Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
20-year-old Fedor Chalov with 6 goals through first 7 games. He has been very impressive dating back to last season.

CSKA is in Champions League, so he has a chance to make an impression at top level.

Edit: he had a nice assist today also, so not one-dimensional forward.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rayan Cherki, a name to remember, has scored a goal in Lyon 4-1 win at City in Youth League.
He's 15 year old, and 1 month.
It's a new record.

Reactions: John Pedro

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rayan Cherki, a name to remember, has scored a goal in Lyon 4-1 win at City in Youth League.
He's 15 year old, and 1 month.
It's a new record.
As mentioned in the topic Unuvar who is 2 months older than Cherki also scored. Will be interesting to watch them both going forward.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
What is the plan with Vinicius Jr.?
Why pay €50M to play him in the reserve? He is clearly above that level.
He should play with the main team or loaned out at a good club to get more experience

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
cbf.png

Vinicius - Rodrygo - Paulinho, damn. This trident is borderline illegal at youth level.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Gravenberch made his Ajax debut vs PSV sunday, making him the youngest Ajax player to have made his debut ever. He was still 15 in May. He surpassed Clarence Seedorf.

Reactions: Il Mediano

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Barca B talent Ballou Tabla committed to Canada today. Huge news for us as a Soccer nation. He is likely our second best prospect behind Davies.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Barca B talent Ballou Tabla committed to Canada today. Huge news for us as a Soccer nation. He is likely our second best prospect behind Davies.

Nice!

You heard of this guy?

18 years old , 6 goals in his first 10 games for Gent. Not too shabby.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nice!

You heard of this guy?

18 years old , 6 goals in his first 10 games for Gent. Not too shabby.

Yeah!! Jonathan looks great too! Soccer is finally becoming more exciting as Canadian National team fan. Here's hoping they somehow qualify for 2022!

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Any way we can watch the older prospect lists? I can't find them anymore, but some of us (helicopter, @Evilo , me, Belgian Fan, etc.) made soccer prospect lists starting more than a decade ago.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not entirely sure where to put this but I’ve been to a few University of Denver(D1) games this year and they have this Brazilian striker Andre Shinyashiki who’s incredible. He’s scored 17 goals in 8 games. Now I know it’s college and not the best level but he looks like someone who could turn out to be a damn good MLS player.

Reactions: Gecklund

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Any way we can watch the older prospect lists? I can't find them anymore, but some of us (helicopter, @Evilo , me, Belgian Fan, etc.) made soccer prospect lists starting more than a decade ago.

When the site changed platforms, almost all old posts had to be deleted for space reasons.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Gravenberch made his Ajax debut vs PSV sunday, making him the youngest Ajax player to have made his debut ever. He was still 15 in May. He surpassed Clarence Seedorf.
He also has now become Ajax's youngest ever goal scorer after scoring in a cup match yesterday. Mind, it was in a 7-0 win over a very poor opponent, but...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mentioned this guy earlier in the year, but Sebastian Soto has 9 goals in 8 games since joining Hannover U-19's. Prolific goal scorer. Scored 46 of them last year, which is the record in the U-19 division. He's been scoring prolifically as well for US junior teams. I think he'll be suiting up for Hannover's first team next season. Terrific scouting by Hannover. He could easily be at a bigger team. They also signed another young American this summer, Chris Gloster. Good scouting here, as well. Another who could've signed with a bigger team. Gloster's the youngest player in the reserve team this year. He skipped over U-19 level, even though thats his age-eligible team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
@Duchene2MacKinnon

do you know this kid from River? looks like a promising box to box midfielder.

Saw him play last month he's look fantastic, goes in hard on the tackle, passing is top notch and has a pretty hard shot. I don't remember the last time the NT had a player with his skill set. He just broke out for River too as a out an out starter. I have big hopes for him in the midfield even though it's very early. BTW he picked up an injury a few days ago and will not be playing in the up coming friendlies...

What I would like to see is how creative he is and if he has the ability to break the lines with his passing. If he does we could be talking about an elite player.

Reactions: ecemleafs

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Saw him play last month he's look fantastic, goes in hard on the tackle, passing is top notch and has a pretty hard shot. I don't remember the last time the NT had a player with his skill set. He just broke out for River too as a out an out starter. I have big hopes for him in the midfield even though it's very early. BTW he picked up an injury a few days ago and will not be playing in the up coming friendlies...

What I would like to see is how creative he is and if he has the ability to break the lines with his passing. If he does we could be talking about an elite player.

He and Ascacibar would cover a lot of ground defensively, just need to see if they can provide enough on the ball to make it work.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He and Ascacibar would cover a lot of ground defensively, just need to see if they can provide enough on the ball to make it work.

I don't envision it being an issue. He might be too young to be a bonafide starter for the NT with Copa just around the corner. I'm hoping for a midfield of

Lo Celso-Messi-Correa/Coco/RDP
Ascacibar-Paredes

Reactions: John Pedro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad