Soccer/Football - Jul 21st-Aug 7th

Sep 19, 2008
It was soft but the US had chances beforehand to put the game away and didn't. Again Canada had one shot on goal.

Sep 19, 2008
She’s the worst
At what? Play? She didn't have a strong tournament. If you want to argue her skills have declined and she was inaccurate all over the place against the Netherlands, fine. I won't argue with you. In fact you would be right as the only redeeming factor she had that day was on the PK's.

But if you want to complain about Rapinoe due to personality or outspoken reasons I will just say you are misguided and that is it. Not trying to make it a political discussion.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
At what? Play? She didn't have a strong tournament. If you want to argue her skills have declined and she was inaccurate all over the place against the Netherlands, fine. I won't argue with you. In fact you would be right as the only redeeming factor she had that day was on the PK's.

But if you want to complain about Rapinoe due to personality or outspoken reasons I will just say you are misguided and that is it. Not trying to make it a political discussion.
She’s an absolute goof.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Like I get anti-US sentiment

Don't get me wrong

Hate on the US all you want but if you're hating on Rapinoe your hate is highly misguided. What possible reason would you have to hate Rapinoe other than her obvious decline in play which is fair?

The only possible reason I could muster why anyone would dislike Rapinoe is because she is vocal politically, and if you are of that persuasion I don't think anything I could tell you would change your brainwashed mind.
She’s the definition of arrogance.

Reactions: QuietContrarian
Sep 19, 2008
She’s the definition of arrogance.
This is false. But hey you keep saying that.

If anything Morgan is more arrogant with her tea cellies than anything Rapinoe did. I mean when you think Rapinoe you think of something political she did as a statement which could hardly be construed as arrogant and triggered a wave of everyone kneeling before the soccer.

Would you consider that arrogant?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This is false. But hey you keep saying that.

If anything Morgan is more arrogant with her tea cellies than anything Rapinoe did. I mean when you think Rapinoe you think of something political she did as a statement which could hardly be construed as arrogant and triggered a wave of everyone kneeling before the soccer.

Would you consider that arrogant?
I feel like you’re reading too far into this. She rubs me the wrong way, I don’t like her. I think she’s smug and arrogant as hell, I don’t like people like that. That’s my opinion.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Everything about her is fake.

She engages in faux protesting turning from the flag and kneeling yet has made racist tweets in the past

She "fights for equal pay" despite ignoring the fact that the women's team gets a larger % of the revenue generated than the men do, and got slapped down in court on such

She promoted her CBD company in the wake of Sha'Carri Richardson's suspension.

She is a self important smug "Im better than you" personality who is nothing more than a hypocrite

Sep 19, 2008
I feel like you’re reading too far into this. She rubs me the wrong way, I don’t like her. I think she’s smug and arrogant as hell, I don’t like people like that. That’s my opinion.
I don't see this but I've followed the US women's team closely since 2010 and have never seen anything close to what you've said. Then again my opinion is biased.

She does rub people the wrong way but it's not her attitude. It's her politics. Which again is not something to discuss here. :)

Everything about her is fake.

She engages in faux protesting turning from the flag and kneeling yet has made racist tweets in the past

She "fights for equal pay" despite ignoring the fact that the women's team gets a larger % of the revenue generated than the men do, and got slapped down in court on such

She promoted her CBD company in the wake of Sha'Carri Richardson's suspension.

She is a self important smug "Im better than you" personality who is nothing more than a hypocrite

if you want to complain about corporate rapinoe fine. All I'll say about the politics (trying to avoid tenser discussion which may lead to higher action) is that nothing about kneeling was wrong and that all the teams do it now so to call it fake is silly.

She is not the head of the equal pay, she is a voice but the other athletes have called for it too even from teams not including the US so are they unfair?

Don't know about CBD but she is shilling Subway now which puts people off the wrong way

She is not self important or smug. She is outspoken which makes people upset. Go look at what she did for her brother before calling her selfish and self important and smug. Why Megan Rapinoe's brother Brian is her greatest heartbreak, and hope

Geez, what a jerk! :rolleyes:

Sep 19, 2008
That being said personal story about Rapinoe she doesn't sign for fans lol

she just walks off the field after the game. That's what I've seen going to see her play at the games.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Rapinoe is easily the most annoying person in sports recently so glad our women's team put them in their place.

A gold would be amazing but making it to the finals is already an incredible achievement for these ladies especially since we got there by beating Brazil and USA

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Like I get anti-US sentiment

Don't get me wrong

Hate on the US all you want but if you're hating on Rapinoe your hate is highly misguided. What possible reason would you have to hate Rapinoe other than her obvious decline in play which is fair?

The only possible reason I could muster why anyone would dislike Rapinoe is because she is vocal politically, and if you are of that persuasion I don't think anything I could tell you would change your brainwashed mind.
Kneeling during her own anthem at the Olympics (biggest sporting event in the world) is a pretty disgraceful thing to do. It makes her and her entire nation look really really bad in front of a global audience

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Kneeling during her own anthem at the Olympics (biggest sporting event in the world) is a pretty disgraceful thing to do. It makes her and her entire nation look really really bad in front of a global audience

I don't like her, and I would suggest and I share similar political views.

I don't think kneeling during an anthem is a big deal, btw. If it draws attention to important issues, great.

She is arrogant.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Anytime Megan Rapinoe is on the losing end, I’m completely fine with it.
That is exactly what I was about to post, before I saw your post.

Nationalities aside, she is a real problem and it is good to see her lose.

Why is she a real problem? Because she causes segments of society to constantly be at each other's throats and fighting, all over an argument that is so completely flawed.

I am all for equal pay for equal work of equal value. But the one thing that gets forgotten is the "equal value" part.

She stands up there and preaches about how she should be making as much money as Lionel Messi, yet where is the "equal value"?

Messi brings in billions of dollars in revenues, and Rapinoe wouldn't even generate 10% of the revenues Messi does.

It is called "economics", and she doesn't seem to have any grasp of it.

If women's soccer players started making the same amount of money as men soccer players, without the corresponding increase in revenues, then the women's soccer league would go bankrupt in a span of a few weeks.

There are so many people that latch on to everything she says though, and start arguing with everyone they meet about it. It causes societal turmoil.

I don't like people who needlessly get people fighting with one another all in regards to BS propaanda.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm quite pleased for the Canadian women. I'm mainly happy for Sinclair to get a chance to win a big tournament as her career winds down, but yes it is much sweeter to do it against USA and in particular Rapinoe, especially while some of the players from 2012 are still active. I couldn't really care less about Canada beating USA in men's soccer but I enjoyed getting the win on the women's side. Now on to our most hated rivals - Sweden.

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Why should I sit down and be forced to be called horrible names if I don’t believe lies? Obama ordered best investigators the FBI had to Prove that Micheal Brown was shot in the back with his hands up. They had DNA, Forensics, Ballistics, Video, and witness statements and proved without any doubt that Brown never put up his hands and attacked the cop in the car grabbing at his gun. Not only that they proved that CNN brought in witnesses to lie and BLM threatened other witnesses with violence if they didn’t lie. Yet the Woke left still spreads that lie and calls people who profess the truth “racists, sick people , and not human” knowing it’s a lie. Until everyone agrees on the truth being the actual truth then people will continue to dig in their ideology. The problem is calling people names is never going to change minds.
Megan Kneels in support of an organization that is fraudulent and violent. I can not cheer for that.

But you see this from both sides of the political spectrum. That was my point.

This isn't just an issue with the "woke left".

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
And so has CNN, from the opposite side of the spectrum.

Mainstream media outlets thrive and prosper on chaos and dissent. They honestly love it when the world is burning, because it generates profits and revenues for them.

If the world isn't burning on any given night? Then they simply try to manufacture chaos and dissent, just to keep everyone feeling agitated and worked-up.

I would get into concrete examples I have of this. But a moderator may interpret my examples as being too political.

In general terms, the successful dissemination and belief of a propagandist message requires constant reinforcement.

As for your other point?

It can definitely be important to consider the points of view of people who have different opinions than yourself.

However, some points of view expressed by individuals are so outside reality that they can be dismissed at face-value.

Rapinoe is an example of this.

When someone starts talking about equal pay, then I start thinking in economic terms 10 seconds into their speech.

With Rapinoe's beliefs, it is easy to dismiss them immediately by looking at the simple fact that women soccer players can't be paid the same or else their league would go bankrupt. You simply can't pay Group A the same as Group B, when Group B generates 10 X more revenue.

CNN is also bad.

You will never agree with someone 100%, and sometimes listening to difference of opinion, you can find out you are both trying to solve the same issue.

Life experience, cultural norms, type education, and many other things can influence this.

I mean if someone calls themselves "conservative", what does that really mean? Are they fiscally conservative? Socially? Are they really just a libertarian? If you're a liberal, does that just mean socially.

The reality is, if your conservative leaning it doesn't mean your some biggot. If you're socially progressive it doesn't mean your an Arts major, waiting tables wailing against the man.

There are fantatics on both sides of the spectrum.

Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath, and listen to an opinion that makes you uncomfortable. Not someone calling you names, but challenging your beliefs in a respectful way.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
On top of the many many reasons discussed here as to why people don't like Rapinoe, I simply can't get past the disgraceful dance she did against Thailand in the World Cup. This year i have the good fortune of coaching a U13 team that is clearly better than many of our opponents and you can well believe i have discussed with them how we will respect our opponents if we get a big lead. Two years ago in U11 we were the ones on the wrong end of big scores and most (not all) coaches were very good about it. The Antithesis of Rapinoe... makes me angry revisiting this again.

Did The USWNT’s Senior Players Disrespect Thailand with their Celebrations? (My Opinion) - YouTube

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
On top of the many many reasons discussed here as to why people don't like Rapinoe, I simply can't get past the disgraceful dance she did against Thailand in the World Cup. This year i have the good fortune of coaching a U13 team that is clearly better than many of our opponents and you can well believe i have discussed with them how we will respect our opponents if we get a big lead. Two years ago in U11 we were the ones on the wrong end of big scores and most (not all) coaches were very good about it. The Antithesis of Rapinoe... makes me angry revisiting this again.

Did The USWNT’s Senior Players Disrespect Thailand with their Celebrations? (My Opinion) - YouTube
This was the first of many times she’s completely gotten on my nerves. She’s arrogant as hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad