Minnesota
VQt1U.jpg

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Reusse

I don't care if it's only 24-game home schedule for Wild, I'm still determined to reach my regular season quota for games (2) at the X.

See, I'd prefer he be turned away at the door. Stay in Minneapolis, ya dingleberry!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Put this in the general forum, but gonna post it here too. We may get hockey back...then again based on some tweets....maybe it's not as soon as we think. Either way, I'll be happy that it's back, but some respect has been lost for both sides....and some players more so than others based on their comments. Even when this is over with, there won't be ANY winners. Only victims...us fans. And we won't get an apology either. But the game is in the blood too much that I won't give up on being a part of it. Cripes, my mother wore a St. Paul Fighting Saints jacket at my christening 33 years ago. Like I said, it's too strong in the blood.

Plus, the tickets for the season are already paid for. ;)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm not even going to complain about people booing this season.

Iowa Wild Fan

Jun 22, 2012
Iowa
I'll preface by saying I think this gets done. But by following the hockey people we are not to the crossing the t's and dotting the i's part of all this. But if you listen to the non hockey people they act like it's done.

1674 as far as coming back I look at it this way. Watching NHL hockey is something I enjoy why should I stop doing something I enjoy by doing a silly boycott when they come back? Does that mean I am happy with all parties involved? Absolutely not.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
i'm not even going to complain about people booing this season.
Ya know what I would love? To see everyone get a simple print-out of a dollar sign. Nothing but a big, bold dollar sign on a white sheet of paper. Then have every fan hold it up at the beginning of the game for a few minutes. It's not like throwing pennies or dollar bills on the ice like some have suggested. It won't hold the game up or risk injury on a player. It's not costly. It's just a little middle finger to both sides that won't take up time, effort, or space. The fans should be given that chance to have a voice. The NHL and NHLPA were given voices and platforms to speak on. This would be our opportunity to do so and let them know that we may be here in this building cheering, but don't mistake the fact that we were hurt and WON'T forget the damage you've done. You're gonna have to earn the respect back that you lost.

Then ya know...after the 5 minute mark of the period, people can hold up their "I Love Parise" signs. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Billy Mays Here*

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like talks broke down again today. I can't name my sources but here's the skinny:

sources are telling me talks broke down again after NHL brought in lunch sandwiches on whole wheat bread, while PA was told sandwiches would be on white bread

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like talks broke down again today. I can't name my sources but here's the skinny:

sources are telling me talks broke down again after NHL brought in lunch sandwiches on whole wheat bread, while PA was told sandwiches would be on white bread
According to my sources...

The NHL originally used white bread, but the NHLPA again didn't show up on time. By the time they arrived, there was mold on the white bread, so they had to make new ones on whole wheat.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Might not be his fault for that. The PA probably requested some Peanut Butter M&M's. Really easy to make that mistake especially if he had to hear the request over Fehr's demand for one dozen kitkat bars.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I thought that there would have been some news this morning, good or bad. Just check them, read what happened and do other things. But they're still in da room!! Which is a good thing though.

It seems that I got to go out, skating with my family :shakehead :sarcasm: :D

A couple of hours and let's see if I will be back here f5:ing... or??

Billy Mays Here*

Yeah I'm hearing numerous reports that the lockout is indeed over. Getting that awful feeling again (optimism).

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So now with the cap number being reported, do we need to take advantage of possible compliance buyouts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad