OT: So....what are you going to do?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If you have a ps4, I'd recommend Bloodborne. I think it's the peak of the From Soft games and a bit easier to pick up with it being more streamlined.

I find Sekiro to be a better Bloodborne. Bloodborne feels like it wants to be Sekiro while holding on to too many Dark Souls elements like that God-damn stamina bar.

Bloodborne was a breath of fresh air after DS1 & 2 but Sekiro really impressed me. That last boss is just incredible.

The only thing I could see being an issue is if someone really doesn't like the setting for some reason. I must admit to loving old school samurai movies so I am the target audience.

Anyone looking for a great game should look at Control as long as they don't have a base PS4/Xbox. A fantastic third person shooter that flew under the radar. It looks incredible on PC with RTX.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone looking for a great game should look at Control as long as they don't have a base PS4/Xbox. A fantastic third person shooter that flew under the radar. It looks incredible on PC with RTX.

I thought that game looked cool. Would it run like crap on the base PS4?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Played some Hollow Knight today. Pretty good. I’m a big fan of Metroid of course. You don’t get the cool space atmosphere and sounds but I like insects too :)
Should get better once I get some items and skills. Some call it a souls like metroidvania thing. Ok, close enough.
Not regretting the $9.99 purchase so far.

Reactions: The Big Ruszkowski

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Played some Hollow Knight today. Pretty good. I’m a big fan of Metroid of course. You don’t get the cool space atmosphere and sounds but I like insects too :)
Should get better once I get some items and skills. Some call it a souls like metroidvania thing. Ok, close enough.
Not regretting the $9.99 purchase so far.

Such an awesome game, but I'm just too old to play it. I can't for the life of me get past the second boss. 10-15 years ago when my reflexes were sharper I would have crushed that game. Being in my mid 30s and gaming less, that game made me it's bitch lol

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Such an awesome game, but I'm just too old to play it. I can't for the life of me get past the second boss. 10-15 years ago when my reflexes were sharper I would have crushed that game. Being in my mid 30s and gaming less, that game made me it's bitch lol
Took me a few tries to get past the false Knight. Gruz mother not a problem. Would like some more mobility but I’m guessing that’s coming (?).
Also, I really liked and was surprised by guacamelee last year. Another good metroidvania game. A bit easier I think.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I thought that game looked cool. Would it run like crap on the base PS4?

My understanding is that it doesn't run very well on the base PS4 unfortunately.

Patches have improved things a bit but even a Pro will struggle a bit. It is a shame.

Reactions: Deku

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Best RPG of all time is FF7 for PS1

Very hard disagree and I got a PS1 because of FFVII back in the day; FFVI and Chrono Trigger are the top dogs. Although JRPGs have not aged well at all.

EDIT: this TP meme got me good this morning:

ETECP5DWAAEjYZN

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Very hard disagree and I got a PS1 because of FFVII back in the day; FFVI and Chrono Trigger are the top dogs. Although JRPGs have not aged well at all.

EDIT: this TP meme got me good this morning:

ETECP5DWAAEjYZN
Nothing will ever top that game for me.

Another favorite is Secret Of Mana for SNES

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I find Sekiro to be a better Bloodborne. Bloodborne feels like it wants to be Sekiro while holding on to too many Dark Souls elements like that God-damn stamina bar.

Bloodborne was a breath of fresh air after DS1 & 2 but Sekiro really impressed me. That last boss is just incredible.

The only thing I could see being an issue is if someone really doesn't like the setting for some reason. I must admit to loving old school samurai movies so I am the target audience.

Yeah Sekiro feels like they absolutely perfected their craft. I'll get back in there at some point.

I've been holding out on a new PC build for Control to get the full experience. I've heard such amazing things about it. I know I'll love it. Alan Wake is still one of my favourite games of all time. I got my girlfriend who's an avid gamer and Stephen King fan that for her birthday last year. Had to really search far and wide for a physical copy. Made a lil custom drawn case for her and everything. I'm terrible at drawing so it was somewhat charming.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think I've played that game upwards 1000 times. It was my entire childhood, I even have 2 mint copies of kotor 1 and 2 just in case to pass on to my future kids lmao.
I played that entire game on my phone a few years ago. Actually a really good port. Makes me sad to see the state of Bioware these days. Mass Effect 2 was probably my favourite game of all time. My roommate and I in university probably played through it like 10 times in 2 weeks to see all the different outcomes.

I've heard KOTOR 2 with some mods is incredible. I should look into that... hope we get a 3rd installment at some point.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I played that entire game on my phone a few years ago. Actually a really good port. Makes me sad to see the state of Bioware these days. Mass Effect 2 was probably my favourite game of all time. My roommate and I in university probably played through it like 10 times in 2 weeks to see all the different outcomes.

I've heard KOTOR 2 with some mods is incredible. I should look into that... hope we get a 3rd installment at some point.

Yea, I legit don't know what happened to them, even for KOTOR 2 it was considered fail due to standards first one was at, they half assed it but I heard on mods its nuts. I loved the story line. Could have been more. ***** whoever got in the way of *****ing up a 3rd.

Kotor 1 took 25-35 hours to complete just doing the main tasks absolutely quick and up to like 80+ hours doing all the side missions. It was unbelievable, it was beautiful, and there were hundreds of outcomes.

I still have all the Mass Effects, I never got a chance to playing them, guess I'll have something to do soon.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I've been doing 50+ hour weeks on this current work contract which is ongoing until late April so........yeah I'll be doing that, and considering I work from home, this is more about the rest of the world reflecting my own lifestyle than me making any major adjustment. What sucks is having no hockey to distract me.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Yup, restored content mod makes KOTOR 2 an absolute masterpiece. In many ways it elevates it above the original.

BioWare used to be so good man. Jade Empire was straight fire.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

KotOR 2 has the best Star Wars story and characters of every single Star Wars thing ever made. It is incredible. Written by the guy responsible for the creative in New Vega, Chris Avelone.

The game looks and plays like ass though. It was passable at best in 2005.

Just tried Borderlands 3 since it is 50% off on Steam but after Doom 2016, which I recently completed, everything is just so sloooooooow. Second refund ever via Steam, what a nice feature.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Women curling boys..

They are showing a ton of past women curling events.

Anything better than a good looking women screaming: Hurry Hard ?

Reactions: Blotto71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad