HF Habs: So who would you like Habs to draft @ 15?

So which would you draft at 15?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think there is a bit of hypocrisy with BPA

Did we really draft KK as a bpa or he was fulfilling a need at center?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He was BPA.

Can't agree with that. If we have a depth at C, he is not a Habs. Zadina, maybe even Tkachuk or Hughes. But I don't see how he was the BPA at the time.

Unless some will try to combine by saying that he became BPA 'cause he was a need....but that's not what it should be. Needs is you go after somebody you think might not be as great....but even less than slightly great, he's still a MVP for you.

When people talk about going for a left D right now...is that BPA? Clearly not. Well we needed a C. Big time.

By the way, not saying that he won't finally be BPA when all is said and done. But at the time? No.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
BPA is subjective anyways....the poll should exclude BPA imo, unless we are picking which position we should draft

Reactions: a55p2

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
BPA is subjective anyways....the poll should exclude BPA imo, unless we are picking which position we should draft

in the poll "BPA" is mutually exclusive to the other picks. in reality, this is not the case.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Kotka was BPA, but it gets to be a gray area when Timmins says things like "more value is put on centers".

In any event, we can claim that Kotka was BPA because he wasn't an obvious reach over any particular player. If Svesh was still on the board, then we would claim he was picked because of need, but we can't say this simply because we passed on Z or Tkachuck.

Reactions: dcal64

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I think there is a bit of hypocrisy with BPA

Did we really draft KK as a bpa or he was fulfilling a need at center?

He was BPA but it didn't help the argument that we were in dire need of a center. While I'm sure some would still pick Tkachuk, I feel most fans would still pick Kotkaniemi.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Lajoie has been on an absolute tear in the playoffs right now... stock raising big time, not too mention his size and skating.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
ya for us, he was definitely NOT BPA for most teams.

No one is gonna have the same definition of BPA.

So yes KK was one of the BPAs.

Arizona reached on Hayton. That's kind of where you see the difference. I think you can say the same for Foudy and Dellandrea. But it's not really clear cut.

Reactions: strongcomp05

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Can't agree with that. If we have a depth at C, he is not a Habs. Zadina, maybe even Tkachuk or Hughes. But I don't see how he was the BPA at the time.

Unless some will try to combine by saying that he became BPA 'cause he was a need....but that's not what it should be. Needs is you go after somebody you think might not be as great....but even less than slightly great, he's still a MVP for you.

When people talk about going for a left D right now...is that BPA? Clearly not. Well we needed a C. Big time.

By the way, not saying that he won't finally be BPA when all is said and done. But at the time? No.

BPA is always subjective, he wasn't who I thought was the BPA, but that doesn't mean he wasn't legitimately BPA for someone. I can certainly see why people considered him BPA back then, but a case could've also been made for Tkachuk or Zadina and a few others.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
generally, i don't like the term BPA because people have a different evaluation for BPA. is it best package of skills and physical tools? then KK or maybe Dobson was it. is it whoever was highest ranked in the consensus rankings? Zadina was that guy and boy it would have been the wrong pick. if it's success relative to competition, then i'd argue Quinn Hughes was that guy.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
I'd be okay with Caufield or Newhook at 15.
I chose Caufield in the poll based on the reality of him being available at 15 and being a RW/C.

Reactions: Apeironic

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
''BPA'' and ''Need'' are pretty much options for people that don't really check the prospects. If you know the prospects, you have an opinion who's the BPA and who's the best for needs.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
KK was in a group of a number of players after the 2nd pick that had little seperation between them. I saw a case for all of my 3 to 11 spot as BPA and I still think they all had legitimate arguments in favor of each of them.

Jul 6, 2016
KK was in a group of a number of players after the 2nd pick that had little seperation between them. I saw a case for all of my 3 to 11 spot as BPA and I still think they all had legitimate arguments in favor of each of them.

Right. Habs drafted for their needs.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I wouldn't pick Caufield for the same reason I wouldn't give 10M to Panarin, not when there are other valuable options to pursue that better fit your team needs short term, medium term and long term. If MON was LA, I would draft Caufield.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I added the BPA choice for those who really have no preference on who the habs draft or don't have much knowledge in the current prospects.

For everyone else, there are other choices! ;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are probably good players to be had at this slot but my choice is to trade the pick plus add a piece or two and try to move up and try to vye for a better candidate. Of course, the deal would have to make sense. Not going to trade Domi or KK. But, something that involves Drouin and some other piece if needed, plus the 15th pick, assuming there were interest in Drouin, should be explored.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Wouldn't mind Newhook at 15 but I also LOVE Brink, I hope we end up moving up for him. York and Heinola are also great, lotsa options.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wouldn't mind Newhook at 15 but I also LOVE Brink, I hope we end up moving up for him. York and Heinola are also great, lotsa options.

How many spots would the Habs need to move up in order to be within range of significantly superior talent than they would at 15?

Has anyone tiered the talent pool to see where the sweet spots are?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad