F Jamie Glance - Mount St. Charles 15O (2026 draft)

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I've seen this kid play at a few tournaments over the last two years and he never disappoints. Good size. Really good skater. Fantastic shot! I really like his calmness with the puck. He plays for Mount so you know the competition is top notch and he scores a lot. Another quality of his that is above average is his IQ ( I like his entries and how he creates space for himself and others).

Since he's from the Mount comparisons to Hagens are inevitable. Different game. He's no Hagens but I think he's better than Whitehead whom I really thought was a fun player.

Anyone else see him play? Opinions?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Haven't seen him this year. Thought he could shoot the hell out of the puck last year, almost has a the same drag and shoot style Matthews and Bedard do. Skating was a bit funky but he was quick so that'll be something to watch. Dylan Dean was the guy on that team on my mind, he'll be the one to watch even though he left Mount

Reactions: clevelandcane

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Haven't seen him this year. Thought he could shoot the hell out of the puck last year, almost has a the same drag and shoot style Matthews and Bedard do. Skating was a bit funky but he was quick so that'll be something to watch. Dylan Dean was the guy on that team on my mind, he'll be the one to watch even though he left Mount
Ah yes. I remember him. Any idea why he left?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Glance is up to 47-48 for 95 in 45.

My assumption is that Glance is an NTDPer next year. Yes?
He's the best player at MSC for sure, saw them a few times this year. The only drawback is he's not a burner, he's not slow by any means, he's just not a burner. I actually think he has a decent stride and really good edgework but the speed hasn't popped yet for him. Has really good vision, the puck is super sticky with him, really good hands, good snapshot. I'd be pretty surprised if he's not on the NTDP now

It's kind of weird watching him because after the first couple of shifts, he doesn't immediately pop out and you can point out and say he's the best player on the ice. Then you see him make a few plays and he catches your attention, then he makes some more and scores a goal or two then by the end of the game, I found myself saying wow he's definitely the best player on the ice. Reminds me of watching Will Smith at that age a little

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
He's the best player at MSC for sure, saw them a few times this year. The only drawback is he's not a burner, he's not slow by any means, he's just not a burner. I actually think he has a decent stride and really good edgework but the speed hasn't popped yet for him. Has really good vision, the puck is super sticky with him, really good hands, good snapshot. I'd be pretty surprised if he's not on the NTDP now

It's kind of weird watching him because after the first couple of shifts, he doesn't immediately pop out and you can point out and say he's the best player on the ice. Then you see him make a few plays and he catches your attention, then he makes some more and scores a goal or two then by the end of the game, I found myself saying wow he's definitely the best player on the ice. Reminds me of watching Will Smith at that age a little
Thanks for the well thought out reply. I'm no expert on these kids and don't see them as much as I'd like in order to evaluate. I just know who pops to me when I watch and he did that when I watched MSC - last year too. So I appreciate any comments and look forward to more discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad