contract runs out after this season, if I am not mistaken. Don't see him reaching PSV I, though, but I only watched him in games vs Ajax or highlights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, he scored two sweet goals yesterday. He was rather invisible in his first four games, but I was surprised how well he played. Just in time as well, as his contract runs out after this season, if I am not mistaken. Don't see him reaching PSV I, though, but I only watched him in games vs Ajax or highlights.

I'd usually defer to you on players playing in Netherlands, but I've seen him play enough to think he's talented enough to reach PSV's first team. His inconsistency might hold him back once he gets to the first team, but I think he's good enough to get to the first team. They are also paying him a pretty big salary. I think the reason his contract expires at the end of the season is due to the salary differences for non-EU players once they reach age 20. Don't quote me on the exact rule, but thats what I've seen. I don't suspect it's because they want to let his contract run down. He only signed in January, and I don't think they are bringing him in on a non-EU salary for only a 1 and a half year contract. That wouldn't make any sense.

Reactions: Ajacied

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Same age group as Reinier but nowhere close the same hype. Can play as a winger or striker, great height at his age at 1,86cm. Fast, strong, and great dribbling.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Probably gonna see them together again in the u17 world cup next month. Let's see if Vasco will allow him to play, though as he's become a starter for them and they need all the help they could get.
img_797x448$2019_08_06_03_35_22_54355.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Jonathan David with another goal this weekend. He is the most productive teenager in the top 10 leagues of Europe at the moment (5 goals, 2 assists in 6 games) he's tied with Sancho (2 goals, 5 assists in 4 games) but I guess they ranked David higher because of more goals. Still, pretty impressive. For reference at 19 Osimhen had 20 goals and 4 assists across 36 games last season for Charleroi in the same league and currently sits at 5 goals in 5 games for Lille.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Have any of y'all watched Ajax II enough to have a strong opinion about Kühn and how he's been progressing since the transfer?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I watch him plenty.

Kuhn is mentioned in my prospect list.

1) Juan Familia Castillo LM/LB - 83C – Ajax/HOL
2) Orkün Kokcü AM - 83C - Feyenoord/HOL (TUR)
3) Sergino Dest LB/LM – 81C – Ajax/HOL (USA)
4) Kik Pierie LB/CB – 80C – Ajax/HOL
5) Nicolas Kühn ST – 83D – Ajax/GER
6) Kjell Scherper GK – 83D – Ajax/HOL
7) Ludovit Reis DM - 79B - Barcelona/HOL
8) Jeremie Frimpomg - 80C - RWB/RM - Manchester City/HOL
9) Victor Jensen AM – 80C - Ajax/DEN
10) Mitchell Bakker LB - 77C – PSG/HOL
11) Xavier Mbuyamba CB - 78C - Barcelona/HOL
12) Zakaria Aboukhal – W/AM – 79C – AZ/HOL
13) Achraf El Bouchataoui AM - 78C – Feyenoord/HOL
14) Lutsharel Geertruida CB – 74C – Feyenoord/HOL
15) Jasper Schendelaar GK – 74C – AZ/HO

He has high upside (83), but the chance of realizing his upside right now is quite low (D). Mostly because Ajax wants him to develop into a RW, much like Ziyech is right now, and he struggles to perform on a consistent night there. He just doesn't have the one on one skills. His main qualities are finishing in and outside the box (deadly low and accurate shot) and his technique; best suited at ST, #10 or a false 9. But the Ajax school wants you to understand multiple positions and you can tell he's not always comfortable there. With strikers Lassina Traoré (#1 Ajax II), Danilo (#2 Ajax II) and also Brobbey (#1 Ajax U19) coming up, it kind of leaves Kühn with no choice but to either focus on a different position or to let Ajax loan him out. I do expect Traoré to join Ajax I shortly to replace Dolberg, so there should be opportunities this season.

I watched Kühn play Oranje U19 just recently. Immediately looked more dangerous there than he has for Ajax. Scored the winner, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I watch him plenty.

Kuhn is mentioned in my prospect list.

He has high upside (83), but the chance of realizing his upside right now is quite low (D). Mostly because Ajax wants him to develop into a RW, much like Ziyech is right now, and he struggles to be perform on a consistent night there. He just doesn't have the one on one skills. His main qualities are finishing in and outside the box (deadly low and accurate shot) and his technique; best suited at ST, #10 or a false 9. But the Ajax school wants you to understand multiple positions and you can tell he's not always comfortable there. With strikers Lassina Traoré (#1 Ajax II), Danilo (#2 Ajax II) and also Brobbey (#1 Ajax U19) coming up, it kind of leaves Kühn with no choice but to either focus on a different position or to let Ajax loan him out. I do expect Traoré to join Ajax I shortly to replace Dolberg, so there should be opportunities this season.

I watched Kühn play Oranje U19 just recently. Immediately looked more dangerous there than he has for Ajax. Scored the winner, too.

That match & your discussion of Ajax made me curious...and yeah, planting him out wide is the least effective use of his skillset. He's been really crafty in tight spaces for the NTs he's been a part of and he's quick, but his pure pace isn't that special and he's much more dangerous in those tighter space down the middle, than he is delivering balls from the wide areas.

In hindsight, biding his time in Salzberg while waiting for Nagelsmann to takeover RB may have turned out to have been the better move for his career. Hopefully Ajax finds him a good loan if he's not allowed to take on a more central role when Traore gets promoted.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Bukayo Saka is a very special player, just dominated Frankfurt completely, creating so many chances and scoring a goal, along with 2 assists. Just turned 18 only 2 weeks ago. Lovely to see other Hale End graduates play very well too, especially Willock.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Didn't see that one coming by. Good move by him though. City is a graveyard for young talents. The sooner he leaves, the better and Celtic seems like a great place to take the next step. Frimpong was used as a wingback for City, but he has all the offensive traits to be a successful winger. It just depends on the formation. He's a copy of Castillo, who just joined Ajax from Chelsea, they just play on opposite sides.

I do think Frimpong was a greater talent at 16. He hasn't been as impressive since.
frimpong made his debut today for celtic in the cup. he was MOTM in a 5-0 celtic win. he has apparently been really impressive in training.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Moukoko has 15 goals in 7 league games. They can't possibly have him play more than another season in the U-19's. He's going to be a first team player at 16. I would probably wait until he turns 16 in November 2020 rather than making him play two U-19 seasons, but we'll wait to see what the hierarchy decide.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Oranje U19 drew Italy 2-2 a few days ago. Zirkzee scored one of 'm. The game marked the debut of Maxim Gullit, son of Ruud. Doesn't nearly have his upside, but always fun to watch players like that develop.

Yesterday, Oranje U19 played Portugal. Zirkzee scored a hattrick as they stomped Portugal 4-0. Score was a bit flattered, but Zirkzee was impressive. I liked Gravenberch as well. He didn't even seem to try but is so dominant out there. Sepp van de Berg had a decent game but made an error when he passed it to his goalkeeper a bit too short. Bakker (GK) saved the penalty. A few other high potentials in this squad are Besuijin (Roma) and I like Jurriën Timber, too. I think they lack depth after that. Not sure about their chances for the EC, but their core is very impressive and in form.

Oranje's future is so freaking impressive right now. Especially like the fact they have their fair share of world class talents at #9 and #10 again. Oranje, rather oddly, were lacking in those positions these past few years.

EC U19 qualifiers continued yesterday. Zirkzee had another goal + assist. Redan also added in 2 goals and 2 assists. Redan now contributes on the stats sheet once every 33 minutes this entire season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad