Speculation: So ... What's Next?

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Would make sense. I have been saying for months that no team in the NHL would want him on their team, including Mtl. Either he stays LTIR, or Mtl has to buy him out. I guess Drouin did not want to stay on LTIR. I know this will be a shock for many of you, but as the playoffs showed, Drouin was an anchor. Addition by subtraction. Flashy, but not effective unfortunately.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Drouin to be bought out as per team990. Saving $3.7 mil
Is that even allowed? Is it because of his injury reserve status? If true, it probably means the end of his NHL career because I have no doubt that MB tried to move him if at all possible. Do teams have insurance for this sort of thing? I have always wondered about that.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Is that even allowed? Is it because of his injury reserve status? If true, it probably means the end of his NHL career because I have no doubt that MB tried to move him if at all possible. Do teams have insurance for this sort of thing? I have always wondered about that.
I think it’s bs. I don’t believe you can buy out a guy ltir. I could be wrong. But why buy him out. Put him on ltir to start the season

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I think it’s bs. I don’t believe you can buy out a guy ltir. I could be wrong. But why buy him out. Put him on ltir to start the season

If the player wants to play and is not injured, you can't keep him on LTIR. Drouin probably wants to resume his career. Mtl does not want him around. Thus, the buyout.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I find it hard to believe a team wouldn’t give up an asset for Drouin at 50% retained. 2.75m a year only is a great gamble for a skillful guy like him

Reactions: tooji

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
really ? They talked about it this afternoon on NHL radio , but it was just a possibility.

He actually always does that this poster..

Posts radio debates as if they were actual fact
They suggest buying out drouin for some reason
And this guy comes here posting like it's real and done..

I suspect he writes it like that Instead of "Team690 THINKS they should buy out drouin" as a sort of "I broke the story first" type deal

In actuality, buying out drouin makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, you can leave him on LTIR and save even more cash without a cap penalty.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Kk has played 200 games. Caufield is a much better player and a bigger talent with a 1/4 of the same
Size

I think caufield has a much better shot and offensive instincts overall but I disagree otherwise

Caufield doesn’t look good at all playing without the puck and when he’s not in the offensive zone. He needs to really work on his defensive game and turnovers

Kotka is a much more complete player so far and his playoff production is impressive

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Seems like a stupid idea if he stays LITR.
I don't see the logic behind that.

LITR is only good for us if we are certain he isn't coming back for at least a year and preferably for the remainder of his contract.

Otherwise you can't invest the cap relief if there is a chance the guy could to pop up on your active roster in the middle of February.

Reactions: Archijerej

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
KK was a bad draft pick tbqh

I'm confident that he won't be a bad pick, but yes, the jury is still out.

The assessment can't be made until he develops physically, because that will be a big part of his game, and you can tell he's still filling in slowly but surely.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Ok man Keep reaching. If you think KK is more valuable than Danualt then you know very little
Again go look at what a Player averaging 50pts a season makes in UFA. You didn’t answer that. Cuz it would just massacre your argument
You said contracts are 100% based on stats... I gave you 2 players with the same stats..... yet you are adamant one is worth more..... who's argument is destroyed? :laugh: of course Phil's worth is more than stats. If it was just stats there wouldn't be contract negotiations..... just a mathematical equation.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You said contracts are 100% based on stats... I gave you 2 players with the same stats..... yet you are adamant one is worth more..... who's argument is destroyed? :laugh: of course Phil's worth is more than stats. If it was just stats there wouldn't be contract negotiations..... just a mathematical equation.
When KK averages 45-50 pts a year he will get 5 million
You still haven’t answered my question. What does a 50pt player get when he’s UFA. Especially a centre
And Danualt put up better stats. Even in a shit year. Kk was awful. Last year as well. So again your arrangement got debunked

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think caufield has a much better shot and offensive instincts overall but I disagree otherwise

Caufield doesn’t look good at all playing without the puck and when he’s not in the offensive zone. He needs to really work on his defensive game and turnovers

Kotka is a much more complete player so far and his playoff production is impressive
31 other GMs will pick Caufield over KK 100/100

kk is had a terrible year this year and last year and played well the first two rounds before going MIA

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
When KK averages 45-50 pts a year he will get 5 million
You still haven’t answered my question. What does a 50pt player get when he’s UFA. Especially a centre
And Danualt put up better stats. Even in a shit year. Kk was awful. Last year as well. So again your arrangement got debunked
There is no cookie cutter answer... that's the point...a 50 pt centre that can shut down the other teams top line.... or a 50 pt defensive liability..... there is more than just stats......

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I find it hard to believe a team wouldn’t give up an asset for Drouin at 50% retained. 2.75m a year only is a great gamble for a skillful guy like him

As of now he’s a 50pt middle 6 winger. And he actually maintains that pace in the playoffs if you look at his stats. Buyout seems hard to believe for me.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
There is no cookie cutter answer... that's the point...a 50 pt centre that can shut down the other teams top line.... or a 50 pt defensive liability..... there is more than just stats......
I agree. But stats get players paid especially when it’s UFA. Kk being a RFA has zero leverage. Especially after 2 piss poor seasons
You just better hope Danault gives the habs a discount.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I agree. But stats get players paid especially when it’s UFA. Kk being a RFA has zero leverage. Especially after 2 piss poor seasons
You just better hope Danault gives the habs a discount.
You seem to be stuck on kk vs PD, my point was simply there is more to contracts than points.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You seem to be stuck on kk vs PD, my point was simply there is more to contracts than points.
For d men yes. When a forward negotiates a contrasts, their agents always bring up similar players in points.
If Danault was getting 30 pts and shutting people down he wouldn’t even sniff 5 million

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00