Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Pierie is not american. His parents are not even american. He just happened to be born there when his father was working there and never returned back. I’m surprised he’s even showing interest.

Under Trump’s law he wouldn’t have gotten American citizenship lol.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pierie is not american. His parents are not even american. He just happened to be born there when his father was working there and never returned back. I’m surprised he’s even showing interest.

Under Trump’s law he wouldn’t have gotten American citizenship lol.
Maybe he wants minutes. All I know is USMNT rightfully wants him and their LB spot is a black hole.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He actually is American by law. The “how (insert country name) is this player” debates are completely useless. It’s up to the country’s laws and the person to decide.

Let the kid make his own choice, and it should be respected either way. It’s his life, not the life of any fan who is happy or upset with what goes on with their National football team.

Saying that, I think his comments were more of a “he’ll consider it eventually if he’s not a regular in the Dutch National Team” approach. I don’t think he’s switching anytime soon.

Reactions: Gecklund

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
There are no age-limits in this leagues? And is he really such gifted?

I didn't know him until he scored, so I can't tell. He showed a nice touch and composure in his goal, though. Must be really good for them to risk putting a kid with no professional contract in such a big game.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
@Pavel Buchnevich watched Sao Paulo x Flamengo yesterday for the u17 Brazilian Cup, the game ended 2-2. Reinier was a beast, heads and shoulder above every other player on the pitch. He scored a goal, had a assist and hit the post. His goal is the first of the video (he's the nr 10)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Pavel Buchnevich watched Sao Paulo x Flamengo yesterday for the u17 Brazilian Cup, the game ended 2-2. Reinier was a beast, heads and shoulder above every other player on the pitch. He scored a goal, had a assist and hit the post. His goal is the first of the video (he's the nr 10)

I heard good things about him. He played recently in a tournament in England with the Brazil sub 17's, and he was apparently their best player all tournament, but also in a loss to the USA. :DD

Brazil usually plays every year at the Nike Tournament in Florida, and that should be his age group this year, so I'll likely get to see him play. Vinicius and Rodrygo both played at that tournament. Rodrygo played in 2015, Vinicius in 2016. It should've been the opposite, but for some reason thats how it meant. I didn't get to watch Rodrygo play, but I remember watching Vinicius, and he was incredibly good. He was going places, and it was clear.

Reactions: John Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Guendouzi was the best player in France U21 draw (2-2) with Croatia. He's developping at an impressive rate.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Celtic wunderkid karamoko dembele that made headlines a year or so ago for appearing as a 14 year old in an u20 team started for celtics reserve team and scored. He's 15 years old now.
Signed his first professional contract with celtic today! He is eligible to play in competitive games when he turns 16 in February. Brendan Rodgers has hinted that dembele will accompany the first team in a winter break trip to Dubai next month.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Keep an eye on Gerrard's cousin Bobby Duncan. He looks very good for his age along with Glatzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->