Speculation: So ... What's Next?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
It makes perfect sense. CC had so many things to work on post-draft. Skating, defense, being one-dimensional etc.. Point is he got to develop away from the limelight while KK has been here since 18. They are nearly the same age.

If you believe CC would be better than he is now if he were in the NHL at 18 you're delusional. He was a very raw prospect that needed the two years to go back to Wisconsin and develop.

KK hasn't had that opportunity since he stepped foot on NHL ice with great expectations at 18. He hasn't improved is pure nonsense (please don't just throw me the stat line to make your point.) Those 200 games are not a tell all given that they're roughly the same age but just developed differently.
The stat line is what counts ffs. Contracts are based on stats. 100% on stats. You’re trying to debate a point but you wanna take away my main point
We will not agree. Kk is a huge disappointment to me. He was f***ing scratched in the cup I guess the coach thinks the same

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
The stat line is what counts ffs. Contracts are based on stats. 100% on stats. You’re trying to debate a point but you wanna take away my main point
We will not agree. Kk is a huge disappointment to me. He was f***ing scratched in the cup I guess the coach thinks the same
So is Romanov then? He was scratched virtually all POs.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So is Romanov then? He was scratched virtually all POs.
If Romanov , 3 years in to his career is Doing shit like Kk I will say yes. Oh ones a 3rd oa the other isn second round.

Last edited by a moderator:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Kk is strong?? Lol. Wtf are you talking about man
He’s one of the weakest players on the team.

You misunderstood my post. For KK to be successful his game relies on strength. He is still developing that aspect, thus is not (consistently) successful yet. Once he does get stronger he will be fine

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You misunderstood my post. For KK to be successful his game relies on strength. He is still developing that aspect, thus is not (consistently) successful yet. Once he does get stronger he will be fine
If. If he gets stronger. I don’t buy the strength thing.
Talent isn’t there.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
If Romanov , 3 years in to his career is Doing shit like Kk I will say yes. Oh ones a 3rd oa the other isn second round.
Romanov is 3 years into his career. He was drafted the same year as KK. I like how age is completely irrelevant for you but some how only years in the NHL is. Anyways I'm done with this futile discussion.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Romanov is 3 years into his career. He was drafted the same year as KK. I like how age is completely irrelevant for you but some how only years in the NHL is. Anyways I'm done with this futile discussion.
He was a rookie. Lol. Lol. Yeah I’m done with you too. Kk is a huge ass disappointment

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So we are signing Danault for league minimum?
Danualt averages 45-50 pts a year. Please go look at what that nets a players. Please go look.
I’ll guarantee it’s 4-5 million. And as a UFA. Lol

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Danualt averages 45-50 pts a year. Please go look at what that nets a players. Please go look.
Danault average 45-50 points a seson when his 2 wingers carried him.
Tatar and Gallagher were both awful for half the season and by some magic Danault was completely useless

Now put Danault in a third center position with Lekhonen and Armia at 14min a night and see if he can get more than 25points a season.
He played on default as top center with the best wingers because we did not have anything better.
It's time to move on. His 1 goal in 34 playoff games says it all also. Dude can't play offensively

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Danault average 45-50 points a seson when his 2 wingers carried him.
Tatar and Gallagher were both awful for half the season and by some magic Danault was completely useless

Now put Danault in a third center position with Lekhonen and Armia at 14min a night and see if he can get more than 25points a season.
It’ doesn’t matter. He still averages 45-50 pts and is a great shut down centre. I don’t want Danualt re signed. But reality is he will be and he will get 45-50 pts again. So his pts and and his shut down ability will get him 5 million.
Stats always count

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
It’ doesn’t matter. He still averages 45-50 pts and is a great shut down centre. I don’t want Danualt re signed. But reality is he will be and he will get 45-50 pts again. So his pts and and his shut down ability will get him 5 million.
Stats always count
He will be a 45-50 points center if the team that signs him use him as a top 6 center with 2 good wingers. If he was to play his real role as thirdcenter with real third line winger , Danault wouldnt generate offense at all. That was my point I was trying to say. also 45 points for a guy that play 17min average agame is awful

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He will be a 45-50 points center if the team that signs him use him as a top 6 center with 2 good wingers. If he was to play his real role as thirdcenter with real third line winger , Danault wouldnt generate offense at all. That was my point I was trying to say. also 45 points for a guy that play 17min average agame is awful
I’m not disagreeing. But any team that signs him will utilize him as a 2 C He will get his 5 million
Kevin hayes got 7!!!!! Danualt is a better all around players

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I’m not disagreeing. But any team that signs him will utilize him as a 2 C He will get his 5 million
Kevin hayes got 7!!!!! Danualt is a better all around players[/QUOTE

Kevin Hayes was an awful mistake also , But he was also signed before covid made the cap stay low. But atleast Kevin Hayes can score more than 9 goals a season

Same goes for Marner who was overpaid.
Same goes for Gallagher.

A lot of GM takes dumb decision , if we can avoid this one after the 5.5x7 to Anderson and 6.5X6 to Gallagher to actually use that money to fix our team , that would be great

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Danualt is a better player than hayes. To me it’s not even close. And I’m not a Danualt fan

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Good try stud
He got 4 more points than KK this regular season despite getting top line minutes... and KK had more goals than Phil had points in the playoffs..... so how much more is KK worth?

Reactions: nicehiss

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He got 4 more points than KK this regular season despite getting top line minutes... and KK had more goals than Phil had points in the playoffs..... so how much more is KK worth?
Ok man Keep reaching. If you think KK is more valuable than Danualt then you know very little
Again go look at what a Player averaging 50pts a season makes in UFA. You didn’t answer that. Cuz it would just massacre your argument

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Find somewhere in the Habs system (?), in a trade or as a UFA that puck-moving D. Assuming Habs maintain the same level everwhere else, I don’t see anything more beneficial to improve the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad