Soccer/Football - Jul 21st-Aug 7th

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was not a confident kick on the penalty and she just had that look on her face of not wanting to do this

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USA wins on penalties 4-2.

It’s kinda wild how you can tell that someone is going to miss before they even kick the ball

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The funniest thing about that penalty kick is if she missed or if it was saved she would have gotten a 2nd kick because the goalie basically moved early

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Soccer is 99% snoozefest 1% excitement. Without the penalty score this game would still be 0-0 after so much time.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Even if the US tied that game they were going to need to find some way to score another goal because it was really remote they'd beat Canada in PKs with Franch in goal

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
How did the US become so bad that they can't even beat Canada!?!?! I mean seriously they looked so good for so long and now they suck!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
How did the US become so bad that they can't even beat Canada!?!?! I mean seriously they looked so good for so long and now they suck!

I think they're really old. Canada probably loses to Sweden but lets be honest, they have a better chance of beating them probably than the US did based on how they looked this tournament. The US should win bronze but those games tend to be tricky in that Australia will likely be much happier to be there and want it more.

Reactions: Jussi

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That was a total opposite of the 2012 semi final between these two teams. I think the score was 4-3 in that one and ripe with controversy too.

I watch Sinclair who was hobbling badly to the bench while being subbed off. She's seen all the heartbreak, and I feel happy for her. She definitely deserves this opportunity for all she's done in the sport.

That's 3 Olympics in a row that Canada gets a medal in women's soccer.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Weird penalty call. I was convinced they'd see nothing, and it probably was just the slow replay from the one angle, but I can see why they awarded it.
This basically makes up for 2012. Ironic as well because if VAR had been available back then, who knows which team wins that game?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think they're really old. Canada probably loses to Sweden but lets be honest, they have a better chance of beating them probably than the US did based on how they looked this tournament. The US should win bronze but those games tend to be tricky in that Australia will likely be much happier to be there and want it more.
Their oldest players looked better, tbh. If Rapinoe, Press and Lloyd started the game I’m not sure Canada wins. Press isn’t the oldest, but she’s more experienced than Williams.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Their oldest players looked better, tbh. If Rapinoe, Press and Lloyd started the game I’m not sure Canada wins. Press isn’t the oldest, but she’s more experienced than Williams.

Yeah, rapinoe was the engine in the 2nd half that had USA look dangerous once she got on the pitch.

I'm assuming she didn't start because of her age, but chances started coming together once she got on.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, rapinoe was the engine in the 2nd half that had USA look dangerous once she got on the pitch.

I'm assuming she didn't start because of her age, but chances started coming together once she got on.
Not sure the American coach is any good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad