Speculation: So ... What's Next?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
For d men yes. When a forward negotiates a contrasts, their agents always bring up similar players in points.
If Danault was getting 30 pts and shutting people down he wouldn’t even sniff 5 million

Isn’t that what Danault was this season?

Danault played 75 games this season and had 6 goals and 28 points. That’s a 30-31 point pace over 82 games.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Isn’t that what Danault was this season?

Danault played 75 games this season and had 6 goals and 28 points. That’s a 30-31 point pace.
And the 3 previous years?? He will get a mulligan for this year. It’s obvious. I don’t even want Danault back. But he has averaged 45-50 pts a year. He’s gonna get paid

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
For d men yes. When a forward negotiates a contrasts, their agents always bring up similar players in points.
If Danault was getting 30 pts and shutting people down he wouldn’t even sniff 5 million
But he'd get more than a 30pt defensive liability.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
And the 3 previous years?? He will get a mulligan for this year. It’s obvious. I don’t even want Danault back. But he has averaged 45-50 pts a year. He’s gonna get paid

My question is what he’ll be going forward. Can he go back to putting up 45-50 points or not.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Danault's career ppg is .51 which over 82 is 42 pts. The problem is the lack of goals, in 38 playoff games he has 2 goals, in almost 400 NHL games he has 55 goals. In a flat cap world where we don't have a lot of money to improve the team they have to be careful with each contract they give out. They got lucky to get Toffoli so cheap so that helps, having CC, Romanov on ELC's helps, not sure who else they will add on ELC's in the next 2 or so years as hopefully we are out of the flat cap era by then.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
My question is what he’ll be going forward. Can he go back to putting up 45-50 points or not.
He will get 45 pts with Gallagher and a new winger. Just don’t expect shit from him if they make the playoffs.
Habs need 2 offensive centres. We only have one

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Lars Eller comparison, what a great use of a 3ova pick!

More like, Bambi you falls down with the slightest breeze and gases out mid season.
Eller was a string bean too. I just see the comparable, not rating if a 3oa should project higher than Lars ;)

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Find a way to rid yourself of Drouin. Call Seattle and send him packing with a pick. Also, try to upgrade the LD and sign a top 6 LW. Sign Danault, Perry and Armia to friendly deals. Sad to see Tatar leaving for nothing. He should have been dealt at the trade deadline.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
To me the team is still closer to the regular season version. Mtl is full credit for taking advantage of the breaks they caught and played extremely well.

We also must recognize, MTLs top wont be able to smash the opposition in the regular season without penalties or consistently play 25+ a night

LW is also a major void. I dont see Anderson or Toffoli as an answer and id like this team to find a legit player for Suzuki. Gives an option to go power vs power.

Danault at 4 would be fine. Then a PMD

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013
Danault's career ppg is .51 which over 82 is 42 pts. The problem is the lack of goals, in 38 playoff games he has 2 goals, in almost 400 NHL games he has 55 goals. In a flat cap world where we don't have a lot of money to improve the team they have to be careful with each contract they give out. They got lucky to get Toffoli so cheap so that helps, having CC, Romanov on ELC's helps, not sure who else they will add on ELC's in the next 2 or so years as hopefully we are out of the flat cap era by then.
And before this year he was the go to guy offensively with Gallagher and Tatar, so those numbers will only decline

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
So what’s the cap penalty situation related to bonuses?

Yeah, nobody mentioned how much Cap from bonuses this year is being forced onto next year's Cap? We know there is some, but not how much.

The only question I have is how much KK possibly got in bonuses because the standard bonuses weren't met, I don't think, the ones where you need to finish top-10 in the League or at the top for your team, maybe apart from TOI?

Beyond that, there would be 425K for Suzuki (but did he qualifie for all of that?) and 212.5K for Romanov who likely didm't qualifie for a bonus either.

I don't see how the total carried over bonuses could be beyond 750K and I really don't think we come close to that, unless the KK bonuses are gimmes like needing to smile once a game or having a prominent mole...

I honestly don't think the carry over situation will be a drastic handicap for the team's Cap.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Flat cap.........reduced revenuse etc has anyone becoming a ufa is real bad timing.....unfortunate for many, but especially Phil....his two way play has almost disappeared....he is trending as a shutdown guy only....The proof is in the numbers. He will be lucky to get 30-40 pts as he moves forward. Which is fine, once again, just not at his price.....it will be the teams price, no matter the team.
His best bet, is to stay with the habs, it's probably where the best offer comes from.....If it goes towards or over 5M there will be huge regret....

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
This? Craig Button states that, in his opinion, if a trade isn't possible a buyout is the right course of action.

I don't believe drouin has negative value. I think there would be a number of teams willing to add a skill player like that and understanding that a big part of drouins inability to remain consistent is because of where he's playing. I believe st.louis could be one and tarasenko is a player we should target

Reactions: dcyhabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad