Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That said, if Barca is ready to pony up 38M€ on him, I'm not the only one drooling over him.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
A few notable Le Havre products :

Cdhu2-VW4AAVJR1.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So Bunjaki's suspension is already starting to cost him PT with the U19 NT. With Waldschmidt's difficult season, that team is starting to look awfully thin in front of what should be a lovely midfield & strong backline. Wonder if this gets Ochs a look as the man up front, rather than as a second striker/winger. Would be cool, since his nose for goal has gotten a lot of praise from his coaches, alongside nice pace and technical skills.

EDIT:
Looking at page 1, I see that I never commented on Atakan Akkaynak here, my apologies:
What makes him stand out to me, is that he seems to have an exceptional understanding of how to support possession and pressing for his age. This trait is one that makes me such a fan of Gul's as well. Akkaynak's team-mates gush about how he's always exactly where they need somebody to be when a change-in- or contested- possession needs some sorting out. He seems to have a lot of Khedira/Kramer...both of whom I rate very highly for a modern possession side, at least when on form & fit...in his understanding of where the collective lacks support; and you can see the influence of Arturo Vidal (whom he credits as his defensive-role-model) on the way he attacks the ball when it's loose or we're out of possession.

He may not (quite) have the class of his offensive-role-model, Andres Iniesta, but his skill is a cut above Khedira/Kramer's and again you can see the spaniard's influence in how possessions can flow through Akkaynak to the attackers. Emre Can is probably the closest comparable for a recent german prospect with a similar style and talent level, as Gul doesn't cover as much ground or push forward as freely and Khedira/Kramer aren't as skilled. Can with perhaps more raw talent (arguably) & traditional-leadership-skills, though Akkaynak's understanding of the game is brought up as a strength more than Can's was at a similar stage in development; and that's with merit.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Christian Pulisic has been called up to the US National Team, but he's sick right now. If he recovers in time, he might get his debut against Guatemala on Tuesday.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does anyone know anything about Marlos Moreno? Some of the South American football experts are saying he's the next big star from that continent.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Highly rated '99er, Valentino Vujinovic, has turned down attention from multiple first league clubs...HSV having led the pack and made a big push for him...to continue his development with Karlsruhe and has signed a contract with them through 2021. Locking up one of the biggest talents from their own academy is great news for a club who's done so much for german youth development in recent years and deserves to get some fat transfer fees.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
One of the most prestigious U16 tournaments, Montaigu, has seen the US beat France in the final (2-1). Timothy Weah scored for the US. Adli (PSG) won MVP.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Patrick Roberts scored 2 for Celtic today. He's on loan from Citeh.

his 1st goal.
0RDrO7.gif

his 2nd goal.
lYE90V.gif

skilled and quick. u can see why citeh spent so much on him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's really talked about here. I'm among those who believe he should be that wild card.

But DD won't do it. He won't because he wants guys who play on big teams. He won't because he doesn't like youngsters like that. He won't because (and that one is actually understandable) he'd then have to choose 5 guys out of : Benzema, Giroud, Gignac, Payet, Fekir, Griezmann, Coman, Martial and Ben Arfa.
Benzema is a special case, but if he is eligible, he'll go.
Then you have Coman, Martial, Giroud and Griezmann who will go.
So Dembele will have to beat Payet, Fekir, Gignac, Ben Arfa, Gameiro, Lacazette and potentially Ribery.
Not gonna happen, as much as I'd like him to go. If Benzema doesn't go to the Euros, then he has a long long shot. If Benz goes, then Dembele really doesn't have a spot for him in DD's mind.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I like Gameiro too, and he's an efficient striker. But there's no way DD selects him over Giroud (who can be useful in some games with his size) and Martial (who can dribble through defenses).
And DD is still not trying Martial at CF, which is, IMO, a mistake.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some stats about Dembele :
- he has 7 goals in his last 5 L1 games.
- he has 12 goals and 5 assists in 20 L1 games.
- Rennes has gone from lower table to 3rd in the league since he's starting.
- Only Zlatan has more goal per game (also per minute) than him in L1 (that includes Cavani, Di Maria, Lacazette, Ben Arfa, Batshuayi, Ben Yedder, etc...).

And he's 18.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Mah boy Zakaria scored this weekend for Atletico de Madrid DH Juvenil vs Real Madrid (their GK is Luca Zidane)

(2-1 for Real Madrid)

Looking forward to what he can do next season with the B team (reserves)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The real question is...is Dembele better than Messi at the same age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad