Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I still think Schick will be a star. He was incredible at Sampdoria.

I hope you're right, dude. He's having a hard time getting minutes from Dzeko in EDF's single striker system.

First season was a bit of a write-off due to injuries and acclimatizing to Rome , but he needs to kick-on this year. He looked great in pre-season.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I hope you're right, dude. He's having a hard time getting minutes from Dzeko in EDF's single striker system.

First season was a bit of a write-off due to injuries and acclimatizing to Rome , but he needs to kick-on this year. He looked great in pre-season.
He's got all the tools to be an absolute stud. From what I've seen from him with Roma, his decision making has been letting him down a bit.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
He's got all the tools to be an absolute stud. From what I've seen from him with Roma, his decision making has been letting him down a bit.

Yeah , his decision making, at times, has left a lot to be desired. Also, a ton of his minutes last year came as a RW , and that just doesn't suit him at all. Really, I thought his best performances came out of the 3-5-2 formation when he was playing alongside Dzeko , but EDF almost never uses that formation. He's a firm believer in the 4-3-3.

That said , even with his injuries, struggling to get minutes , and playing out of position last season, you could clearly see his class on the ball. He has rare ability for someone that size. Just needs to gain some confidence and hit his stride.

Bulbhead

Jul 18, 2005
Heilbronn, Germany
Hannover's Linton Maina (19) was initially planned in as a backup for Haraguchi, but has been more than solid so far. After a strong first Bundesliga appearance vs Leverkusen last season, he has now been impressive against Dortmund. Dribbling and pace are not jaw-dropping, but good enough already to cause problems for an aging Schmelzer (not a real benchmark, but still) His passing game and defensive contributions are very solid already and so he suddenly looks the preferred first team option for his team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't really care about prospects in football, but found an interesting article showing the best U23 for all the five major European leagues. Thoughts? They had players for the benches, but chose to only write the starting XI.

EPL
Jesus (MCity)
Sane (MCity) - Alli (Spurs) - Martial (MUnited)
Torreira (Arsenal) - Keita (Pool)
Sessegnon (Fulham) - Christensen (Chel) - Sanchez (Spurs) - Bellerin (Arsenal)
Kepa (Chel)

Bundesliga
Werner (Leipzig)
Pulisic (BVB) - Goretzka (Munich) - Bailey (Lever)
Zakaria (Gladbach) - Weigl (BVB)
Pavard (Stuttgart) - Sule (Munich) - Upamecano (Leipzig) - Kimmich (Munich)
Muller (Mainz)

Serie A
Martinez (Inter)
Simeone (Florence) -------------- Chiesa (Florence)
SMS (Lazio) - Pellegrini (Roma) - Bentancur (Juve)
Lirola (Sassuolo) - Romagnoli (ACM) - Skriniar (Inter) - Cancelo (Juve)
Donnarumma (ACM)

La Liga
Gomez (Celta)
Lemar (AM) - Asensio (RM) - Dembele (Barca)
Arthur (Barca) - Rodri (AM)
L. Hernandez (AM) - Diakhaby (Valencia) - Gnagnon (Sevilla) - T. Hernandez (Sociedad)
Werner (SD Huesca)

Ligue 1
Dembele (Lyon)
Kamano (Bordeaux) - Aouar (Lyon) - Mbappe (PSG)
Tielemans (Monaco) - Ndombele (Lyon)
Jorge (Monaco) - Kimpembe (PSG) - Sarr (Nice) - Henrichs (Monaco)
Bernardoni (Nimes)​

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Awful list for L1.
Bernardoni over Areola? Seriously? Jorge doesn't belong. Sarr neither given his last season. Henrichs has just arrived. Why is here (and Jorge left BTW), same with Dembele? Tielemans has been underwhelming. Kamano doesn't belong either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Awful list for L1.
Bernardoni over Areola? Seriously? Jorge doesn't belong. Sarr neither given his last season. Henrichs has just arrived. Why is here (and Jorge left BTW), same with Dembele? Tielemans has been underwhelming. Kamano doesn't belong either.
Who do you have replacing said players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Awful list for L1.
The bench was...

Jules Kounde (Bordeaux)
Thilo Kehrer (PSG)
Kenny Tete (Lyon)
Lucas Tousart (Lyon)
Jonathan Bamba (Lille)
Martin Terrier (Lyon)
Ismaila Sarr (Rennes)

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Serie A

Martinez (Inter)
Simeone (Florence) -------------- Chiesa (Florence)
SMS (Lazio) - Pellegrini (Roma) - Bentancur (Juve)
Lirola (Sassuolo) - Romagnoli (ACM) - Skriniar (Inter) - Cancelo (Juve)
Donnarumma (ACM)

Martinez-probably the right call even though he's a newcomer. The talent is pretty obvious. Cutrone might be another option. Schick has the talent , but hasn't produced in over a year.
Chiesa- no brainer
SMS- of course
Pellegrini-- eh, I'd love to be a homer here and agree, but he hasn't been overly amazing since returning to Rome. I think I'd have Barella in there if I'm honest.
Bentancur- sure. Diawara might be coming for his place, though, if Carlo plays him a lot
Lirola-- sure , there isn't a ton of competition
Romagnoli- yes
Skriniar- hell yeah, by far
Cancelo- yeah, most likely
Donnarumma- yeah , has to be for now , but Meret and Lafont might have something to say about it eventually.

Edit: I saw Simeone as an attacking player behind the striker. He's a pure CF , so they definitely shoehorned him in there. Good player, though. Kinda surprised Under didn't find his way on this list, but that will change after this season.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Alexander-Arnold is better than Bellerin.
I wonder if people are starting to come around on why I said that we didn't need Sanchez since we have Gomez. I would take Gomez over Sanchez in that spot also; I suspect by the end of the season that won't be a hot take.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I wonder if people are starting to come around on why I said that we didn't need Sanchez since we have Gomez. I would take Gomez over Sanchez in that spot also; I suspect by the end of the season that won't be a hot take.

I also suspect that may be true. I understand why people were so against that comment because Gomez was playing RB and not doing well, but there's no comparison between him at RB and CB.

Going to be hard for Lovren to get back in.

Reactions: YNWA14

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Richie Ledezma who plays in the Real Salt Lake academy seems all set to join PSV in the next transfer window. He couldn't join this past transfer window as he only turns 18 on Thursday, so he's not old enough yet. He went on trial there in the summer, and supposedly did well. He's a technical CM who plays mostly as a box to box mid or CAM, although he can also play LW.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
No Kluivert for serie A :sarcasm:

Eredivisie would probably look like:

————-—— Dolberg ——————-
-— Bergwijn —Lozano — Neres —-
———— F. de Jong - Eiting ————
Angelino - De Ligt - Pierie - Mazraoui
——————— Onana ———————

Bench:
- D. van de Beek
- Justin Bijlow
- Maximillian Wöber
- Guus Til
- Dante Rigo
- Calvin Stengs
- Myron Boadu
- Erick Gutierrez

What about you, @YNWA14?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'll put something together soon.

That said I thought this was pretty neat. I mean, everyone knows about Mbappé at this point but it'll really be interesting to see how he deals with expectations moving forward and how he progresses as a player.

41608608_2029527847107718_488557250089058304_n.jpg

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG and Lorient product Guendouzi is being targeted by Herve Renard to play for Morocco. Guendouzi's father has the moroccan nationality.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'll put something together soon.

That said I thought this was pretty neat. I mean, everyone knows about Mbappé at this point but it'll really be interesting to see how he deals with expectations moving forward and how he progresses as a player.

41608608_2029527847107718_488557250089058304_n.jpg
M'bappé has so many El Fenómeno similarities.

The exception is that M'bappé was able to play at his first world cup (he is also 2 years older than Ronaldo was).

I could see him break many records and hopefully he is injury free his whole career unlike Ronaldo.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jonathan Amon will not be long for the Danish first division. He's played 937 first team minutes, and has 6G and 5A. He's struggled with some injuries, otherwise he might've already been gone in the last window.

Nordsjaelland spotted him at 15 years old, and devised a plan to keep him out of the spotlight until he turned 18 and was eligible to sign. They knew if he remained in the spotlight a bigger club would snap him up, so they rarely played him in international tournaments for the youth teams. They also sent him to their academy in Ghana for a number of months to keep him hidden. In the USA, he was playing in the junior national teams up until that age. He had pretty much disappeared, which was strange but not much was thought of it. Once he turned 18, they put him into the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->