Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Seriously? I've followed him for years, whereas you have just witnessed his first 20 minutes.
Slow down, cowboy. Enjoy him. I do, too. I'm just a little more hesitant after having watched him falter more than he succeeded at Ajax.

Yeah, but the difference is, I haven't said anything about him reaching or not reaching his potential because of his "attitude". I didn't say he's more cocky than Zlatan (how is that even possible?). I didn't say he slagged off Roma by saying he dreamt of Barca (he didn't).

All I've said is he looks really good so far in Rome, (based on training/preseason/his debut), and that this "overrated" label doesn't make any damn sense to me. Also his teammates and the manager all really like him. You could see how he was embraced after providing that assist. Dzeko and Strootman can't stop talking about the kid.

I haven't come to any conclusions about his future , I'm merely observing what I've seen. Which doesn't line up with what you've said --- at all. He was the best player on the pitch on his debut in Serie A....as a teenager. That's not normal, I can assure you.

Last edited:

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
He started the same way as Iturbe after all. I hope for him they will not ruin it like they did with Iturbe. I like him a lot, (not like Iturbe at the beginning) and I mean a lot. Obviously I want to see him from the first minute how he works, how much he sacrifices then obviously here we are in Rome and it seems they have found Garrincha.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I haven't come to any conclusions about his future , I'm merely observing what I've seen. Which doesn't line up with what you've said --- at all. He was the best player on the pitch on his debut in Serie A....as a teenager. That's not normal, I can assure you.

I'm afraid Magnani had the best debut objectively.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Haha Roma didn't ruin Iturbe , he just wasn't very good.

Every club in the world has missed on "promising" youth, yet Roma fans have a obsession with bringing up Iturbe.

What about Lamela? Marquinhos? Rudiger? Paredes? Under?

Sabatini was an above average DS who had some hits , and a tons of misses , but that was a different regime.

We have Monchi now , and a coach willing to play/develop young players. Kluivert will not be Iturbe , I can almost guarantee that.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I'm afraid Magnani had the best debut objectively.

Haha he's Italian... aged 22.... playing for Sass. How does that in any way compare to a 19 year old dutch kid playing for Roma?

He looked good for sure, but the comparison is pointless.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Haha Roma didn't ruin Iturbe , he just wasn't very good.

Every club in the world has missed on "promising" youth, yet Roma fans have a obsession with bringing up Iturbe.

What about Lamela? Marquinhos? Rudiger? Paredes? Under?

Sabatini was an above average DS who had some hits , and a tons of misses , but that was a different regime.

We have Monchi now , and a coach willing to play/develop young players. Kluivert will not be Iturbe , I can almost guarantee that.

Sabatini svela: “Nascosto un problema di Iturbe. Pallotta uomo insicuro”. E su Nainggolan-Inter... - Mediagol

yes, Iturbe has been ruined by ASR.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
lol.......Of course Walter is going to say that, do you think he wants to admit he screwed up royally with that purchase? Do you know Walter? ...Give me mercy.

Yeah, Iturbe didn't have surgery - no , that didn't ruin his career. He wasn't very good dude, even before we bought him.

Just watch him play at Verona. His decision making was horrendous, then. His career high was 8 goals before we bought him--- in any league.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
lol.......Of course Walter is going to say that, do you think he wants to admit he screwed up royally with that purchase? Do you know Walter? ...Give me mercy.

Yeah, Iturbe didn't have surgery - no , that didn't ruin his career. He wasn't very good dude, even before we bought him.

Just watch him play at Verona. His decision making was horrendous, then. His career high was 8 goals before we bought him--- in any league.

I don't know Sabatini, I know only a couple of agents who have the procura(translate, sorry!) of some young players from ASR and SSL having grown up together. On Iturbe, it is clear that you have limited knowledge of the player and have not followed him since he was playing with Paraguay. You would not talk about it this way. Ah, and for every good purchase Sabatini made I can list one already forgotten. On Magnani, yes, he's 22. Give me the D that in his debut (From Lega Pro) made me wonder if Icardi is playing. I must say that actually Icardi touched two balls yesterday. His own two. So yes, give me this D over Kluivert's 20-minute debut, which I still like a lot.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
On Iturbe, it is clear that you have limited knowledge of the player and have not followed him since he was playing with Paraguay. You would not talk about it this way.

He had 5 goals in 23 games in the Paraguayan league.

He then went to Porto to which he made 6 appearances in 3 seasons. No goals.

Then Porto sent him to River Plate in Argentina on loan. 3 goals in 17 games.

Then Verona bought him , and he inexplicably scored 8 goals playing for a counter side , where he didn't have to think that much.

Roma then bought him off that one season. He then scored 3 times in 44 games over 3 seasons for Roma. Pretty much exactly what he'd done his entire career outside of that one decent season playing for a countering minnow.

Walter screwed up massively for an overrated talent that had one fairly good year. I don't care that you want to believe a dude who's trashed every employer and every club he's ever worked for. After Roma fired him , he quit Inter over "disagreements" , and then Sampdoria hired him a few months later , and he quit that job after a couple weeks. He completely trashed those clubs in the media too. He's extremely self-serving and never critical of his own work.

If that's the guy you want to believe, go ahead. Iturbe was not some sensational "can't miss" prospect that we ruined. Not even close.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
You are judging a soccer player with numbers. Did you see him play with Argentina? Did you see him play with River? You do not know his career, it's not fair to evaluate it because in Rome (and every other place) he sucked. I assure you that the hype for Iturbe was greater than Kluivert, what interests me is that he doesnot make the same career.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
No, I'm judging an attacking player with numbers. He was never productive , except one season in Chievo. (which begs the question : if he was so damn good , how the hell did Verona sign him?)

Kluivert played for one club before Roma bought him. One. he's 19.

Iturbe was 22 , and played for 4 clubs + Porto's B team (where guess what? he wasn't productive).

Just stop man. Iturbe was definitely hyped , but he wasn't good. He was brainless from day 1.

Kluivert actually understands the game.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yeah, but the difference is, I haven't said anything about him reaching or not reaching his potential because of his "attitude". I didn't say he's more cocky than Zlatan (how is that even possible?). I didn't say he slagged off Roma by saying he dreamt of Barca (he didn't).

All I've said is he looks really good so far in Rome, (based on training/preseason/his debut), and that this "overrated" label doesn't make any damn sense to me. Also his teammates and the manager all really like him. You could see how he was embraced after providing that assist. Dzeko and Strootman can't stop talking about the kid.

Ya, no shit Sherlock. He just arrived. That's what I meant with jumping to conclusions. Just wait a few months before you don't understand anything of the hyped and overrated tags he got sticked to his forehead.

We'll discuss things later during the season, but I honestly hope he does well and continues his decent start.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
No, I'm judging an attacking player with numbers. He was never productive , except one season in Chievo. (which begs the question : if he was so damn good , how the hell did Verona sign him?)

Kluivert played for one club before Roma bought him. One. he's 19.

Iturbe was 22 , and played for 4 clubs + Porto's B team (where guess what? he wasn't productive).

Just stop man. Iturbe was definitely hyped , but he wasn't good. He was brainless from day 1.

Kluivert actually understands the game.

Verona paid 16M and 3 months laterat the time, it was the most expensive purchase in the history of Rome, I think, but I could be wrong.
What I context to you,I do not know maybe you're young, is the perception today of what was Iturbe at the time. Because I repeat, Iturbe has been ruined by Rome,it is well known already before Sabatini's words.

Kluivertino, I like him a lot, it's just that I want to see him from the first minute, I'm sure he will do waves, I'm interested in seeing him in the field frequently.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Verona paid 16M and 3 months laterat the time, it was the most expensive purchase in the history of Rome, I think, but I could be wrong.
What I context to you,I do not know maybe you're young, is the perception today of what was Iturbe at the time. Because I repeat, Iturbe has been ruined by Roma ,it is well known already before Sabatini's words.

Kluivertino, I like him a lot, it's just that I want to see him from the first minute, I'm sure he will do waves, I'm interested in seeing him in the field frequently.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
it was the most expensive purchase in the history of Rome, I think, but I could be wrong.

Batistuta is still the most expensive purchase in Roma's history (crazy, right?). If Schick hits all his bonus payments he'll take that spot.

I remember the Iturbe hype quite well. Like it was yesterday.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Iturbe was definitely hyped back in the day, bigger name than Kluivert in transfer market rumors at least. I remember that summer the two biggest potential wingers to move were Alexis and Iturbe.

Everyone pointed to his production and flair as a 20 yr old Serie A player and he was ahead of Alexis at the same age.

I remember vividly that Atletico, Juve and Arsenal all wanted to sign him that summer.

I also remember Porto fans saying he was trash

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Batistuta is still the most expensive purchase in Roma's history (crazy, right?). If Schick hits all his bonus payments he'll take that spot.

I remember the Iturbe hype quite well. Like it was yesterday.
I still think Schick will be a star. He was incredible at Sampdoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->