play video games
walk the dog
go for bike rides

basically makes for a nice staycation

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Boys, I need advise, I booked my family a nice little vacation end of May to turkey and Egypt, see some cool food and culture experiences and the pyramids ofc.

The airlines giving me 3 days to change the dates, if I want, free of charge anytime between now and December 30 of this year. No other time really works for any of us unless a couple weeks into June.

What do you advise? Should I ride it out? Should I book something else entirely? This could not have come at a worst time.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Also pretty devastated that my fantasy league won’t be finishing, I was pretty much a shoe in at 200 buck buy in 12 person league...Thanks in part to winning back to back playoff pools for the 1st pick in a keeper league 2 years in a row :laugh:

Attachments

• 4AD0B063-3026-4615-86C2-3648458D6E09.png
    4AD0B063-3026-4615-86C2-3648458D6E09.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 8

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Boys, I need advise, I booked my family a nice little vacation end of May to turkey and Egypt, see some cool food and culture experiences and the pyramids ofc.

The airlines giving me 3 days to change the dates, if I want, free of charge anytime between now and December 30 of this year. No other time really works for any of us unless a couple weeks into June.

What do you advise? Should I ride it out? Should I book something else entirely? This could not have come at a worst time.

I have a Cuba trip in 2 weeks with Sunwing. They're offering vouchers to switch the dates.

My gut feeling is that the "flatten the curve" efforts, along with the US bungling this thing is going to make travel unfeasible for a while. I'm expecting they won't be lifting measures until the summer, maybe in July or August. Then I expect that once the measures are lifted, we'll start to see the number of cases rise again until they'll have to re-introduce measures again in November-December, especially with Christmas travel and flu season. I'm expecting I'll be able to go on my trip in August or something.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Cancel or change dates
You might have to quarantine on return

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Actually wtf am I thinking. My work has provided no instruction or plan, so I’m in the office all of next week.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I'm going to begin my spring lawn regime early, in pursuit of the type of yard that makes women swoon and men weep...all while encouraging the kids to stomp a complete mud-hole in it every day :)

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There is always lots of stuff to do around the house, I'm probably going to start painting soon, insulating the garage & cleaning up after winter. Stay safe everyone.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Man have things changed in the last 3 days. I got an email over night advising the city is closing the rinks as of Monday. I expect I'll get another advising the Sensplexes are closed. There goes 3 games a week. That's my only exercise

Sports is a 52 week a year addiction. I play and watch. f***. I can't even go fishing at this time of year.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.

What are your plans? How will you make use of all the time?

One thing i predict is a global spike in babies born December 2020 January 2021.
The draft in 2038 is going to be ELITE

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Actually wtf am I thinking. My work has provided no instruction or plan, so I’m in the office all of next week.

My work did nothing yet either, but it’s because there’s no plan, yet.

I am sure we will know on Monday.

I am planning on staying home for a few weeks.

Luckily, my work is setup for multi office communications, across the globe. Microsoft Teams is good for this.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I had to cancel a vacation in Malta. I'd wouldn't advise anyone to agree to changing dates for a scheduled vacation. There's no telling how long this thing is going to last. Just wait it out and book something when we get the all clear.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I don’t know yet. I’m lost with no sport. No I’m kidding. Well I am a bit lost but my plan is to continue investing my money. THIS is the perfect time to invest as everything is going doing. So I’ll keep watching where I can get opportunities to invest.

Not me. The bottom is still a long way out as far as I'm concerned. Even if quarantines can control this, its going to kill the economy. And we have no idea when the end of this thing is going to happen. Re-infection looks possible and the summer might not kill it off. It will just keep popping back up whenever people go back to work

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Not me. The bottom is still a long way out as far as I'm concerned. Even if quarantines can control this, its going to kill the economy. And we have no idea when the end of this thing is going to happen. Re-infection looks possible and the summer might not kill it off. It will just keep popping back up whenever people go back to work

Herd immunity will eventually catch up. Right now the responses are to try to slow down the infection rate so that hospitals can keep up with the critical cases.

But yeah I'm worried that the markets still have lower to go.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I might try to get some housework/spring cleaning done. But I'll still be working my regular hours, no rest for the wicked!

I'll play it a bit cautious because I'm really not sure how my husband will react to this virus. But work will make it a touch more difficult.

We will also do lots of walks and going to the park. Because being outside is good for you!!

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I might try to get some housework/spring cleaning done. But I'll still be working my regular hours, no rest for the wicked!

I'll play it a bit cautious because I'm really not sure how my husband will react to this virus. But work will make it a touch more difficult.

We will also do lots of walks and going to the park. Because being outside is good for you!!

I gotta go into work, too. I got SIX callouts for my unit today, all for the same shift!... And we only have 8 nurses, so.... who's looking after the patients if there's only 2 people there ? lol

Otherwise I'm just studying for my NCLEX on April 16 and catching up on Red Dead Redemption 2.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Herd immunity will eventually catch up. Right now the responses are to try to slow down the infection rate so that hospitals can keep up with the critical cases.

But yeah I'm worried that the markets still have lower to go.
I've read this virus might be more like the common cold, meaning people can just keep getting it without it conferring any significant immunity. If so, theres no herd immunity. We just keep living like in and out of quarantine while we wait years for a vaccine.

Edit:. I'm no doctor, this is just shit I've read. There's also the possibility that transmission declines in the summer, which would be very welcome news.

That said, there seems to still be a lot of unknowns here. Flatten out the curve sounds great, i just hope this really is a curve, and there i a tail at the back of this thing.

Last edited:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I gotta go into work, too. I got SIX callouts for my unit today, all for the same shift!... And we only have 8 nurses, so.... who's looking after the patients if there's only 2 people there ? lol

Otherwise I'm just studying for my NCLEX on April 16 and catching up on Red Dead Redemption 2.

We are actually over staffed, so I'm curious to know what happens with our extra staff! I work in a cardiac ICU, and we staff for 18 patients, we only have 10. Which means 6-7 extra nurses a shift. I expect we send them to the PICU and resp floors.

We were pretty bonkers with the flu this year though, as it hit kids hard.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I got a back log of video games and Neal Stephenson books to get caught up on.

Started playing Wind Waker HD today
After that I got: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dark Souls 3 DLC, Witcher 3 DLC, Luigi's Mansion 3, Vanquish.

Want to find a decent emulation of Final Fantasy 3 (US). Might splurge for Granblue Versus. Will absolutely be getting Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing next week.

Gonna start Cryptonomicon tonight by Neal Stephenson. Then onto the Baroque Cycle.

Might finally get around to watching the Wire, the Sopranos and Succession.

I'm also gonna make a point to lift weights for a half hour and learn Spanish for an hour each day.

Reactions: Deku

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Cancel and get a refund if you can.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad