So Who Is Bummed About The Lockout III ---> Season likely to start on Jan. 19th

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have NHL Network and Russo for hockey coverage. ESPN serves its purpose for the other things, although NFL Network >>>> ESPN for football now.

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
lol@NASCAR

drive over and over again in the same circles at high speeds... NASCAR is popular because a) doing the same thing 200 times is understandable and b) ZOMG the crashes!

*sigh*

NASCAR is popular because it's a form of motorsport that's easy to follow and it's closer to the common folk than IRL or Formula 1. Sure, you'd think that turning left for 3 hours is easy, but newsflash: It's not. Go ahead, give it a shot. I'm sure you can find a copy of Nascar Racing 2003 Season by Papyrus somewhere, or try it in iRacing. Then come back and tell me it's easy.

Sure, folks love it because of the crashes, but they also love their favorite drivers. And tell me that 42 cars racing 200mph 3-wide for a big sum of money and glory is not interesting.

I, for one, follow NASCAR occasionally. I'm not a devoted follower or a big fan, but I usually watch the superspeedway races and the road courses. Still, the most difficult ones are probably the standard 1-mile ovals. And Darlington. Ohh boy.

But yeah, let's get back on topic, shall we?

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
I'm a fan of NASCAR and watch as many races as I possibly can and I agree with difficulty of the sport. I was just talking on a popularity with fans perspective.

Can't wait for the 19th baby!!

1339605827_excited_fan.gif

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Back atcha. I used to drive for a Sprint car team down in Knoxville. I know how difficult it can be on dirt and how bloody easy it is on smooth pavement. :)

Keyword: Smooth. Add 40 other cars in the mix, the turbulent air, cold tyres and bump drafting and it's not easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->